Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on starting a stock and Cryptocurrency LTD

Options
  • 22-12-2020 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was hoping to find some knowledgeable folk who can clear a few questions I have.
    I want to start a Stock and Cryptocurrency trading LTD with my partner.

1. Am I correct that a stock and crypto LTD would fall under the 12.5% tax category (active trading) for Corporate Tax?

2. 12.5% tax would be on all the gains that I would have in stock and crypto assets sold during the year?

I will see an accountant but would like to be a bit more educated before stepping in the door. Thank you so much for any help and tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Honestly, I'd talk to an accountant and Revenue themselves. Crypto is an evolving area and the average accountant is likely not in a great position to advise. We had a similar grey area question a few years back, regarding our VAT rate and the leisure industry, and Revenue was most helpful when we approached them about it.

Either way, it costs nothing to ask Revenue but they'll cost an arm if you get it wrong.

Advertisement