Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Water off a ducks back for them I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 huron

I was in the market on Saturday morning and there was one family there that were pointedly not wearing masks. They were two adults and two young fellas with what looked like a friend of the adults wandering around with a dog on a leash looking for an argument. Just staring at everyone and not even trying to shop for anything. Bloody disappointing to see these idiots still on the loose when there's so many that have been badly affected by Covid. Thankfully nobody was giving them the satisfaction of an argument. They were given a wide, wide berth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

MarkR wrote: »
    I was just coming on here to post that, wanted to make sure it wasn't that same thing from last month, but no, 200 people went off to have a picnic / party at a graveyard. Zero sympathy for those involved. I hope they get massive fines. File is being prepared for the DPP, so hopefully they get what they deserve.

They won't because if they're fined, they won't pay, that is, if they're still in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I was in a shopping centre in Limerick 2 weeks ago and sitting on a seat near the supermarket was an elderly woman with a mask hanging off her right ear coughing and spluttering...

I see this, I see 200 people gathering at a cemetery, the protest in Dublin on Saturday, house parties and people being flown in from Brazil and just wonder why I'm bothering

I will of course continue to bother because I understand the dangers of this virus but I can understand people's frustrations,

Also it takes 6 months to toilet train a toddler, we should all be able to wear masks after a year of a pandemic. I get that some people have very large noses so if anybody is struggling for this reason let me know and I'll teach you how I fit my boxes on properly

Thanks boards.ie - I needed to get that off my chest

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

I was in a shopping centre in Limerick 2 weeks ago and sitting on a seat near the supermarket was an elderly woman with a mask hanging off her right ear coughing and spluttering...

I see this, I see 200 people gathering at a cemetery, the protest in Dublin on Saturday, house parties and people being flown in from Brazil and just wonder why I'm bothering

I will of course continue to bother because I understand the dangers of this virus but I can understand people's frustrations,

Also it takes 6 months to toilet train a toddler, we should all be able to wear masks after a year of a pandemic. I get that some people have very large noses so if anybody is struggling for this reason let me know and I'll teach you how I fit my boxes on properly

Thanks boards.ie - I needed to get that off my chest
    An awful lot of us share your annoyance with these peoople

• Advertisement

frank8211 wrote: »
    An awful lot of us share your annoyance with these peoople

Yeah, I feel better getting it off my chest here, proper medicine

49 new cases today in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

Why isnt anyone calling for UL students to be sent home? The experiment has clearly failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Why isnt anyone calling for UL students to be sent home? The experiment has clearly failed.

Many are adults renting privately so cant be sent anywhere. A fair few are also in Limerick working in the hospitals and care homes

Also there are 17000 students and yes some are breaking the rules but so are some people from all areas of life from what I can see

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Also there are 17000 students and yes some are breaking the rules but so are some people from all areas of life from what I can see

Exactly you can't judge every book by its cover, although it would send a message if students caught with this carry on were not allowed to graduate

I see the students Union made a sensible call to postpone charity/rag week this year

Exactly you can't judge every book by its cover, although it would send a message if students caught with this carry on were not allowed to graduate

I see the students Union made a sensible call to postpone charity/rag week this year

And what about if all the people illegally congregating with people from outside their bubble who are not students. Should they get the sack from their jobs?

It would be a lot of people out of work from what I can see

• Advertisement

And what about if all the people illegally congregating with people from outside their bubble who are not students. Should they get the sack from their jobs?

It would be a lot of people out of work from what I can see

Problem there is there's a 12% chance they're already out of work but if they're not and blatantly putting their employers business at risk there should be some repercussions! If they're not then a cut to their PUP should be considered

My point is that one punishment doesn't doesn't fit all cases

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Not a good look

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Also hearing reports today of landlords starting to set up rents for the summer to this years leaving certs. If I could get more info I'd try report them to somebody. Completely irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

Time to send them home. They will never get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Time UL start permanently expels some of the students no obaying guidlines. The drivetime segment last week was embrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Yes but the students living there are probably doing so because they can't get internet in their homes out the country... The fact they didn't get their rent money back doesn't help

They have bb at home. They are in UL purely for parties.

Time UL start permanently expels some of the students no obaying guidlines. The drivetime segment last week was embrassing
    Can they though for something that happens off campus in private residences? Unfortunately I don't think there's much that UL can actually do.

Also hearing reports today of landlords starting to set up rents for the summer to this years leaving certs. If I could get more info I'd try report them to somebody. Completely irresponsible.

As in overnight bookings for parties ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The UL forum is here if you want to discuss what UL should do with their students.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Many are adults renting privately so cant be sent anywhere. A fair few are also in Limerick working in the hospitals and care homes

Time to send them home. They will never get the message.

So dozens of people doing something means that 17,000 people should be impacted? Those idiots should have the book thrown at them in my opinion but the other 16k+ people who are doing the right thing shouldn't be affected.

When you read the positive of vaccine rollout AND number dropping in hospitals,ICU etc. Youd feel a glimmer of hope.....THEN you hear of this carry on......makes me despair

Clareman wrote: »
    So dozens of people doing something means that 17,000 people should be impacted? Those idiots should have the book thrown at them in my opinion but the other 16k+ people who are doing the right thing shouldn't be affected.
    Who out of the 3 posts you quoted even suggested that?

When you read the positive of vaccine rollout AND number dropping in hospitals,ICU etc. Youd feel a glimmer of hope.....THEN you hear of this carry on......makes me despair

What?

My post was a question not a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

No most summers some of the student houses are rented out for lower rents to students or young people around the city. They move in and it becomes party central for a while. They move home then when the summers over. It caused a lot of cases last summer and it looks like it might again.

Limerick leader reporting dozens of students congregating, videos showing about 60 odd from what I can make out, RTE reporting gardaí have arrested 3 people

So by my maths there's a 1 in 20 chance of being arrested for breaking COVID guidelines? I think I've found the problem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭AnonZen

https://twitter.com/Cunneen92/status/1366853343906328580?s=19

After he'd posted the video that is now widespread.

They got publicity on RTE earlier in the week and of course then they had a reputation to live up to. They arranged this just to look the part that they're cool and party animals. Showing off that they're hard and "mad b*stards" of course. Cretins.

They got publicity on RTE earlier in the week and of course then they had a reputation to live up to. They arranged this just to look the part that they're cool and party animals. Showing off that they're hard and "mad b*stards" of course. Cretins.

Your saying it's a copycat of the 'protest' on Sunday? You might have a point there...

I laughed when I read the term 'breakfast meeting' it's like this is a big problem but it can wait until tomorrow

https://twitter.com/Limerick_Leader/status/1366883781269884933?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jpharvey

Your saying it's a copycat of the 'protest' on Sunday? You might have a point there...

I laughed when I read the term 'breakfast meeting' it's like this is a big problem but it can wait until tomorrow

https://twitter.com/Limerick_Leader/status/1366883781269884933?s=19

The Limerick Leader quote 'a large number of people fleeing the scene as a garda car – sirens blaring – arrives, as chaos reigned supreme', made me laugh tbh.

Whatever about Covid (yes I know slightly off topic) they are all taking the absolute piss.

Advertisement