If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43” TV

Options
  • 22-12-2020 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for a 43” TV.
    Could you tell me which is the better out of the Sony KD43XH8196BU - New HX Series
    And the
    Samsung QE43Q60T
    I’m not a huge movie buff but I am sports mad so want something that is good for sports like hurling and soccer ie fast moving sports.
    Also is there really a huge difference between say the above two TVs and something nearly half the price like the Samsung UE43TU7100 New T Series?? What am I actually gaining by spending nearly €300 more for the same size TV

I’d also be looking for a soundbar but not willing to spend huge money especially If I buy one of the first two TVs I mentioned so I was looking at the Sony HTX 8500. I understand it’s not going to compete with more expensive soundbars but I’d be happy if it was decent enough.
    I’ve 3 small boys at home so I’m not looking for a separate sub woofer as it would probably be broke within a day if I left it somewhere in the sitting room! so that’s why the Sony seems ideal with built in subwoofer.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

FinnC wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for a 43” TV.
    Could you tell me which is the better out of the Sony KD43XH8196BU - New HX Series
    And the
    Samsung QE43Q60T
    I’m not a huge movie buff but I am sports mad so want something that is good for sports like hurling and soccer ie fast moving sports.
    Also is there really a huge difference between say the above two TVs and something nearly half the price like the Samsung UE43TU7100 New T Series?? What am I actually gaining by spending nearly €300 more for the same size TV

I’d also be looking for a soundbar but not willing to spend huge money especially If I buy one of the first two TVs I mentioned so I was looking at the Sony HTX 8500. I understand it’s not going to compete with more expensive soundbars but I’d be happy if it was decent enough.
    I’ve 3 small boys at home so I’m not looking for a separate sub woofer as it would probably be broke within a day if I left it somewhere in the sitting room! so that’s why the Sony seems ideal with built in subwoofer.
    Hi FinnC.

The Samsung QLED would be the better technology but the Sony 8196 series are excellent LED's.
    It is a toss up between these two sets as both a fantastic.
    The Sony has an Android operating system which gives more content over the Samsung Smart store but its really down to how much of this you will use.
    The Sony will also support Dolby Vision.
    The Samsung QLED would just pip the Sony on picture quality due to the QLED panel.

Compared to the lower series TV you get faster processing, higher contrast ratio, with Sony you get the Andriod operating system (The lower Sony's don't have this and use a different operating system).
    The Lower Samsung 7100 in not a QLED panel and uses LED technology.

The 43XH8196 however is currently out of stock and we are chasing an ETA for more to arrive.

The Sony HTX8500 is a good performing soundbar and has been very popular.
    It packs a lot in and can also replicate Dolby Atmos sound tracks which most in its price range can not do.

I hope this is of help.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

Hi Kenny thanks for the reply.
    I’ve always been a bit of a Sony fanboy so I’d probably go for the Sony TV and the Sony soundbar. When do you think the TV will be back in stock and what are your delivery slots going to be like after Christmas?
    I live in Lucan in Dublin btw.
    Also if I buy the two(Sony Tv and Sony Soundbar) is there anything you can do on price?
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

FinnC wrote: »
    Hi Kenny thanks for the reply.
    I’ve always been a bit of a Sony fanboy so I’d probably go for the Sony TV and the Sony soundbar. When do you think the TV will be back in stock and what are your delivery slots going to be like after Christmas?
    I live in Lucan in Dublin btw.
    Also if I buy the two(Sony Tv and Sony Soundbar) is there anything you can do on price?
    Thanks
    Hi FinnC.

At the moment we have no ETA for more of the TV's arriving.

This is largely Due to manufacturing and supply chain issues caused by the Coronavirus pandemic.

Our deliveries will be running the normal Christmas/New years delivery. 
    DPD will be collecting again in between Christmas and New Years which will be the same as our 2nd courier.

Most deliveries at this stage will not arrive until the new year.

We always try to offer the best deals to boardies that we can but with the likes of TV there is usually very little movement.
    Once the TV arrives back in we can see it's new cost price and check if any deals can be done.
    The current Euro price of 259 make sit already a better deal that our sterling pricing.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204048-sony-htx8500-soundbar.aspx

Any questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.