Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint re thread deleted from forum

Options
  • 21-12-2020 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I started a thread called The dynamics of the northern hemisphere game in the Rugby forum and it was closed. I want to know by who, why and why I received no notification just this

"<Gibberish removed>"

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to Helpdesk, as DRP only covers bans and infractions, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Spear wrote: »
    Moved to Helpdesk, as DRP only covers bans and infractions, nothing else.

Ok

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've just had a look at the thread

The mod edited your OP 13 minutes after it was posted (and before you started this thread). He removed all the narrative with the comment "gibberish removed"

Having looked at what you posted, I think gibberish is a fair summation

The mod's name is clearly stated as the person who did the edit (full site, not Touch) -Zzippy. I'm not sure you will get much further information by discussing it with the mod via PM, but please feel free to try if you wish

I think what you say in these replies is gibberish and that summation is more than fair.

1. Course he modified the thread after I initiated the it because if he had done it before hand then he would be a time traveller.

2. I only made the complaint because it was removed, ie, after the fact

3. He didn't remove the narrative "gibberish removed" because it still there, perhaps you meant replaced.

4. This whole thing poses a follow up question, which you undoubtedly won't answer in a straight forward manner. If mods can act so fast on things. why don't they act when a racist slur is flung or a thread is baited for instance, perhaps the mods not impartial as I said before.

As a follow up to theist post, which interestingly I cannot edit #conspiracy theory forum, similar incidents with this mod are common please search "Zzippy Unfairly Targeting Me"

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have no issue with what the mod did here and how he did it.

If you do not like the "gibberish removed" comment I will delete the thread altogether

Beasty wrote: »
    I have no issue with what the mod did here and how he did it.

If you do not like the "gibberish removed" comment I will delete the thread altogether

Do shur not much point in it staying up.

Advertisement