Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Comhra wrote: »
    I'm just home from there. In the queue for 20 mins. approx. Very busy and fairly crowded, more than I've seen for a few weeks now.

Tesco at coonagh seemed the same, it's busiest I've seen in nearly a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Town was quiet. Maybe it's the crap weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Comhra wrote: »
    I'm just home from there. In the queue for 20 mins. approx. Very busy and fairly crowded, more than I've seen for a few weeks now.

The Dunnes website is actually pretty useful for booking a time slot to enter the store. I’ve avoided long queues over the past few weekends by booking a slot and then just stroll straight in.

Avoids having to hang around for longer than necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Tesco at coonagh seemed the same, it's busiest I've seen in nearly a year

Parkway Shopping Center was mental today. Spent probably 15 minutes waiting to get out of the car park alone.

All of this reminds me of the saying "you are not stuck in traffic, you are traffic"

Plenty of its shocking how many people had the cheek to go to the place I went to going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Yep....was there myself just before 10 and it was jammers. Had to queue for a couple of minutes to get in which hasn't happened in a long time.

It seemed pretty crowded inside tbh but everyone behaving themselves.

I was nearly 30 minutes trying to jet into Jetland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Queue to get into the Jetland at half nine on a Sunday morning this is by far the busiest I've seen it

sioda wrote: »
    Queue to get into the Jetland at half nine on a Sunday morning this is by far the busiest I've seen it

Rugby coverage starts at 2. People getting the housework done early

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mother's Day, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Ok what was weird is that the inside of the shop was much quieter than usual maybe they have reduced the number allowed in-store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

breezy1985 wrote: »
    All of this reminds me of the saying "you are not stuck in traffic, you are traffic"

Plenty of its shocking how many people had the cheek to go to the place I went to going on

I don't mind queues getting in and out of places and I don't think anybody here does, but when you're in a place and it feels almost claustrophobic is not good at the moment! Not good for staff welfare either

I don't mind queues getting in and out of places and I don't think anybody here does, but when you're in a place and it feels almost claustrophobic is not good at the moment! Not good for staff welfare either

Then dont go in if you are worried about overcrowding and the staff. If you go in you are not witnessing overcrowding you are overcrowding

Then dont go in if you are worried about overcrowding and the staff. If you go in you are not witnessing overcrowding you are overcrowding

You mean I should queue safely for half an hour and then when I see what's happening inside the shop I should turn around and walk out? As it happens that's exactly what I did, I was in and out of Lidl across the road in 5 minutes flat and felt much safer

You mean I should queue safely for half an hour and then when I see what's happening inside the shop I should turn around and walk out? As it happens that's exactly what I did, I was in and out of Lidl across the road in 5 minutes flat and felt much safer

Fair play to you. If you are worried about overcrowding its the right thing to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Agree with this- if they are controlling numbers in and out they also need to be controlling the numbers actually in the store. Bit deflating spending half an hour in a queue expecting things not to be crazy inside. I’d rather spend longer in a queue than have this half arse scenario- it’s only window dressing if they aren’t doing it right.

Fair play to you. If you are worried about overcrowding its the right thing to do

Yes, I'd rather if my time spent waiting in line to get in was more fruitful but I wasn't willing to risk my health for the sake of a few groceries
    martyc5674 wrote: »
    Agree with this- if they are controlling numbers in and out they also need to be controlling the numbers actually in the store. Bit deflating spending half an hour in a queue expecting things not to be crazy inside. I’d rather spend longer in a queue than have this half arse scenario- it’s only window dressing if they aren’t doing it right.

Exactly, whatever about me, who can walk away after seeing the crowds, it's the staff I feel for

Mc Love wrote: »
    Parkway Shopping Center was mental today. Spent probably 15 minutes waiting to get out of the car park alone.

You didn't happen to witness the person in the Peugeot Expert that held half of car park up because they clearly never drove a van in their lives, let alone try and reverse one out of a busy shopping centre parking spot? The mayhem they caused was comical but caused a massive traffic jam on the offie/Chinese side of the car park. I managed to make a break for it soon after I copped what was happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

If I see a queue of more than 8-10 people I just don't bother. There's never anything I need bad enough that I have to stand outside like that.

I'll never be able to understand people queueing for 30+ minutes to go into a Dunnes that is open all day and night. Especially when there's 2 perfectly good Aldi shops and a Lidl within 2-3km of the Dunnes.

If I see a queue of more than 8-10 people I just don't bother. There's never anything I need bad enough that I have to stand outside like that.

I'll never be able to understand people queueing for 30+ minutes to go into a Dunnes that is open all day and night. Especially when there's 2 perfectly good Aldi shops and a Lidl within 2-3km of the Dunnes.

8-10 people is a short queue, especially outside Lidl you're never more than 3 minutes to get in, 4 minutes on a bad day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

What are you talking about, 8-10 people in a queue to get into a large supermarket is nothing, it's a few minutes wait and no more.

Having to go away and come back just doesn't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

phog wrote: »
    What are you talking about, 8-10 people in a queue to get into a large supermarket is nothing, it's a few minutes wait and no more.

Having to go away and come back just doesn't make sense.

Just my own feeling on it. I haven't done it since all these restrictions started and won't be doing it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭limerickabroad

Hi all,

Don't want to start a new thread, but was wondering if the Council Recycling Centre in Mungret is still open during the level-5 restrictions? I can't seem to find any info on their website or on the council website . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Hi all,

Don't want to start a new thread, but was wondering if the Council Recycling Centre in Mungret is still open during the level-5 restrictions? I can't seem to find any info on their website or on the council website . . .

Yes Mungret recycling is open. Closed Sunday, Monday.

https://www.limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

The policing within shops is non existent. I was in Dunnes the other day and queuing for the till a..man buying his daily bottle of vodka and 2L bottle of cork was standing right behind me, I asked him twice to give me some space. So frustrating, his reaction is to say "you need to calm down man", hard to be calm with idiots like this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Did some shopping in Aldi in Castletroy.

Had all my stuff up on till when I realised the guy on till wasn’t wearing a mask. Wiping his nostrils with his fingers multiple times. Absolutely disgusting pre-COVID. Unacceptable now.

Another person on till with nose not covered at all. A number of customers the same.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

FutureGuy wrote: »

Had all my stuff up on till when I realised the guy on till wasn’t wearing a mask. Wiping his nostrils with his fingers multiple times. Absolutely disgusting pre-COVID. Unacceptable now.

Another person on till with nose not covered at all. A number of customers the same.

I've seen that in a few places. They seem to think you need to be breathing directly onto someone in order for it to be an issue. Perfectly fine to garnish your produce with their exhalations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

FutureGuy wrote: »

Its like they think they are fine once behind the screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I won't queue simply because if there's a queue, then most likely there's too many people inside to begin with. There's too many some days when there's no queue... Shopping as late as possible is more or less working for me. But there are some places I won't go into regardless because I've seen too many people in there from the outside (Lidl Childers Road, Aldi - any of them).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Dunnes Stores on Childers Road was very quiet and peaceful this morning.

Advertisement