Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Canonfan wrote: »
    Bought back again at €225, if my wife sees my +/- on a daily basis, it will be game over for me.

Her boyfriend won’t be happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

daheff wrote: »
    no more or less than the rest that are posting on this.
    :D

I'd take MarketWatch before www.isthesqueezesquoze.com 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

circadian wrote: »
    Ah here, this silver promotion is realllllllllllly shady ****. They're airing ads and getting loads of airtime on news promoting silver to loads of people who want in on the GME craze and it turns out Citadel amongst other Wall Street entities hold massive amounts of shares in silver. I wouldn't be surprised to see them dump it out to try and cover their GME losses, screwing over the average Joe who doesn't really know what they're doing then laying the blame at retail investors and Reddit.

https://fintel.io/so/us/slv/citadel-advisors-llc

Are taxi drivers pumping it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Anyone looking getting into NIO? Kept waiting for a significant dip, might just pull the trigger and get it at this price. I could always DCA if it falls further...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

circadian wrote: »
    Ah here, this silver promotion is realllllllllllly shady ****. They're airing ads and getting loads of airtime on news promoting silver to loads of people who want in on the GME craze and it turns out Citadel amongst other Wall Street entities hold massive amounts of shares in silver. I wouldn't be surprised to see them dump it out to try and cover their GME losses, screwing over the average Joe who doesn't really know what they're doing then laying the blame at retail investors and Reddit.

https://fintel.io/so/us/slv/citadel-advisors-llc

yes it quite something really, traders inform cnbc etc and media start 'thinking' is the reddit gang. pump and dump yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Anyone looking getting into NIO? Kept waiting for a significant dip, might just pull the trigger and get it at this price. I could always DCA if it falls further...

I think once the GME nonsense dies down the money will start drifting back into the EV market, and NIO should be a major benefactor of that. However I reckon it may drift down to around 50 before it starts to rise again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

cc87 wrote: »

Came in to post this. Nice bit of business for them. Saw the other day that the deal is expected to be approved by existing shareholders on 9 February.

Still trading at a cheap enough price at circa $17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

<GME>

This does look like a sustained upward trend the last hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Are you sure that's a reputable site?

It's a pro short squeeze GME website.

They are getting their data from those two sources I mentioned, both those sources are paid services probably expensive.

58% is still a very high short interest. I'm saying be careful as it is falling :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

VinLieger wrote: »
    LOL cant help but love the ironic entitlement and superiority of this comment.

Superiority, but but I didn't even mention the lambo I bought with my stockmarket gains!! (Joke for anyone who can't handle that, I'm actually still happily in a 2grand 09 car). My only apology is if anyone took me up the wrong way, I have a hell of alot to be thankful for with this investment forum, across my one year journey as an investor. I still cringe at some of the stupid pure gambles I made early last year, that was not investing. So all I'm trying to do is help out some beginners, that has become increasingly frustrating when you see people come on and make zero effort to invest, just happy to gamble away, I've no issue with anyone gambling, but for actual beginners like I was last year who wanted to invest money and get a better return than in the bank, what sort of hope do they have if they come here and see countless other people yoloing money into gme when the horse has clearly bolted and the downside risk is huge.

But anyways, this 2021 share picks thread, it was already a victim of its own success before gme, with 100s if not 1000s of stock recommendations in the hmm 7200 posts in it. Hottipper fair play to you, setup the very interesting stock picking contest, I've been thinking about other ways of improving this investment forum for all users, one idea, we could have a subforum where users set-up theirown personal thread, and give a lose breakdown of their portfolio and buys and sells (there is something similar in the athletics forum where you have your own training diary). Another idea would be to create a top10 beginners share picks thread, we all have a vote on what we think should be included, good entry points, and update it every month. Direct beginner's in to loosely follow it, rather than getting caught up in all the noise/carnage within the 2021 share picks thread. Anyone got any other ideas as to how to improve the forum? In terms of moderators, is Jim our only mod here? I respect that he isn't hugely interested in this thread, we could probably do with another mod or so, and their loose aim would be to try and keep threads in order, keep GameStop to the short sellers thread, direct beginner questions to the beginner thread, we can do alot more in terms of having some sticky threads (the 3 current stickys are totally obsolete).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Timmaay wrote: »
    Superiority, but but I didn't even mention the lambo I bought with my stockmarket gains!! (Joke for anyone who can't handle that, I'm actually still happily in a 2grand 09 car). My only apology is if anyone took me up the wrong way, I have a hell of alot to be thankful for with this investment forum, across my one year journey as an investor. I still cringe at some of the stupid pure gambles I made early last year, that was not investing. So all I'm trying to do is help out some beginners, that has become increasingly frustrating when you see people come on and make zero effort to invest, just happy to gamble away, I've no issue with anyone gambling, but for actual beginners like I was last year who wanted to invest money and get a better return than in the bank, what sort of hope do they have if they come here and see countless other people yoloing money into gme when the horse has clearly bolted and the downside risk is huge.

But anyways, this 2021 share picks thread, it was already a victim of its own success before gme, with 100s if not 1000s of stock recommendations in the hmm 7200 posts in it. Hottipper fair play to you, setup the very interesting stock picking contest, I've been thinking about other ways of improving this investment forum for all users, one idea, we could have a subforum where users set-up theirown personal thread, and give a lose breakdown of their portfolio and buys and sells (there is something similar in the athletics forum where you have your own training diary). Another idea would be to create a top10 beginners share picks thread, we all have a vote on what we think should be included, good entry points, and update it every month. Direct beginner's in to loosely follow it, rather than getting caught up in all the noise/carnage within the 2021 share picks thread. Anyone got any other ideas as to how to improve the forum? In terms of moderators, is Jim our only mod here? I respect that he isn't hugely interested in this thread, we could probably do with another mod or so, and their loose aim would be to try and keep threads in order, keep GameStop to the short sellers thread, direct beginner questions to the beginner thread, we can do alot more in terms of having some sticky threads (the 3 current stickys are totally obsolete).

Some good suggestions there but I guess it's quite difficult to stop threads getting hijacked or going on tangents.

I reckon over the next week or two this GME buzz will die down and we'll be back to a modestly busy forum with genuine stock discussion and recommendations. All we need is the main man Rigolo back and we're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

Yes well said Timaay,

as a new investor about 3 weeks now, I found the recommendations and advice from you and other regular contributors to be very helpful, and I thank you for that. But in the last week or so, its got a bit out of hand with the added interest of GME etc..and sometimes ends up in a slagging match between posters.. For me this forum is very useful as a beginner and helps to learn a little about the market and the terminology surrounding it , so I am grateful for this and hope that it will continue along that path.

How's Dogecoin working out for ya? :D

One way or another this will end. And afterwards there will be more people, myself for example, interested in investing after this first experience. So I think this influx can only be positive for the forum in the long run. Those who stick around after Gamestop might have a few quid to invest "properly" or will have gained valuable experience by getting burned. Either way we will need advice etc. on doing things in a more sensible fashion, in order to make proper use of and to protect our "winnings" or to avoid getting burned again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Scrunch

Another idea would be to create a top10 beginners share picks thread, we all have a vote on what we think should be included, good entry points, and update it every month....

I really like this idea. Maybe a mix of high/medium/low risk options could help investors depending on what their objectives are.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Let’s start with Gevo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

treatyman wrote: »
    SMT - I know it was mentioned here before. I bought some this morning with ii (not on Degiro). Over the next few months I think it's going to be my majority holding. It's a long term hold for me (10+ years) and may decide to buy some each month (DCA). Any thoughts?

I'm in SMT, I got in last year at just under 800 and have continued to buy. Would buy more but trying to keep diversified, last few of my buys were MyWallSt stocks of the month picks.. prologis, Home Depot, RH. They're not multi baggers but helping me get some equities that aren't all tech based. I picked up a good bit of Cloudfare, billing.com, DataDog, twilio, all doing well for last 3 months.

presume a lot of you have access to the mywallst stock picks etc or does anyone want to see this info shared ..i.e. the monthly stock picks etc?
    I'm still a noob so I'm not exactly super confident with my own research..

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Jams... thank you for setting up the thread. I stopped going into the 2021 thread... for reasons already mentioned...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Anyone have thought on NIo long term .
    Also royal dutch( they seem to breaking out into wind energy ) again long term .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Argo Blockchain is my pick so far this year. I have a position in Marathon since late last year and am hopeful ARB will trend in that general direction.

It's currently sitting at 82p, coming down from and all time high of 125p. This is a huge increase from a 7p per share in November.

They are a Blockchain Technology Company Focused On Large-Scale Cryptocurrency Mining.

Check out the below Seeking Alpha article for more info

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4401025-argo-blockchain-underlisted-and-underloved-cryptominer-not-for-long

Obviously price is tied closely to BTC, but the figures look good even if BTC is stable at $30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Bought 650 shares of GEVO early today- now up 9%. Will hold for now and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

RyanAir is down only 0.4% today

How is that even remotely possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    RyanAir is down only 0.4% today

How is that even remotely possible?

bad news priced in

not a surprise really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Novavax, Inc. up by $50 today. This was $134 on Thursday and now $270

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »
    Put in limit buy order for 200 shares in NIO at 55. I don't think we will see that low today.

Had planned to put in an order for Novavax, Inc. but totally forgot and by the time I realized the price surged 60%. Their vaccine is in the news so still tempted to buy a small bit as it could continue upward trend with rollout of its vaccine.

Update on this Novavax seems to be doing great. Its up by $50 today (22%), the news around their vaccine has been positive

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    bad news priced in

not a surprise really

Have been thinking about taking a small position in ryanair for a while now...I know I should probably steer clear of airlines but they've been surprisingly resilient through all of this and it seems when there's a meaningful return to air travel europe will be carved up between ryanair in the west and wizz air in the east...both have extremely low unit costs, lots of liquidity and fuel efficient aircraft...anyone else have any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

dan786 wrote: »
    Novavax, Inc. up by $50 today. This was $134 on Thursday and now $270

Yes i had them on watchlist.. They have produced a vaccine for corona virus..

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Cpfm wrote: »
    I'm in SMT, I got in last year at just under 800 and have continued to buy. Would buy more but trying to keep diversified, last few of my buys were MyWallSt stocks of the month picks.. prologis, Home Depot, RH. They're not multi baggers but helping me get some equities that aren't all tech based. I picked up a good bit of Cloudfare, billing.com, DataDog, twilio, all doing well for last 3 months.

presume a lot of you have access to the mywallst stock picks etc or does anyone want to see this info shared ..i.e. the monthly stock picks etc?
    I'm still a noob so I'm not exactly super confident with my own research..

Would be great to see the mywallst recommendations, how long have you been following them and how successful are they?

Have a small position in Argo Blockchain too, paid £1 per share, hoping it'll rebound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Had to change my GME sell order about 3 times today but eventually it filled. Felt like wind was out of the sails and too many other new things being hyped - there’s only so much people can commit to. Out at a small profit on GME but AMC profit from last week meant overall my gamble “paid” off, maybe 45%.

In reality I wasted a serious amount of hours on it during work but chalking it down to experience and can’t complain when no losses.

Advertisement