Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

Anyone get summoned for a vaccination in the past few days? What's your year of birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wrinkly runner

Anyone get summoned for a vaccination in the past few days? What's your year of birth?
    Wife registered last Wednesday, booked in for this Friday.43 Pfizer.
    Seems like things are motoring along.My mate 46/47 was waiting for over 2 weeks from registration for his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Wife registered last Wednesday, booked in for this Friday.43 Pfizer.
    Seems like things are motoring along.My mate 46/47 was waiting for over 2 weeks from registration for his.

Probably depended on how many 48+ were ahead of him rather than any kind of speed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

adaminho wrote: »

There was a walk-in testing center in Charleville (not limerick, but just over the border) last week and it reminded me of the below limerick leader article

I don't think it's a coincidence that we have walk-in centers and this was the news in the same towns 2 weeks ago

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/547388/footage-of-limerick-funeral-beggars-belief-limerick-td.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 gfaces

Got summoned just now for vaccine.Pfizer on friday 11 June.

I live in Limerick City and they have scheduled me for WIT Arena in Waterford
    almost 130km away as the crow flies .... Rang up to cancel as I cant make that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Did we or did we not administer any vaccines over the past 2 days? Apparently the Radisson has been moved today to the racecourse but somebody said they just stopped doing vaccinations for the 2 days it was out of use during the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Berty wrote: »
    Did we or did we not administer any vaccines over the past 2 days? Apparently the Radisson has been moved today to the racecourse but somebody said they just stopped doing vaccinations for the 2 days it was out of use during the move.

I drove past on Sunday evening and there was barely any cars parked in the car park, a complete change from the last few weeks. I did assume that's what had happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

Radisson is closed https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/news/639506/first-covid-19-vaccinations-to-take-place-at-limerick-racecourse.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The final vaccination was administered in the Radisson on Saturday evening. The new vaccination center opened in the race course this morning. There were no vaccinations administered over the two days as everything had to be transported out to the race course. This was all announced by the HSE last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

That's actually unbelievable. Could they not have had that sorted before the change over??! Bloody Hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

That's actually unbelievable. Could they not have had that sorted before the change over??! Bloody Hell

How can you transport everything and continue with vaccinations at the same time. Why didnt they start at the racecourse if they knew the radisson wanted its hotel back once restrictions were lifting? Was the race course not available a few months back?

Car99 wrote: »
    How can you transport everything and continue with vaccinations at the same time. Why didnt they start at the racecourse if they knew the radisson wanted its hotel back once restrictions were lifting? Was the race course not available a few months back?

The answer to your question is a word that begins with the letter 'M' and rhymes with money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The answer to your question is a word that begins with the letter 'M' and rhymes with money

More like begins with B and ends with C

Banana Republic..........

P**S UP IN A BREWERY springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

The final vaccination was administered in the Radisson on Saturday evening. The new vaccination center opened in the race course this morning. There were no vaccinations administered over the two days as everything had to be transported out to the race course. This was all announced by the HSE last week.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/632599/hse-to-open-new-vaccination-centre-in-limerick.html

When first reported in May, it was said that both centres would operate in tandum so as not to delay the vaccination program. Its ridiculous that with the amount of money being thrown at the Covid-19 crisis, that they couldn't actually get this running without a break. A two day pause in the vaccination program the very same weekend that there's a crisis meeting of government and HSE in Limerick over the recent increase in cases here. Bloody ridiculous.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/632599/hse-to-open-new-vaccination-centre-in-limerick.html

When first reported in May, it was said that both centres would operate in tandum so as not to delay the vaccination program. Its ridiculous that with the amount of money being thrown at the Covid-19 crisis, that they couldn't actually get this running without a break. A two day pause in the vaccination program the very same weekend that there's a crisis meeting of government and HSE in Limerick over the recent increase in cases here. Bloody ridiculous.
    And when details of the move were announced last week by the HSE it was different. I'm not sure what the major issue is. The new center is much bigger than the Radisson, 46 booths instead of 32. Any backlog will be very quickly gotten through.

Bit of an over reaction from a few posters to this. A 2 day delay, which will can very quickly overcome, isn't going to make much of a difference to the vaccination program. But hey, I'm sure you all have more expertise than the HSE when it comes to running vaccination programs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

And when details of the move were announced last week by the HSE it was different. I'm not sure what the major issue is. The new center is much bigger than the Radisson, 46 booths instead of 32. Any backlog will be very quickly gotten through.

Bit of an over reaction from a few posters to this. A 2 day delay, which will can very quickly overcome, isn't going to make much of a difference to the vaccination program. But hey, I'm sure you all have more expertise than the HSE when it comes to running vaccination programs :rolleyes:

No over reaction, whatsoever. This is yet another example of poor resource management by the HSE. But hey, it's only (more wasted) taxpayers money. Why they didn't hire an experienced events management company to coordinate the move is beyond me.

It is clear for a long time that the HSE have poor expertise in project planning and execution. You have only to look at the fiasco at the new A&E Department. Even when built it took them months to have the dedicated ambulance entrance open.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Many people will be due their 2nd vaccinations over the course of next week after receiving their first jabs at the Raddison. Might explain the likes of Gface being offered Waterford as an alternative…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

greenkiwi1 wrote: »
    Many people will be due their 2nd vaccinations over the course of next week after receiving their first jabs at the Raddison. Might explain the likes of Gface being offered Waterford as an alternative…..

When I was getting my second Moderna this day last week, I was speaking to a woman from Thurles who had been sent to the Radisson for her (Moderna) vaccine. Her husband had been sent to Clonmel.

I found it all a little bit odd!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Gooser14

No over reaction, whatsoever. This is yet another example of poor resource management by the HSE. But hey, it's only (more wasted) taxpayers money. Why they didn't hire an experienced events management company to coordinate the move is beyond me.

Of course they might have fully administered their allocation of vaccine before the shut up shop for the two days. You are assuming it was mismanaged.

• Advertisement

I guess the question is why didn't they set up and use the 14 booths in the racecourse and use it at the same time as the Radisson for a few days (or even just during the 2 days that the Rad was closed

It's true what you say though with 43% more they will have caught up on the 2 lost days within the first wek of opening

I guess the question is why didn't they set up and use the 14 booths in the racecourse and use it at the same time as the Radisson for a few days (or even just during the 2 days that the Rad was closed

It's true what you say though with 43% more they will have caught up on the 2 lost days within the first wek of opening
    Which is exactly why they didn't need to keep the Radisson open for the two days. Nobody is going to lose out as any 'backlog' will very quickly be worked through.

It is clear for a long time that the HSE have poor expertise in project planning and execution. You have only to look at the fiasco at the new A&E Department. Even when built it took them months to have the dedicated ambulance entrance open.

Surely a poorer example of resource management and a waste of money would be having to procure enough equipment to run 2 centres in parallel for a few days?

Have you thought about this logically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Probably due to the fact that half Limerick dissapeared for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You say it's wasted tax payers money but then you want to hire an events management company! What you going to do, get Nicky Woulfe to play a few records out there!ðŸ˜

You say it's wasted tax payers money but then you want to hire an events management company! What you going to do, get Nicky Woulfe to play a few records out there!ðŸ˜

I'm going to do nothing. The HSE is managing vaccinations and was unable to keep the service operational, potentially putting lives at risk.

potentially putting lives at risk.

I'd like to hear the logic behind that.

Surely a poorer example of resource management and a waste of money would be having to procure enough equipment to run 2 centres in parallel for a few days?

Are you seriously suggesting that additional equipment would have to be procured, rather than relocating existing HSE resources?

I'd like to hear the logic behind that.

Doesn't take a degree in philosophy. People don't get vaccinated, get COVID, and die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

Doesn't take a degree in philosophy. People don't get vaccinated, get COVID, and die.

Most of the at-risk groups who want the vaccine have taken it weeks ago by this point.

There were no vaccines administered for just 2 days in one particular part of the country. With the additional capacity now in place at the new location, there can now be a higher throughput rate through the centres & thus the 2 days worth of downtime will be made up for pretty quickly.

People will die as a result of no vaccines having been administered for 2 full days? I very much doubt that...

Advertisement