Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I guess from now on Limerick will be known as Jab City!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Even if he was a close contact surely there is an option to sit the exam at a later date?
    If he's a close contact through school then what can you do, there's a reason the accredited grades are here and should remain to be honest is a way better system with no pressure on one silly exam.
    Best of luck for it next week hope all goes wellðŸ‘

You can't sit the leaving at a later date.....
    There's only one paper, think now why you can't sit it later than someone else....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

banie01 wrote: »
    Given the current infection level in Limerick and conjectured for the City and Northside in particular.
    I am little disgusted to say the least, to SSE Airtricity out and about doing Door to Door sales in Caherdavin.

Where are these Northside figures coming from ?
    I can't find anything up to date about LEAs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Where are these Northside figures coming from ?
    I can't find anything up to date about LEAs

LEA figures are AFAIK off the table since the HSE hack.
    My own info is purely anecdotal and from 2 GPs I share an acquaintance with.
    Neither have mentioned specific numbers, but both have city practices and both have said that City North has overtaken the UL/city east area for infection.

LEA figures are AFAIK off the table since the HSE hack.
    My own info is purely anecdotal and from 2 GPs I share an acquaintance with.
    Neither have mentioned specific numbers, but both have city practices and both have said that City North has overtaken the UL/city east area for infection.

That's the second time today that north Limerick has been thrown out there as a problem spot and I think it's only fair that people have a little more to go on than my friends said.

If the HSE can't get the data together your doctor's are doing little more than guessing and gossiping

• Advertisement

That's the second time today that north Limerick has been thrown out there as a problem spot and I think it's only fair that people have a little more to go on than my friends said.

If the HSE can't get the data together your doctor's are doing little more than guessing and gossiping

Guessing?
    They are the ones arranging tests and where required treatment for a higher number of their patients than anytime since December according to them.
    That's a little bit more qualified than a guess but I do agree with you that the HSE need to pull their finger out with restarting localised data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Big outbreak in Guineys too I heard. Be careful lads.
    Anyone got a Pfizer or Moderna recently? Father in his 60s still waiting to be called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

It really does not matter which part of limerick has the most cases, people in limerick are mixing everywhere, supermarkets, shops, hairdressers, work to schools, outdoors.

75 new cases today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Anyone got a Pfizer or Moderna recently? Father in his 60s still waiting to be called

An outbreak can be 2 or more cases which is not a lot.

If your dad registered more than a week ago he should give them a ring as 45+ getting vaccinated this week, pfizer.

Guessing?
    They are the ones arranging tests and where required treatment for a higher number of their patients than anytime since December according to them.
    That's a little bit more qualified than a guess but I do agree with you that the HSE need to pull their finger out with restarting localised data.

But unless they are phoning every other GP and asking them for numbers they are guessing. Also I could be wrong on this but close contacts I thought are booked in by tracing teams not GPs

• Advertisement

But unless they are phoning every other GP and asking them for numbers they are guessing. Also I could be wrong on this but close contacts I thought are booked in by tracing teams not GPs

The second part of your post is precisely the issue.
    You are correct, they aren't dealing with close contacts but then I never said they were.

They are dealing with patients contacting them on foot of symptoms and triaging and booking tests at a higher rate than they have since December.

They are also working at 2 practices both of which of many thousands of patients.
    I'm not privy to their conversations, but I'd assume they are certainly having them with colleagues and comparing contrasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,635 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lockdown incoming for Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

6 wrote: »

Incorrect, everything as normal.

6 wrote: »

That's very much at odds with the press release from today's Public Health and Limerick Reps meeting.
    https://twitter.com/RobOHanrahan/status/1400850462505644040?s=19

The second part of your post is precisely the issue.
    You are correct, they aren't dealing with close contacts but then I never said they were.

They are dealing with patients contacting them on foot of symptoms and triaging and booking tests at a higher rate than they have since December.

They are also working at 2 practices both of which of many thousands of patients.
    I'm not privy to their conversations, but I'd assume they are certainly having them with colleagues and comparing contrasting.

So you assume that your friends may possibly have details the north Limerick is a major outbreak spot and the highest in Limerick.

So what you know is absolutely nothing other than gossip

So you assume that your friends may possibly have details the north Limerick is a major outbreak spot and the highest in Limerick.

So what you know is absolutely nothing other than gossip

No, but I assume my friends are competent physicians and that they can at least make an inference from the amount of positive Covid cases they are aware of, treating or referring versus the numbers reported for the county and make quite an educated guess as to what percentage of the cases attributed to Limerick that they have direct knowledge of.

It's an approximation of course, but let's take Thursday as an example.
    105 cases in Limerick, if 2 practices have 50 of those positives?
    There is a clear inference to be made.
    If a similar pattern of positives notified to GPs follow the same way over a period of days, weeks?

It's fairly easy for the GPs and the Public Health teams to have a degree of confidence in locations of outbreak even without the LEA data being released.

It's a guess, it's a guess that I can't substantiate other than with my post here and tbh I am a fan of sources myself too and totally get why no LEA and an unattributable post on Boards are a pain in the hole ;)

But, I've not got hard data, and much like Kilfinane, Ardare, St Munchkins JFK and other places mentioned, it's pretty much hearsay.

No, but I assume my friends are competent physicians and that they can at least make an inference from the amount of positive Covid cases they are aware of, treating or referring versus the numbers reported for the county and make quite an educated guess as to what percentage of the cases attributed to Limerick that they have direct knowledge of.

It's an approximation of course, but let's take Thursday as an example.
    105 cases in Limerick, if 2 practices have 50 of those positives?
    There is a clear inference to be made.
    If a similar pattern of positives notified to GPs follow the same way over a period of days, weeks?

It's fairly easy for the GPs and the Public Health teams to have a degree of confidence in locations of outbreak even without the LEA data being released.

It's a guess, it's a guess that I can't substantiate other than with my post here and tbh I am a fan of sources myself too and totally get why no LEA and an unattributable post on Boards are a pain in the hole ;)

But, I've not got hard data, and much like Kilfinane, Ardare, St Munchkins JFK and other places mentioned, it's pretty much hearsay.

Grand so in your own words it's a guess and it s hearsay

Grand so in your own words it's a guess and it s hearsay

At what point did I say it was anything more?
    Even in my 1st post regarding Northside numbers, I said conjecture.
    But if you have a problem with any of my posts?

Feel free to wind your neck in and click report ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ligind

Pfizer last week ,late 40s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭paddyirish23

You can't sit the leaving at a later date.....
    There's only one paper, think now why you can't sit it later than someone else....

Ah here you could sit it last year in August if you wanted to sit it. They do have repeats that happen you know too that aren't the same papers.

The Leaving Cert starts next week.....my son has worked really hard and is sitting most of his exams. If he's a close contact, all that work is for nothing. I know there is still accredited grades but well how 'fair' are some of those going to be. My point is the rising numbers do matter to some of us. We're are all laying low in this household at least till the LC is over.

I believe there is no later sit down this year so I hope your son gets to sit it

It is unfair that selfish idiots don't care of spreading as long as they can party or get groomed, gathering on top of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I believe there is no later sit down this year so I hope your son gets to sit it

It is unfair that selfish idiots don't care of spreading as long as they can party or get groomed, gathering on top of each other

There was only one sitting of the exams last year in November for any student who wanted to do them. It wasn't a repeat or 2nd different papers.

There is one sitting this year from next week for those who want to do the exam for any or all of their subjects. I'm not sure where you got the information about repeats in Autumn. Are you thinking of college?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

This is the reason there'll be no lock down in Limerick. There are now only 70 people in hospital with Covid nationwide. Case numbers are no longer related to hospitalisations, which is now the only important number.
    https://twitter.com/paulreiddublin/status/1400919162965405696?s=19

Ah here you could sit it last year in August if you wanted to sit it. They do have repeats that happen you know too that aren't the same papers.
    tina1040 wrote: »
    There was only one sitting of the exams last year in November for any student who wanted to do them. It wasn't a repeat or 2nd different papers.

There is one sitting this year from next week for those who want to do the exam for any or all of their subjects. I'm not sure where you got the information about repeats in Autumn. Are you thinking of college?

There is no later sits in the year for the Leaving Cert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

There are no repeats in the leaving cert and the exams last year were in November, not August.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭paddyirish23

Ok my bad, just assumed they'd do resits for ppl not able to make it for whatever reason.
    While thing needs to be scraped too much riding on the one exam anyway.
    To those giving off abt them being selfish for going out and enjoying themselves after not been allowed to for nearly a year, go get a life. And no I don't condone the stupid ones that can't manage their drink and make the majority look bad.
    Go enjoy the Bank Holiday ppl and stop worrying abt ppl who want to actually live their lives now.
    Alot of ppl will struggle to realise covid is here to stay now just get on with it!

Ok my bad, just assumed they'd do resits for ppl not able to make it for whatever reason.
    While thing needs to be scraped too much riding on the one exam anyway.
    To those giving off abt them being selfish for going out and enjoying themselves after not been allowed to for nearly a year, go get a life. And no I don't condone the stupid ones that can't manage their drink and make the majority look bad.
    Go enjoy the Bank Holiday ppl and stop worrying abt ppl who want to actually live their lives now.
    Alot of ppl will struggle to realise covid is here to stay now just get on with it!

You can enjoy yourself without getting completely rat arsed, everyone should take personal responsibility, all enjoy your weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    There is no later sits in the year for the Leaving Cert

There was in 2019 on compassion grounds for example a serious illness or a bereavement in the family.
    It was supposed to be brought in for subsequent years but then Covid-19 happened.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Repeats do the sane paper at the sane time as everyone else. There is one paper sat once.

Advertisement