Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

My text came thru 9pm. Pfizer on Saturday at the Radisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

same here, Pfizer on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone been to the Radisson to get their jab?? is it a long wait or in/out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

fryup wrote: »

I got mine there in early April. Was in and out very quickly. My appointment was for 11.10am, I checked in at 10.55am and was out in my car again (after the 15 mins. wait) by 11.20. Very efficient throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

I was there early May, getting the Moderna.

At that time, the Moderna people were being picked out of the line and brought into a second line. We got ours in the smaller banqueting room to the left of reception (almost 34 years to the day when we had our wedding reception there :D ). We were waiting for about 15 minutes and I had to wait 30 minutes afterwards because of previous reactions to vaccinations. But I was fine. And it was very efficient.

Hubby got the AZ the following day - big ballroom. His was a lot faster and he didn't have to wait very long because he's normal ;) I had brought a book I wanted to read while I was waiting for him. I didn't get much read!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I was there last Friday for a 5:40pm appointment. I arrived about 5:25 and there was a queue of about 40 people outside going around towards the rear of the Hotel.
    I thought I'd be waiting at least half an hour just to get in the door, but it moved so quickly that I was in a cubicle getting my jab at exactly 5:40.

Just so you know, once you go into the Hotel you are fairly instantly getting checked in so all the actual queueing is before the main door.
    After the jab you are asked to sit in a holding area for 15 minutes just to make sure you don't have any sudden reaction to the vaccine.
    It's up to you but I gave it just under 10 minutes before I got up and left.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Brought my wife there today, appointment for 11, checked in at 10:55 or so, she was sitting back into the car at 11:20 having done the sitting down for 15 minutes to make sure no reaction. No major queues outside, great operation in fairness to all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can i take the odd pic as a momento (it is historical afterall) or would that be frowned upon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

can i take the odd pic as a momento (it is historical afterall) or would that be frowned upon?

You will probably be getting a booster shot next year so i wouldnt bother taking a selfie unless you do it for every gp appiontment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Genuinely, why wasn't UL used for the vacation centre it has very good public transport links, and plenty of space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,070 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

Not surprised at the spike in numbers, was in city centre yesterday just after 4 and saw 15-20 guys drinking pints in a small alleyway beside a pub, all close together and no masks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Not surprised at the spike in numbers, was in city centre yesterday just after 4 and saw 15-20 guys drinking pints in a small alleyway beside a pub, all close together and no masks.

Every town is reporting stuff like this though so it doesnt explain the spike in Limerick in particular.

We have seen it in loads of counties now once it gets in it moves very fast till it can be got under control so probably not down to one thing. Better hope its not partly because of this Indian covid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,697 ✭✭✭giveitholly

In fairness very hard to drink a pint with a mask on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is that the pub with the alley on Denmark St?

Saw same a couple of days ago and thought it looked fairly dodgy too now that you mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is that the pub with the alley on Denmark St?

Saw same a couple of days ago and thought it looked fairly dodgy too now that you mention it.

That's the one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Well the HSE seem to be blaming the famously teetotal Muslims, rather than those nasty drunken Irish. https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-outbreak-limerick-5444777-May2021/
    The statement continues: “Activities contributing to this increase in cases include house parties, indoor gatherings, social activities surrounding last week’s Eid celebrations, and significant onward transmission from weekend social events into workplaces.

Maybe, just maybe, people having a few pints outdoors, where transmission is 17 times less likely than indoors, isn't the reason for this recent increase. Or at least that's what the HSE thinks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

There are a good few classes out over a lot of schools as a result of the Eid celebrations, my daughters included. Eid is to Muslims as Christmas is to me so I understand they want to celebrate but there seems to have been a number of big in doors celebrations last weekend and some scheduled again this weekend. There could be a good few case floating around by next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Oh my god!!!!

There are a good few classes out over a lot of schools as a result of the Eid celebrations, my daughters included. Eid is to Muslims as Christmas is to me so I understand they want to celebrate but there seems to have been a number of big in doors celebrations last weekend and some scheduled again this weekend. There could be a good few case floating around by next weekend

What's big. Arent 50 or even multiple groups of 50 allowed in mass now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

In fairness very hard to drink a pint with a mask on

Yep more I was out and saw some people enjoying themselves nonsense..

breezy1985 wrote: »
    What's big. Arent 50 or even multiple groups of 50 allowed in mass now.

There is a fair difference between putting 50 people into a big church and putting 50 people into a house is there not?

There is a fair difference between putting 50 people into a big church and putting 50 people into a house is there not?

Any proof on the house parties
    How come the Muslims are not causing spikes in Cork Dublin and Galway. Sounds like another easy target

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

How come the Muslims are not causing spikes in Cork Dublin and Galway. Sounds like another easy target

I was on the Ennis Road earlier today after driving back here from Dundrum & I was requested by a group of girls who were dressed as if they were going for a night out to buy them drink & give them a lift. They promised me I could join the party if I honoured their request. I just told them to sod off.

Edit: Just my own personal experience. I don't know if this was happening elsewhere at any significant level...

I was on the Ennis Road earlier today after driving back here from Dundrum & I was requested by a group of girls who were dressed as if they were going for a night out to buy them drink & give them a lift. They promised me I could join the party if I honoured their request. I just told them to sod off.

Edit: Just my own personal experience. I don't know if this was happening elsewhere at any significant level...

Sorry I should have been more clear I meant the Eid ones. But even for regular house parties I dont think Limerick is doing them more than anywhere else

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Why don't you ask the HSE? They're the ones who mentioned house partys and Eid celebrations as the causes of the spike.

Maybe try not getting so indignant while ignoring the facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

That's the one.

Phils?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Breezy likes to have a cut, any cut at all on the holy joes as he likes to refer them. Seldom misses an opportunity and facts usually don't matter too much either.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mod note. Lads can we just chill s bit. Opinions diff so if you don't like it don't get personal please. Thks

• Advertisement

I wondered why other cities haven't seen this rise as well but maybe it's more visible because limerick was reasonable under control.
    Yes I have proof there was a number of parties and yes I know it created a lot of close contacts which resulted in positive students going to schools.
    I have nothing against Muslims, not a thing! Eid has had a number of positive for the city as well. I believe part of the festive is to give something back to your community and they cleaned the parks as part of there celebrations. The fact of the matter is they had parties, the virus was transmitted, carried it into schools and work places and now we have a spike in numbers! How that's me creating an easy target I don't know

Advertisement