Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

According to Dr Colm Henry of the HSE this morning, it'll be another 2 weeks before all over 40s nationally get their 1st vaccine dose. So if people aged 41 in Limerick are being called then we're well on track and definitely not falling behind any other area in the country.

For our younger posters, he also said people in their 30s will get their first vaccine in July or early August with those in their 20s getting their first jabs from late August into September.

https://www.thejournal.ie/20s-covid-vaccination-5471675-Jun2021/
    Still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

adaminho wrote: »
    Yes, which means they can charge you for 4 trips instead of 2! My appointment is for 10.30 Sunday morning which means I have to get the 9.10 bus to the Hospital, then Shuttle bus to the racecourse and back to the Regional and back to town!

I'm around in the morning if you're stuck for a lift man. No bother at all. Pm me if needed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Still waiting!
    And as Colm Henry stated you could possobly be waiting for another week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

I'm around in the morning if you're stuck for a lift man. No bother at all. Pm me if needed.

Only seeing this now as I was at work till 2am. Thanks very much, I made it out on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭mun1

Got appointment for my second dose moderna for Wednesday 23rd June, 34 days after 1st dose. Age 51
    Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

At the racecourse atm with a relative . Some amount of people passing through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Other half (67) got appointment for 2nd jab of AZ at racecourse on 24 June. First Jab was on 27 April so 58 days between jabs. Confirms that they are making progress at reducing the interval between jabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Other half (67) got appointment for 2nd jab of AZ at racecourse on 24 June. First Jab was on 27 April so 58 days between jabs. Confirms that they are making progress at reducing the interval between jabs.

Thank you. Hubby got his first AZ on the 5th May. Hopefully he will get his second one before the end of the month or shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

orm0nd wrote: »
    At the racecourse atm with a relative . Some amount of people passing through.

Was there around 6pm. A lot of cars in and out. No delays. Fair dues to the people working there, volunteers or otherwise. A very smooth process. Credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

was due second pfizer yesterday, rang the hse phoneline about it yesterday, and second appointment texted out about an hour later for next wednesday,
    if your a bit over your second dose well worth giving them a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As a 40 year old but a December baby unless they're going by month as well as year I've been booked into Ennis for the 26th. I live in Parteen so figured it was about 50/50 between centres. Missus went to Radisson(technically co Clare) and then the racecourse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

Gooser14 wrote: »

I got my 1st AZ on 11th May so could get my 2nd on or about 8th July, I'd be happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I got my 1st AZ on 11th May so could get my 2nd on or about 8th July, I'd be happy enough with that.

getting my second this Friday, got first 29th april

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Not sure if it's all of them, mine are but do it out of Kings Island health centre.

I'm getting my first jab from my doctor on Tuesday, and know a couple more who are also getting theirs from their doctors next week. I'd be oldest at 31.

*Never mind, found my answer. Google is an amazing thing haha!*

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭mun1

Had my second moderna dose yesterday in racecourse.
    Very busy setup and longer lines than what i seen in raddison, and thats due to bigger numbers getting vaccinated
    In and out took 50 mins, which was very good considering the large volume of people moving around.

Feeling a bit off today with a few aches and pains but nothing major.
    Great to have it done with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Had my first Moderna jab just under 1 month ago, got the text today for my second jab scheduled for next Monday afternoon - I'm 47. It's a bit mad that I'll be fully vaccinated before my mother who is 69 and still waiting for her second AZ jab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

mun1 wrote: »
    Had my second moderna dose yesterday in racecourse.
    Very busy setup and longer lines than what i seen in raddison, and thats due to bigger numbers getting vaccinated
    In and out took 50 mins, which was very good considering the large volume of people moving around.

Feeling a bit off today with a few aches and pains but nothing major.
    Great to have it done with.

The set up out there is really amazing! I've complained on here a lot about stupid decisions they've made but you honestly can't fault the set up out there. I had an appointment for 10.30 Sunday morning and got the bus out. Was there for 9.50 and the car park was mobbed. Around 10 one of the volunteers asked was I waiting on someone or the bus back? When I told her I wasn't due until 10.30 she said to go in anyway, had my Jab and waited the 15mins and was on the Bus back to town at 10.35!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Other half (67) just had her second AZ jab (58 days since first jab) at the racecourse. Excellent service out there. Due to the other half having a bad hip at the moment we were directed to a car park beside the entrance to the vaccination centre & a wheelchair was also provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

A 39 year old relative of mine got his appointment date, Tuesday the 29th, about 3 weeks to his 40th

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

in this morning for 2nd Pfizer, in and out in 20 mins. very efficient, did see longer queues for other vaccines, but none for Pfizer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Registered on Sunday evening. How long does it take to get an appointment or does it depend on supply etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Mc Love wrote: »
    Registered on Sunday evening. How long does it take to get an appointment or does it depend on supply etc?

I registered on Monday, have an appointment for next Tuesday

3 weeks in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/every-day-counts-paul-reid-says-delta-variant-will-likely-accelerate-significantly-in-ireland-40579434.html
    The Delta variant will accelerate “significantly” in Ireland, while “every day counts” when it comes to vaccination, chief executive of the HSE Paul Reid has said

Every day counts except the Limerick Vaccine centre will be closed on July 4th 10th and 22nd of July in the coming weeks.

With the rise in the Delta variant, particular in the under 45s I think the centre in Limerick needs to stay open and get people vaccinated as quickly as possible.

10 days from registering to getting the appointment text and 16 days form registering to getting the jab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

AlfaZen wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/every-day-counts-paul-reid-says-delta-variant-will-likely-accelerate-significantly-in-ireland-40579434.html

Every day counts except the Limerick Vaccine centre will be closed on July 4th 10th and 22nd of July in the coming weeks.

With the rise in the Delta variant, particular in the under 45s I think the centre in Limerick needs to stay open and get people vaccinated as quickly as possible.

You keep beating the same drum but it's not going to happen at this stage as the owners want their facility on those dates.

FWIW, in checking in with family/friends and comparing age profiles we (Limerick) are ahead of Tipperary and Donegal so I think it's a bit unreasonable to be saying that Limerick is losing ground because of the racecourse not being available on certain dates.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

phog wrote: »
    You keep beating the same drum but it's not going to happen at this stage as the owners want their facility on those dates.

FWIW, in checking in with family/friends and comparing age profiles we (Limerick) are ahead of Tipperary and Donegal so I think it's a bit unreasonable to be saying that Limerick is losing ground because of the racecourse not being available on certain dates.
    The whole issue of limited supplies of vaccine seems to constantly go straight over their head. That and the fact that Limerick isn't behind anywhere else in the country.

phog wrote: »

I never said that Limerick are losing ground all I'm saying is if there are vaccines available in the Limerick centre they should be administered as soon as possible.

I guarantee you that if you go out to the Racecourse on Sunday the 4th of July there will be boxes and boxes of vaccine ready to be administered.

The whole issue of limited supplies of vaccine seems to constantly go straight over their head. That and the fact that Limerick isn't behind anywhere else in the country.

I fully understand supply constraints and the fact that Limerick is on a par with other regions is a mute point. If there are vaccines at the facility ready to be administered on days when it is closed then questions should be asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,714 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

AlfaZen wrote: »
    I fully understand supply constraints and the fact that Limerick is on a par with other regions is a mute point. If there are vaccines at the facility ready to be administered on days when it is closed then questions should be asked.

But instead of opening on Sunday they could just stay open for an extra hour every other day to make it up if there are apparently "boxes and boxes of vaccine" ready to go. You keep fixating on 1 day closed but the facility is closed about 15 hours every day and you don't mind that

Advertisement