Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Actually, I may need to withdraw my skepticism. Looking at Limerick County Council's website, for purchase orders over 20000, they have several mobile homes listed as purchases.

https://www.limerick.ie/sites/default/files/media/documents/2020-10/purchase-orders-over-eu20000-quarter-2-2020.pdf

Not quite up to date, and not definitely as a result of Covid, but certainly a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is there anyone here living in or around Adare?

From what I've heard the virus seems to be pretty much out of control there.

When the numbers are bundled up in the electoral area, I think everyone presumes Rathkeale is the main driver but it seems that there's a serious outbreak in Adare also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,714 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

phog wrote: »
    Is this going to be like the rumours where the asylum seekers were getting money to buy cars or leaving buggies behind at bus stops because they'd get a new one later

People never understood the real benefits of this for Irish people.

Free brand new buggies at every bus stop and taxi rank no need for Irish mother's to go to the shops

Guys, I think we can all agree that no one is actively trying to get Covid, even with the chance of a holiday in a new caravan. Can we get off the whataboutism please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Interesting the things people post without any real proof regarding caravans and buggies isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Interesting the things people post without any real proof regarding caravans and buggies isn't it?
    Based on the report provided can you explain why the Council bought 5 mobile homes for €20k+?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I think it is one of the accepted approaches which has been already been reported on to help tackle Covid / provide isolation on halting sites etc
    some local authorities working ...with Traveller organisations to help isolate those who may have symptoms.

Efforts are being made to find prompt and practical solutions on existing sites.

Where they are not possible, it has been suggested that local authorities work with the families involved, to move residents to alternative accommodation on a temporary basis.

Extra caravans are being brought on to some sites to help isolation,

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1129217/

thegills wrote: »
    Based on the report provided can you explain why the Council bought 5 mobile homes for €20k+?

They don't need to. It's irrelevant to the conversation about Covid in Limerick. If the council are buying them for self isolation purposes, that's a public health issue. If they are buying it for some other purpose, it's akin to social housing. So not related to covid in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is there anyone here living in or around Adare?

From what I've heard the virus seems to be pretty much out of control there.

When the numbers are bundled up in the electoral area, I think everyone presumes Rathkeale is the main driver but it seems that there's a serious outbreak in Adare also.

Think you'll find the cases kicked off in the special town 3-4 weeks ago when those for whom their is no law returned from various countries.
    Law abiding staff in this towns businesses picked it up from customers who had returned from different countries . these law abiding staff many from neighboring towns and villages ended up giving it to their families and friends inadvertently who spread it in neighboring towns like adare and newcastle west .

LuasSimon will be enjoying a two week ban. In case anyone is unclear, it is for yet more traveller bashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Very sad. It is a little odd though, isn't it?
    Subsequently, the care facility confirmed, the majority of staff have now tested positive for the virus.

Was there a lapse in their protocols? I would have thought that at this stage, everyone at least in a clinical environment would be behaving as if they had it, or the person they were interacting had it. How do all the staff get it in a wave like this?

Hopefully we don't see too many stories like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's not down to any minority some people just don't give a **** , A relation of mine (who i've not been near thankfully) tested postive the other day and is carrying on life as normal , going to funerals , going into shops etc , boils my blood as a sufferer of CF

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

MarkR wrote: »
    Very sad. It is a little odd though, isn't it?

Was there a lapse in their protocols? I would have thought that at this stage, everyone at least in a clinical environment would be behaving as if they had it, or the person they were interacting had it. How do all the staff get it in a wave like this?

Hopefully we don't see too many stories like this.

Could have been a "tea room" lapse or anything. So hard to stay switched on all the time. Very tragic events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Kenmare sure we all know thats full of a certain type of people who love a certain culture :D

Healy Raes :P

adaminho wrote: »

God love them and their poor families

RIP

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40200870.html

I feel it is worse now in this 3rd wave than in March and April last year the 1st wave

52 in UHL with Covid19 at present

The regional is one of the worst affected hospitals yet the vaccines were sent to Dublin, Cork and Galway first, Limerick has one of the highest incidence rates yet the earliest any of our nursing homes will get the vaccine is the 15th of this month while others have been getting it from today

I can't help but feel our county is getting shafted, anybody else?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's not down to any minority some people just don't give a **** , A relation of mine (who i've not been near thankfully) tested postive the other day and is carrying on life as normal , going to funerals , going into shops etc , boils my blood as a sufferer of CF

That's borderline criminal.

I'll bet nothing will happen to them - just like it did with those who came home from their holidays last summer without isolating, just like those who huddle together protesting vaccines and facemasks and just like those who have been running house parties for the last 10 months

I'll bet nothing will happen to them - just like it did with those who came home from their holidays last summer without isolating, just like those who huddle together protesting vaccines and facemasks and just like those who have been running house parties for the last 10 months

They would need to be in the jurisdiction, but we can hope. If nothing else, it will be a deterrent.

They would need to be in the jurisdiction, but we can hope. If nothing else, it will be a deterrent.

I think the people who flout the rules won't be bothered by this

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The regional is one of the worst affected hospitals yet the vaccines were sent to Dublin, Cork and Galway first, Limerick has one of the highest incidence rates yet the earliest any of our nursing homes will get the vaccine is the 15th of this month while others have been getting it from today

Are you sure about that? I was speaking to someone who works in UHL and they were saying that all staff will be given their first vaccines this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

in fairness, Limerick nursing staff are getting vaccinated from 04 Jan. I agree the Regional Hospital and the mid west is so often overlooked for basic services, but I thought this was a quick enough roll out seeing at vaccine quantities are only starting to arrive.

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/nurse-becomes-first-to-recieve-covid-vaccine-at-university-hopsital-limerick/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Fade Into You

The whole thing is a mess. The whole thing has been a mess for a long time.

in fairness, Limerick nursing staff are getting vaccinated from 04 Jan. I agree the Regional Hospital and the mid west is so often overlooked for basic services, but I thought this was a quick enough roll out seeing at vaccine quantities are only starting to arrive.

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/nurse-becomes-first-to-recieve-covid-vaccine-at-university-hopsital-limerick/
    Clareman wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I was speaking to someone who works in UHL and they were saying that all staff will be given their first vaccines this week.

Last week for Dublin, cork and Galway hospitals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

4 or 5 days isn't going to make any difference in the grand scheme of things when there is currently a limited number of vaccines available. We only got 10,000 doses last week and we only got our first large delivery of 40,000 doses yesterday.

Until other manufacturers get the green light, there won't be any major ramp up in vaccinations due to limited supply issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Last week for Dublin, cork and Galway hospitals

a few days either way won't make huge differences. someone somewhere has to be first, last and somewhere in the middle

Advertisement