Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey Purchase 2020

Options
  • 21-12-2020 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

As usual, I've not booked a turkey. This hasnt been a problem last few years and I'll pick up one of the 4-5kg bronze turkeys in Lidl/Aldi around the €35 mark.

This year though, we have a couple of extra people as of yesterday, so needing a bigger version.

Any of the supermarkets doing a bigger bronze than 5kg? Rang a couple of butchers and they are all out.

I know some here will think there is no difference between normal turkey and bronze, but those people are wrong. Now take my money!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

I was looking at one in Tesco today, it was 34 quid I think but can't remember the size. I actually didn't go for it and went for the bog standard as I have bought Bronze over the years and heathen that I am I have come to the conclusion I like the ordinary turkey better :)

I needed a bit extra too so bought a small turkey and a crown, that way I have more breast to leg ratio and I'm going to amputate a leg tonight to cook tomorrow for a tasty sandwich for me and then some stock for the gravy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Hi All,

As usual, I've not booked a turkey. This hasnt been a problem last few years and I'll pick up one of the 4-5kg bronze turkeys in Lidl/Aldi around the €35 mark.

This year though, we have a couple of extra people as of yesterday, so needing a bigger version.

Any of the supermarkets doing a bigger bronze than 5kg? Rang a couple of butchers and they are all out.

I know some here will think there is no difference between normal turkey and bronze, but those people are wrong. Now take my money!

Lidl and Dunnes had many turkeys today. Up to 8kg in Lidl, up to 10kg frozen in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My local Supervalu, the only shop I have access to ( emailing orders in) usually only have huge fresh turkeys just before Christmas. Ferries tend to be delayed if the weather is bad to last year they got me a smaller frozen one. I make a breast recipe for myself and have " help " with the rest raw ( the cats)

This year he has sent a frozen breast on the bone,. Which I think will be perfect for me.( Poor cats!) Basically I roast a thick "sandwich" of breast meat with stuffing and cranberry as " filling". Foil until last while then unwrap. Suits me on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Canterelle

My local Supervalu in Kimmage is sold out of the boned and rolled fresh turkey breast - does anyone know if they are available in Dunnes, Aldi or Lidl anywhere in D12 or D6? Before I make the trek there this evening! Thanks

Advertisement