Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

adaminho wrote: »
    Except it's in Clare! LEDP offered their space with ample parking, on a bus route, within walking distance and right next door to the Irish Wheelchair Society who would be high up on the list!
    No, the Chief Executive of the LEDP tweeted the CEO of the HSE. There's a big jump form that to actually offering the site officially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,718 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Clareman wrote: »
    The West County Inn has been picked for Ennis so we're covered :P

Well it is just stupid then.
    Sure it's fine anyway as every adult in Ireland drives a car unless there is something wrong with them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jpharvey

I'll admit the parklet outside centra was handy for myself and the wife over Christmas, out for a walk, grab a cuppa from centra, sit there and pretend there's normality in our world for 10 minutes

God. Will it ever come back? Wear a mask inside everyone! Shakes hand at sky.

Personally, I prefer the pedestrianised part of Catherine St for coffee and people watching. Can't see that happening for a good while.

Sitting behind, according to the Council's statement, a top quality hence the big bucks, reinforced plastic super shield while a car doing ninety only a foot away doesn't appeal. The fear of being flattened and the fumes and the noise from traffic are real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Personally I'm just happy we're getting a vaccination centre and don't have to travel out of the county to get to one, also plenty of space at the Radisson for social distancing requirements... And it's also on a bus route for anybody that needs it

Makes sense to have one at the West County as well for the benefit of anybody living out in West Clare from the perspective of bus routes and even the train line

A few stats for Limerick

New cases yesterday 11/02: 28
    5 day moving average: 33
    14 day moving average 38.64
    14 day incidence: 277.6 (299.6 nationally for comparison)
    New cases in the last 14 days: 541

Slowly but surely our important figures are getting better

Well technically the Radisson is in Clare ;) But yeah, it's good to hear that these things are being set up in advance of the ramp up in vaccinations.

• Advertisement

Personally I'm just happy we're getting a vaccination centre and don't have to travel out of the county to get to one, also plenty of space at the Radisson for social distancing requirements... And it's also on a bus route for anybody that needs it

Makes sense to have one at the West County as well for the benefit of anybody living out in West Clare from the perspective of bus routes and even the train line

A few stats for Limerick

New cases yesterday 11/02: 28
    5 day moving average: 33
    14 day moving average 38.64
    14 day incidence: 277.6 (299.6 nationally for comparison)
    New cases in the last 14 days: 541

Slowly but surely our important figures are getting better

Not that I'll be called for one soon, but which bus route goes out there do you know?

jpharvey wrote: »
    Not that I'll be called for one soon, but which bus route goes out there do you know?
    The 343 Shannon bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

The 343 Shannon bus.

Wouldn't you need to sprint across the dual carriageway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

No silly, you have to go to Shannon and get the return.

Well, it's out in the open and would clear the sinuses from masking on the bus :D

• Advertisement

Yup, but that's an official stop on that route and there's a footpath across the central reservation.

adaminho wrote: »
    No silly, you have to go to Shannon and get the return.

Wait, seriously?

Nevermind, answered above. Thanks!

The 343 Shannon bus.

Small correction, the 343 Ennis (via Shannon) bus

Also heard on the radio this morning that anybody who can't make it to a vaccination centre would not be left behind and the Army could be mobilised to help if necessary

Small correction, the 343 Ennis (via Shannon) bus

Also heard on the radio this morning that anybody who can't make it to a vaccination centre would not be left behind and the Army could be mobilised to help if necessary

Why not a central location? They're stupid. Whose relative will profit from this choice?

Why not a central location? They're stupid. Whose relative will profit from this choice?

If I had to guess, large open space, ample parking and an unused hotel do we have one of those in the city?

If I had to guess, large open space, ample parking and an unused hotel do we have one of those in the city?

Clarion suites?

Clarion suites?

It would probably take a lot to get it up to scratch as it has been laying derelict. Might not even have power or water.

Roxborough Maldron or Castletroy Travelodge were possible options I would assume

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Well it is just stupid then.
    Sure it's fine anyway as every adult in Ireland drives a car unless there is something wrong with them :(

Personally, I’d walk to Dublin for a vaccination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Are people just happier when they are complaining.

The vast vast majority of people have access to cars. Their own or a lift

They have said no one will be left behind.

They are in the process of setting up a vaccination centre 10 minutes out the road.

Something that we've all been dreaming of for the last 12 months

And still people complain

Clarion suites?

It would probably take a lot to get it up to scratch as it has been laying derelict. Might not even have power or water.

Roxborough Maldron or Castletroy Travelodge were possible options I would assume

It's a bit of a stretch to call them Central locations I think

• Advertisement

On a decent bus route though. I think what was annoying people is the whole having to run across the dual carriageway

On a decent bus route though. I think what was annoying people is the whole having to run across the dual carriageway

First world problems.

Clarion suites is walking distance from town.

Clarion suites is walking distance from town.

You are talking about a town where I have seen young healthy people get taxis from the Crescent monument to Denmark St.

You are talking about a town where I have seen young healthy people get taxis from the Crescent monument to Denmark St.

Should we push them there in wheelchairs?

Should we push them there in wheelchairs?

Who ?

Who ?

The young lazy and soon to not be healthy young people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

https://free-now.com/ie/covid-vaccination/

FreeNow taxi app offering help to people who need to travel to vaccination centres.

• Advertisement

djdunny wrote: »
    https://free-now.com/ie/covid-vaccination/

FreeNow taxi app offering help to people who need to travel to vaccination centres.

That's nice but if the HSE aren't going to leave anybody behind as stated above they won't have many taking up the offer. I imagine a taxi from the city to the Radisson would be about the €15 mark, I recall it was about €7-€8 to the Woodfield before the lockdown

A very saucy 48 new cases announced yesterday for Limerick, it will be interesting to see if the steps UL are taking will lead to more cases or not

Advertisement