Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterpark Carrigaline

Options
  • 22-12-2020 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi there, just wondering if anybody familiar with Carrigaline could advise on the Waterpark estate. It seems prices vary wildly within the estate and I am wondering if the cheaper parts of the estate (Arbour Heights, Kingswood) are safe and settled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm by Kingswood, it's grand here honestly. Mostly a very quiet street, and only one neighbour was (briefly) of some concern, but that appears to be all sorted out now.

The houses are quite old, so expect a lower BER rating in there, so you'll most likely need to replace windows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 niairin

Thanks! Dont suppose you've any idea when the houses were built?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Waterpark is quiet enough.

I think it was built in the late Seventies, early Eighties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm by Kingswood, it's grand here honestly. Mostly a very quiet street, and only one neighbour was (briefly) of some concern, but that appears to be all sorted out now.

The houses are quite old, so expect a lower BER rating in there, so you'll most likely need to replace windows etc.

Like a lot of Carrigaline gangs do hang about especially in the summer and evenings but move on to the park mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

niairin wrote: »
    Thanks! Dont suppose you've any idea when the houses were built?

kingswood was in the early ninties iirc, the rest of cedarwood was early 80s

the whole place is.. grand, I grew up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

My Dad used to live in Kingswood. In his final years (he died in late 2019) he developed dementia and I have to say his neighbours (bar a few kids who used to keep opening his side gate and letting his dog out "for a laugh"- a good padlock halted their gallop) were very good to him.

Advertisement