Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kids Mercedes Benz Go Kart (now €20)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

got a call from merchants quay cork this morning, due to collect one kitchen and one cart this afternoon. Cancelling the order.

If anyone in Cork has either and doesn't want it, i'd love to buy it from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Chanced my arm with Supervalu online E-Mail
    Asked why my Confirmed and paid order yesterday is now out of stock
    See response below

Thank you for your email sent.

Orders are not picked until the morning of the delivery.

Items would not be reserved for customers the day the order is made as we want to provide our customers with fresh products.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Should you have any queries please contact us by webchat on www.supervalu.ie, email at onlinehelp@supervalu.ie or by phone on 1890 456 828

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Worth checking your local supervalu. I got the last one in mine. Had 2 ordered online but expecting a cancellation message. Delighted with one at this stage. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

afro man wrote: »
    Chanced my arm with Supervalu online E-Mail
    Asked why my Confirmed and paid order yesterday is now out of stock
    See response below

Items would not be reserved for customers the day the order is made as we want to provide our customers with fresh products.

Can’t beat a fresh Kart..... hope the rest of you don’t have stale ones by Christmas morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Picked one up in Blackrock (Dublin). Two left as of 9pm this evening for those interested

What age /size would it suit

Has anyone a picture of it made up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

I ordered one yesterday, for delivery on 27th. So if these get sold out from the shop I ordered from between now and then (which they will), mine hasn't been reserved, and I won't get it? That seems unfair, to say the least.

Judging from other posts here, that seems to be the case. Bad from Supervalu. Make me consider not shopping there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

I went to collect at 1pm today in Co. Galway (had a few groceries on order with it too). The groceries were there but of course the kart was out of stock. Not overly shocked but it was worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Ordered two dolls houses (one for my daughter and one for my niece). Got one of them after queuing for 30 mins to get into the store. They said it was the last one. Still a great bargain.

• Advertisement

There's still at least five dollhouses in Charlesland (Greystones) as of five minutes ago. :)

rSQspQa.png

OmegaGene wrote: »
    That’s a bit harsh

Are you saying I'm being harsh on SV if they don't deliver the item I ordered from them? They have it but will effectively sell it to someone else in the meantime. I think that's a low level of service to accept, as a consumer.

I think it's quite lousy if they don't fullfil the order and it would make me more likely to choose another shop over them in future, is all I'm saying.

I'll stop posting on this now, as it will start to get off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Very harsh on SV to be fair.

Click and collect or delivery are picked the day of delivery things are not reserved or put away.

Would you expect them to reserve your dairy products or fish and leave them in a trolley with your name on it?

With bargain alerts like this you need to strike immediately or you will miss out unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What age /size would it suit

18-30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Couldn't see any in SV Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I can't see the dolls house online, is it gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Thanks OP.great find and tks for posting. But similarly I got a call go kart not in store.

The dolls house at 20looks a better offer. As I've seen smiliar go karts and they are wrecked after a few gos

I wouldn't begrudge the SV staff snapping them up. They have hard work, esp this time of year. A deserved perk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Ordered one yesterday afternoon for collection today. Staff were useless and hadn't a clue what we were on about when we got there and said they had sold out months ago and we'd be refunded. A bit disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Picked up a go kart, dolls house and kitchen for the nieces. My sister had no issues using my click and collect. 60 bucks all in. Incredible value.

Picked up a go kart, dolls house and kitchen for the nieces. My sister had no issues using my click and collect. 60 bucks all in. Incredible value.

What store did u get them from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

afro man wrote: »
    What store did u get them from

One in Kilkenny. Rang as soon as I ordered to let them know that I'm cocooning but a family member would pick them up. No issues. They'd one dolls house left on display this morning and no karts.

One in Kilkenny. Rang as soon as I ordered to let them know that I'm cocooning but a family member would pick them up. No issues. They'd one dolls house left on display this morning and no karts.

Supervalu have a mad setup. U can't order anymore items on line.. Yet people on here confirming items still on sale in stores round the country

Very odd alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Cheeky but predictable

Why cheeky!?

Lustrum wrote: »

I dunno why, but I always kinda feel sorry for people that do that. Like they have so little going on that they spend their time buying stuff they don't need, to sell on for a profit.

Taking into consideration the time you put into going and getting it, the time you're stuck with it, the haggling and messing.. I don't see how it's worth while at all.

I dunno why, but I always kinda feel sorry for people that do that. Like they have so little going on that they spend their time buying stuff they don't need, to sell on for a profit.

Taking into consideration the time you put into going and getting it, the time you're stuck with it, the haggling and messing.. I don't see how it's worth while at all.

Maybe it’s the only way they make a buck?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Got the cancellation call this morning. Said they haven't had it in stock for 2 weeks.

Really bad from from SV to be accepting orders for stuff that they don't have in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

antodeco wrote: »
    Got the cancellation call this morning. Said they haven't had it in stock for 2 weeks.

Really bad from from SV to be accepting orders for stuff that they don't have in stock

ive a collection spot for 4pm awaiting the call how early did they ring you

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

curryman wrote: »
    ive a collection spot for 4pm awaiting the call how early did they ring you

Had to collect at 3. Rang me 12:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

antodeco wrote: »
    Had to collect at 3. Rang me 12:30

Just got the call very appolagetic from the staff. Still bad on musgraves allowing stock to be sold when they dont have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 taffey

Got Call at 8.30 to Say they were out of Stock! Was to collect at Blackrock at 9.00am ? Contrary to their TV ad, Grandad is not coming !

They still had 3 dolls houses in SV Tralee this afternoon.
    I took one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Just got the call on the go-kart now, was supposed to be an 1100 pick-up in Navan. Totally unapologetic, verging on rude. Whatever way SV manage their stock in relation to the website must be bizarre.

I assume the money isn’t taken for these until collection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Collected mine in Blackrock this morning without incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Got the call to say stock was not sent to store. Very nice staff member, sounded like she had been getting a load of abuse from customers this morning.

Like a lot of stuff I order from Bargain Alerts I didn't need it. Was going to give it to local charity, so will give VdeP the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I got a text from Knocklyon a few minutes ago. No reason except to say that it's out of stock and that they're sorry for the inconvenience. Very, very poor.

That's another child not getting his present.

When is Liveline back on the air?

Got a call to say no stock, the guy said he’d to make 5 calls. He sounded pissed off that SuperValu head office/musgraves don’t have an online stock system showing if it’s in stock or not.

Last time I’ll be making such an order as they probably just won’t fulfil it so there’s no point. Sorry women’s refuge, I’ll make a cash donation instead.

The company shouldn't be selling once off items of that nature on the same online system as food items (especially when they sell fast moving goods that they order on a recurring basis, on the same system). A simpler solution would be to not allow online ordering of these "specials" at all. Instead, have them listed as first come, first served with no ordering allowed. What they've done is caused unnecessary hassle for employees, and annoyance for customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

I am due to collect in Castletroy Limerick tomorrow so ill wait for my phone call by the sounds of it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Well, I just got the call. She was very nice, and apologized. I told here I was kinda expecting a call and she said there were quiet a few others that she had to contact. I was due to collect Tomorrow at 3.

Also got the call to say no toys left!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 taffey

You've just made my day��

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liamda

Got call at 8.30 to say they had no stock and would not be getting any more in.
    Had two go-karts ordered for collection today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I have a question. I know it's small, but I was charged €1.00 by them, but the order was cancelled. Will I get that back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

I have a question. I know it's small, but I was charged €1.00 by them, but the order was cancelled. Will I get that back?

Was it not €0.01?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Got a call off Joyce saying sorry but we never actually even had any in stock when we accepted your order

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Got a call off Joyce saying sorry but we never actually even had any in stock when we accepted your order

Such bad form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

vicwatson wrote: »
    Such bad form

Yep and I won’t be ordering online from them again! Bizarre carry on from them

There's still at least one dollhouse in Charlesland. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement