Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Dartkerry wrote: »
    Vaxart, Inc. (VXRT) make flu vaccines in pill form. Will have a press conference next week with their CEO and Dr. Fauchi regarding a Covid vaccine pill. Which the WHO has said is needed to vaccinate the whole world. Seems interesting, though it has blown up 30% today. I am in @ 11.32.

Is vxrt broken for you today also? It should be up 30% today but price hasn't moved on degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Well and truly game over

I hope not - but the low volume gives me hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Be careful here folks, short interest is down a lot. The days to cover was 10 when the short squeeze started and that was based on previous volume, it has skyrocketed since then. Shorts are well and truly covered in my opinion, the 50% or so short interest left are probably new short positions opened 300+

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

hottipper wrote: »
    Is vxrt broken for you today also? It should be up 30% today but price hasn't moved on degiro.

Degiro having some issues with their price feed - VXRT is +30% today, could be a nice spin on this one if the press conference this week goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭VW 1

Surely closing the original shorts at a price of 300+ would make zero sense, as then the unrealised loss becomes a realised loss on their balance sheet. These would be the very last positions they would look to close, when the price drops a lot lot lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Kilboor wrote: »
    Be careful here folks, short interest is down a lot. The days to cover was 10 when the short squeeze started and that was based on previous volume, it has skyrocketed since then. Shorts are well and truly covered in my opinion, the 50% or so short interest left are probably new short positions opened 300+

Is there somewhere we can see the % of shorts in realtime?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Surely closing the original shorts at a price of 300+ would make zero sense, as then the unrealised loss becomes a realised loss on their balance sheet. These would be the very last positions they would look to close, when the price drops a lot lot lower.

Short Interest is 50-58% as of last night down from 150% two-three weeks ago. That's a lot of positions closed over the last week.

Is there somewhere we can see the % of shorts in realtime?

Not that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Short Interest is 50-58% as of last night down from 150% two-three weeks ago. That's a lot of positions closed over the last week.

Where you seeing that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

so the WSB are again showing their forcing HF to loose?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Where you seeing that?

Data from Shortsight and Ortex according to:

https://isthesqueezesquoze.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

where did they get the stock over the weekend?

were some of these guys buying calls hoping the price would pop and they could exercise?

MikeSoys wrote: »
    so the WSB are again showing their forcing HF to loose?

Yes and no. Lots of hedge funds are long on GameStop too remember.

Melvin and Citron took big losses on their short positions particularly the former.

Thats the ball game then surely?

daheff wrote: »
    where did they get the stock over the weekend?

were some of these guys buying calls hoping the price would pop and they could exercise?

It's as of last night, not that they closed their positions over weekend. Although OTC over weekend closing would still theoretically be possible

VinLieger wrote: »
    Thats the ball game then surely?

I'm not sure, 50% is still high and we don't know the average breakeven price of these shorts.

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have to love a site that comes with the caveat of "Shorts appear to be exiting their positions. There's a lot of speculation about how this is happening, or whether it is truly happening at all ".

That's a whole lot of non-committal guess work so.

I'm not sure, 50% is still high and we don't know the average breakeven price of these shorts.

Thanks for the explanation, already got my input out so gonna stay in just for the chance it still happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Degiro having some issues with their price feed - VXRT is +30% today, could be a nice spin on this one if the press conference this week goes well

yeah lets hope it goes well seems to have passed the hamster challenge last week anyways :pac:
    https://investors.vaxart.com/news-releases/news-release-details/vaxart-announces-additional-preclinical-covid-19-oral-vaccine

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Have to love a site that comes with the caveat of "Shorts appear to be exiting their positions. There's a lot of speculation about how this is happening, or whether it is truly happening at all ".

That's a whole lot of non-committal guess work so.

To be fair, if posters were more honest you'd see a lot more non-committal phrasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭VW 1

That 121% figure is as of 1/15 tho isn't it? The short filings are only reported officially every two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Yeah this is correct. I've confirmed it to bloomberg

Trending back up a little now, this is nerve-wracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Are you sure that's a reputable site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Bought back again at €225, if my wife sees my +/- on a daily basis, it will be game over for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The share price has held up relatively well, considering that reduction in shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Ah here, this silver promotion is realllllllllllly shady ****. They're airing ads and getting loads of airtime on news promoting silver to loads of people who want in on the GME craze and it turns out Citadel amongst other Wall Street entities hold massive amounts of shares in silver. I wouldn't be surprised to see them dump it out to try and cover their GME losses, screwing over the average Joe who doesn't really know what they're doing then laying the blame at retail investors and Reddit.

https://fintel.io/so/us/slv/citadel-advisors-llc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Are you sure that's a reputable site?

no more or less than the rest that are posting on this.
    :D

Advertisement