Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Vaccination centre to be moved to Patrickswell to the race course with transport provided from city centre out. Could they not have used LIT and UL and the south court so people could pretty much walk to the nesrest venue? A simple drop down menu on the registration portal to pick which venue suits.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

pajoguy wrote: »
    Vaccination centre to be moved to Patrickswell to the race course with transport provided from city centre out. Could they not have used LIT and UL and the south court so people could pretty much walk to the nesrest venue? A simple drop down menu on the registration portal to pick which venue suits.

Have you a link for that move?

The HSE were clear in that they operated a points based evualtion for picking centres, the Radisson is far from perfect but everywhere would have issues I'm sure. I don't think LIT/UL would have been an option because college is still in session. The South Court would have been handy but it's still open as a business I think, also there's a lot of steps so not sure about accessibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Clareman wrote: »

The HSE were clear in that they operated a points based evualtion for picking centres, the Radisson is far from perfect but everywhere would have issues I'm sure. I don't think LIT/UL would have been an option because college is still in session. The South Court would have been handy but it's still open as a business I think, also there's a lot of steps so not sure about accessibility.

There are no steps into the conference centre in the Southcourt, the steps are up to the reception and/or pub area of the Southcourt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭AnonZen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

if this slows down the process ill be well pissed. Provide a bus to take people to the Raddison. Get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

dashoonage wrote: »
    if this slows down the process ill be well pissed. Provide a bus to take people to the Raddison. Get on with it.

Radisson is reopening to guests in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Yep - advertising for staff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

pajoguy wrote: »

Yes apparently Niall Colliins was campaigning for it, said the Radisson was too far out of the way with no public transport links... He seems to be happy to have it in the racecourse, which is the same distance from the city centre and has no public transport links :pac::pac::pac:

The racecourse is open with racing 'behind closed doors'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The racecourse is open with racing 'behind closed doors'
    The hotel requires its public spaces to be available to the public to open.

The racecourse doesn't need it's public spaces to be available as racing is being done behind closed doors. There is a huge difference.

The hotel requires its public spaces to be available to the public to open.

The racecourse doesn't need it's public spaces to be available as racing is being done behind closed doors. There is a huge difference.

This is true, dammit there goes my plan of booking a night at the Radisson and "accidentally stumbling" into the vaccination centre for an early vaccine :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Hopefully they'll run both centres at the same time for a while to get as many people as possible the jab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Gooser14

dashoonage wrote:

The Raddison is opening as a functioning hotel from 1 July 21 so this probably has a bearing on the need for the relocation of the vaccine centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Clareman wrote: »

Niall collins on Live 95fm this morning.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Here's a link to the story about the change in location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Good that they are gonna run both together and have a bus service.

I don't see how Collins thinks it's a more suitable location though looks like more of the same to me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I guess you don't have to deal with the city/toll if you're driving. More smaller centres would be great, have a main hub distributing supplies but have the actual point of vaccination more accessible.

My partner early 40s (asthmatic) just had a phone call from her GP (limerick city) inviting her to come for a vaccine this afternoon. Maybe check your phones for missed calls as was totally unexpected.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Good that they are gonna run both together and have a bus service.

I don't see how Collins thinks it's a more suitable location though looks like more of the same to me

In fairness it seems to be a very time sensitive operation so they probably had to do run both centres together to minimise time lost in the transportation of the centre

Collins is probably happy purely because it's in his constituency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Had a 4.05 appointment today, got jab at 4.00, have to wait 15 minutes before leaving, smooth operation at the Radisson, arrived at 3.55, leaving at 4.15

Well done

Had a 4.05 appointment today, got jab at 4.00, have to wait 15 minutes before leaving, smooth operation at the Radisson, arrived at 3.55, leaving at 4.15

Well done

Did you get the AZ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

greenkiwi1 wrote:
    Did you get the AZ?

I was there at 2:10 , it was the moderna .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

jonski wrote: »
    I was there at 2:10 , it was the moderna .

does the Appointment comfirmation text not say which Vaccine you are getting.. got mine last week and text gave me time/ Date and Vaccine Moderna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

afro man wrote: »
    does the Appointment comfirmation text not say which Vaccine you are getting.. got mine last week and text gave me time/ Date and Vaccine Moderna

It always does

Moderna, I’d say it’s nearly all Moderna for the 50’s in limerick at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭mun1

Got my appointment for Thursday in radisson and it’s moderna .
    happy days :)

mun1 wrote: »

How many days did it take from registration to notification of appointment?

greenkiwi1 wrote: »
    How many days did it take from registration to notification of appointment?

1 week from registration to appointment date .

mun1 wrote: »

What age group are you, if you don’t mind saying, the mrs is waiting for hers

What age group are you, if you don’t mind saying, the mrs is waiting for hers

51. Had to log back into website to give consent before appointment confirmed

• Advertisement

Mrs just got notified, Janssen on Friday

Advertisement