Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best espresso machine and grinder setup with a budget of €800

Options
  • 21-12-2020 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m an avid coffee drinker (espresso & Americano) using my nespresso machine but would like to upgrade to a home barista setup.
    I’ve been reading a lot lately and have been truly overwhelmed by all the different options.

One thing I’d like to do is but a really good grinder that will last me as I will probably be likely to upgrade the machine as time goes on.
    I’ve been looking at Mazzer (mini and super jolly), Eureka Mignon and Niche Zero grinders.
    Does anyone have any advice/experience on these?
    I’ve been looking at the Sage Bambino and Gaggia Classic Pro machines.
    Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Sorry to add to your confusion but d you purely drink black coffee? If so you could consider an option that would work for filter / pour over too. I am a recent covert to the clever dripper and find it gives a great cup of black after previously drinking americanos. Could be worth considering when investing in a grinder - have heard great things about the Niche from James Hoffman' videos for espresso!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

We all have our own ideas / preferences, but for what it’s worth, my shout would be:

1: Niche Zero
    2: Second Gaggia Classic
    3: Pimp the Gaggia with a couple of small but important mods, the most important being a PID which regulates the temperature.

Should get all of the above more or less within your budget. Requires a bit of reading / learning, but was worth it for me, and I kind of enjoyed the journey. Someone from here pointed me in the direction of Coffee Forums UK, so that’s what I did, and I picked up what I could. I built up to the Niche, as I didn’t have that kind of cash to splash at the beginning. There’s a wait list as well so you might need some patience. If you want everything now, maybe another route would be better.

Best of luck!

johnfaul wrote: »
    Hi All,

I’m an avid coffee drinker (espresso & Americano) using my nespresso machine but would like to upgrade to a home barista setup.
    I’ve been reading a lot lately and have been truly overwhelmed by all the different options.

One thing I’d like to do is but a really good grinder that will last me as I will probably be likely to upgrade the machine as time goes on.
    I’ve been looking at Mazzer (mini and super jolly), Eureka Mignon and Niche Zero grinders.
    Does anyone have any advice/experience on these?
    I’ve been looking at the Sage Bambino and Gaggia Classic Pro machines.
    Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I bought a new Rancilio Silvia and a Eureka Silenzio during the summer for about 800.

Love them!

Picked up a 2014 Gaggia Classic for our weekend house last week from adverts for 140, changed the wand and added a naked portafilter and im very impressed also.

Advertisement