Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

No, most of them wont be sent to South Dublin. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on here. The HSE, not the government decide where the vaccines go.

Also your Janssen figures are totally wrong.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/pharmacies-vaccinate-18-34-monday-5483412-Jul2021/

So there are actually currently 123,000 Janssen doses available to pharmacies.

Everything is political

On the figures, fair enough, RTE were reporting the 40k figure earlier but have since removed that reference. 123,000 is a good number but there will probably still be more demand than supply

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Family member of mine is also 62, getting her second AZ on Monday at the racecourse, only received the confirmation test late last night

I know the racecourse is closed on Sunday so I would make the assumption that they are doing first doses (probably 37 year olds) on Saturday... Looks like every second day is a first dose so I'm guessing one age group will get done every 4 days

Thursday - 37y 1st doses
    Friday 62y 2nd doses
    Saturday - 37y 1st doses
    Sunday - Closed
    Monday - 62y 2nd doses
    Tuesday - 36y 1st doses
    Wednesday - 61y 2nd doses
    Thursday - 36y 1st doses
    9th Friday - 61y 2nd doses
    1th Saturday - 35y 1sy doses
    11th Sunday - 60y 2nd doses
    12th Monday - 35y 1st doses
    13th Tuesday - 60y 2nd doss

Of course this is all speculation so pinch of salt needed but it looks like we are on track for 35 year olds to get first jab on Wednesday 14th, which would tie in with 30-34 year olds registering by the end of next week

You also need to factor in that the Vaccination Centre will be closed on the 10th July. Plus we are starting to run into the timeframe (at 8 weeks and reducing to 4 weeks) for the 50-59 year olds to get the second dose of AZ as well as the 4 week window for 40-49 year olds to get their second dose of Maderna or Pfizer. It’s going to be quite a bottle neck. Further closure then scheduled for 22nd. Capacity is going to be the challenge rather than the supply.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

AlfaZen wrote: »
    You also need to factor in that the Vaccination Centre will be closed on the 10th July. Plus we are starting to run into the timeframe (at 8 weeks and reducing to 4 weeks) for the 50-59 year olds to get the second dose of AZ as well as the 4 week window for 40-49 year olds to get their second dose of Maderna or Pfizer. It’s going to be quite a bottle neck. Further closure then scheduled for 22nd. Capacity is going to be the challenge rather than the supply.
    Capacity is not going to be a challenge. Most people in their 50s in Limerick (and possible nationwide) got Moderna or Pfizer and have already gotten their second dose. All over 60s who got AZ will have gotten their second dose within the next two weeks. The 4 week AZ dosage will only be for under 35 year olds so won't affect the current roll out.

And finally, I'm 45 and I'm getting my second Pfizer dose on Monday. So most over 45s have already gotten their second dose.

The closures are making no difference to the rollout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

AlfaZen wrote: »

AlfaZen banned.

I'll admit I enjoyed debating the topic of closing the racecourse but that topic had ran it's course and this is a clear attempt at bringing it back up again after a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

We were out in the racecourse yesterday evening and it was manic. Hubby was getting his second AZ. There were queues to get in and the car park was very busy. He reckons there were 26 vaccination booths operating.

He's feeling a lot better than he did after his first AZ. Thankfully. Although the arm is still a bit sore.

Roll on the 31st July when all four of us in the house, including two in their 20s, will be fully vaccinated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Kids town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Some kids play centre in the Burlington out the Corbally road I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Was it kids town?

Was it kids town?

Yeah I've edited it.

• Advertisement

adaminho wrote: »
    Kids town.

No major surprise

The last time I was in there (before covid) there was a lad no older than 10 behind the counter taking and giving out shoes.

Looks like they are still badly run

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Was it kids town?

Karen's making sure more people are unemployed.

SNNUS wrote: »
    Karen's making sure more people are unemployed.

Selfish business owner breaks law for profit! There, fixed it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

You've really got to love the line "with a number of people expressing their disappointment that the business closed."

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Selfish business owner breaks law for profit! There, fixed it for you.

Oh yeah close them down, those kids were only a metre apart! The death rate will surge!

With the portal opening probably for 34 year olds tomorrow can anybody confirm if 35 or 36 year olds are getting jabbed to the Limerick centre at the moment or what's the lowest age?

Oh yeah close them down, those kids were only a metre apart! The death rate will surge!

Not sure the death rate would surge, maybe you were trying to be funny? In which case it must have been so funny that I forgot to laugh

Plenty of businesses are going beyond the call of duty to ensure their premises are covid safe, this business shouldn't be allowed to cut corners like they seem to have been doing

They're not allowed open until the 19th at the earliest, nothing to do with social distancing.

With the portal opening probably for 34 year olds tomorrow can anybody confirm if 35 or 36 year olds are getting jabbed to the Limerick centre at the moment or what's the lowest age?
    I've no idea what ages are currently getting their first jabs, but it will take at least a week before the 34 year olds start to get appointments, so there's still that time for 35 and 36 year olds to be done.

The reason that the 30 to 34 age group is being moved forward (although only by 2 days) is the extra supply of 1m mRNA vaccines coming from Romania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

There is no lowest age the portal opens for some groups while still doing a range of others. Im pretty sure if a 60yo only decides to register now he can still go in

• Advertisement

They're not allowed open until the 19th at the earliest, nothing to do with social distancing.

I'm 90% sure that they were allowed to open when they did, arena 5 in ballysimon and Funworld on the ennis road both appeared to be open last week for example. Now I haven't gone in to either location but that's how it looked from the outside... Also I think it has more to do with the extra hygene/cleaning standards required

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I see the premises that was closed was named here.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40330127.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

MarkR wrote: »
    I see the premises that was closed was named here.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40330127.html

Isn't that in Clare?

Clareman wrote: »
    Isn't that in Clare?

Yes, although they use corbally (limerick) as their address they are actually more like ardnacrusha (clare) although they use the 061 (limerick) area code although google earth very clearly show them as North of the river (clare)

I'm 90% sure that they were allowed to open when they did, arena 5 in ballysimon and Funworld on the ennis road both appeared to be open last week for example. Now I haven't gone in to either location but that's how it looked from the outside... Also I think it has more to do with the extra hygene/cleaning standards required
    UNFORTUNATELY, FUNWORLD WILL REMAIN CLOSED.
    Reopening will be reviewed after July 19th. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram for any updates @funworldbowlingcentre
    [URL="http://"Funworld - Limerick's Number One Entertainment Venue" https://funworld.ie"]http://"Funworld - Limerick's Number One Entertainment Venue" https://funworld.ie[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes, although they use corbally (limerick) as their address they are actually more like ardnacrusha (clare) although they use the 061 (limerick) area code although google earth very clearly show them as North of the river (clare)

It's not as clear cut as that. Newport, North Tipperary, is also 061 and also eircode V94, as is Parteen/Clonlara/Adrnacrusha which is Co Clare as well. Yes, using Limerick, in the same way the Radisson do, is just helpful to them moreso than anything.

There are still many people in Shannon banks who use Corbally Limerick as their address as well as they always had long before the likes of Westbury was ever established even though they've always been in Co Clare which is Knockballynameath.

The place in question is Gillogue rather than Ardnacrusha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,713 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Clareman wrote: »
    Isn't that in Clare?

Most of South Clare is actually Limerick don't pretend you don't know that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Gooser14

breezy1985 wrote:
    Most of South Clare is actually Limerick don't pretend you don't know that

Geographical location & postal address are two different things. Hence the reason why the Eircode Finder shows both the geographical & postal address. For example, Newport Co. Tipperary has Limerick as its postal address.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Geographical location & postal address are two different things. Hence the reason why the Eircode Finder shows both the geographical & postal address. For example, Newport Co. Tipperary has Limerick as its postal address.
    I think you missed the joke #Whoosh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Most of Limerick is actually South Co Clare don't pretend you don't know that :)

FYP

Advertisement