Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

AlfaZen wrote: »
    Yes I do realise that. But, do you think there are zero vaccines in storage in the Racecourse tomorrow? I'm just of the opinion that any delay even if its a day is not good with the situation we are in.

I'll engage once more.

We know the Racecourse want their facility for certain days for their own use.

We know the HSE was happy to use Racecourse as it had a bigger capacity.

What would you have done - stuck with a facility where you can give out vaccines every day but end up with fewer people vaccinated or move to a facility where you can get more done while the facility is available to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I am not saying there are not been used. I am just saying there are days when vaccines could be administered when they are not been administered. This means you have X amount of people unvaccinated that could have been vaccinated.
    Okay it may only be for a day, and you may see it as no big deal but it is a risk no matter how small.

Vaccinated with what ??

Not sure how to explain it better,

all available doses are being administered. Every dose that is available is going into arms. Opening the racecourse for longer will not create more vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Lads - you'll drive yourself mad trying to reason with some people

Do yourselves a favour - disengage from it for a few days and talk solace in the fact there are thousands of people being vacinatted every day in the region. You'll feel far better for it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Lads - you'll drive yourself mad trying to reason with some people

Do yourselves a favour - disengage from it for a few days and talk solace in the fact there are thousands of people being vacinatted every day in the region. You'll feel far better for it

But it's a discussion forum and if everyone was of the same opinion there wouldn't be a discussion, just people agreeing with each other. AlfaZen has an opinion, a few of us don't share that opinion and we're discussion it like adults with both sides using references and admitting when they aren't right. This, in my opinion, is what boards is all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

41 bingo appointment for Monday at the racecourse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Still feck all for me or my wife both 41!

Tuesday at the racecourse for me. The blue pill. 1979. Haven't got a text yet, but it's in the portal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Looks like vaccine rollout is being slowed down across the country in order to deliver second doses so it's not just a Limerick thing. According to yesterdays HSE briefing it will take around 4 weeks to deliver vaccines to the 35-39 age group as BioNTech and Moderna supplies dry up and the other 2 stop being used altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Just got my appointment (41)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

2 guys at work, both 40 have appointments for the racecourse on Tuesday..

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Are all GP practices administering vaccine or just some of them?

I thought it was just the over 70s they were covering

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Was due my 2nd jab of Pfizer tomorrow, Saturday.
    Text received this morning with an evening appointment at the racecourse for this Tuesday so happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

rok wrote: »

My daughter (20s) was at her GP this week - her previously very well controlled asthma is acting up pretty badly at the moment. She has been put on a list for the next batch of vaccines they are getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

1st Pfizer jab done in the racecourse yesterday afternoon. Really efficient set up there. In and out in 15mins. I didn't stay too long in the waiting area, 5mins or so.
    Sore arm alright today but other than that I'm brand new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Clareman wrote: »
    But it's a discussion forum and if everyone was of the same opinion there wouldn't be a discussion, just people agreeing with each other. AlfaZen has an opinion, a few of us don't share that opinion and we're discussion it like adults with both sides using references and admitting when they aren't right. This, in my opinion, is what boards is all about.

I disagreee with you.
    Now what have you to say about that!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

rok wrote: »

Not sure if it's all of them, mine are but do it out of Kings Island health centre.

I'm getting my first jab from my doctor on Tuesday, and know a couple more who are also getting theirs from their doctors next week. I'd be oldest at 31.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Why does the Shuttlebus start and end at the regional?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

adaminho wrote: »

Cos starting it in town/at the station would make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,714 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Well Collins was taking the credit for the bus so he is to blame :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I 'think' (so don't quote me) that I read that it goes from the regional because there's a bus that drops off at the regional so its easy to connect to the shuttle bus

I 'think' (so don't quote me) that I read that it goes from the regional because there's a bus that drops off at the regional so its easy to connect to the shuttle bus

Yes, which means they can charge you for 4 trips instead of 2! My appointment is for 10.30 Sunday morning which means I have to get the 9.10 bus to the Hospital, then Shuttle bus to the racecourse and back to the Regional and back to town!

Yes, which means they can charge you for 4 trips instead of 2! My appointment is for 10.30 Sunday morning which means I have to get the 9.10 bus to the Hospital, then Shuttle bus to the racecourse and back to the Regional and back to town!

6 buses if you live on any route except 301 or 304

breezy1985 wrote: »
    6 buses if you live on any route except 301 or 304

I'm lucky I'm on the 304! How hard is it to start at the station!

I'm lucky I'm on the 304! How hard is it to start at the station!

They were starting there for the Radisson bus so I cant see why they changed

They were starting there for the Radisson bus so I cant see why they changed

Probably cause they're tight C**t's! Why charge for one in and out when you can charge for 4/6!

Probably cause they're tight C**t's! Why charge for one in and out when you can charge for 4/6!

But they could have started the old bus at the end of the 302.

Also if you are getting more than 3 buses you are better off getting the day pass. You would be crazy to pay for 6 buses

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

But they could have started the old bus at the end of the 302.

Also if you are getting more than 3 buses you are better off getting the day pass. You would be crazy to pay for 6 buses

I had my vaccine at the Racecourse late Thursday evening. Luckily I have a car so just a 35min drive to get there. If I had to get a bus for the appointment it would be 3 separate busses each way and about 5 hours from when I left my house to when I got back.

I had my vaccine at the Racecourse late Thursday evening. Luckily I have a car so just a 35min drive to get there. If I had to get a bus for the appointment it would be 3 separate busses each way and about 5 hours from when I left my house to when I got back.

No day pass either if you live in the country. Would be talking €20/25 euro round trip on average I assume.

I'm not advocating for every village in the county to have free shuttle buses or anything like that just pointing out the logistics for some

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

According to Dr Colm Henry of the HSE this morning, it'll be another 2 weeks before all over 40s nationally get their 1st vaccine dose. So if people aged 41 in Limerick are being called then we're well on track and definitely not falling behind any other area in the country.

For our younger posters, he also said people in their 30s will get their first vaccine in July or early August with those in their 20s getting their first jabs from late August into September.

https://www.thejournal.ie/20s-covid-vaccination-5471675-Jun2021/

Advertisement