Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Argo Blockchain is my pick so far this year. I have a position in Marathon since late last year and am hopeful ARB will trend in that general direction.

It's currently sitting at 82p, coming down from and all time high of 125p. This is a huge increase from a 7p per share in November.

They are a Blockchain Technology Company Focused On Large-Scale Cryptocurrency Mining.

Check out the below Seeking Alpha article for more info

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4401025-argo-blockchain-underlisted-and-underloved-cryptominer-not-for-long

Obviously price is tied closely to BTC, but the figures look good even if BTC is stable at $30k.

Thanks for the tip in this one gonzo, I have been looking at the whole blockchain
    space lately, also involved are riot, hive and Phun tech might be worth a look for you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

dec2000 wrote: »
    Would be great to see the mywallst recommendations, how long have you been following them and how successful are they?

Have a small position in Argo Blockchain too, paid £1 per share, hoping it'll rebound

signed up in October, think it was $79... they claim 174% versus S&P 56.8%... but I haven't verified that. I'm very happy with it though. There's not much advertising and pumping of additional purchases. I've had success with them - pager duty +67, Clouflare +37, Bill.com 10.79, Twilio+21, Etsy +39.
    They announce a stock of the month, this month was issued today, ServiceNow (originally a SOTM in Aug 2018).
    I find them good for long term investments...so far :pac:
    I don't follow them blindly - but they provide a lot of info served up - good for someone like me that hasn't got the hang of doing all the right research yet..
    Plus - they have a full back catalogue of their picks & performance.

Jan-RH (Restoration Hardware)
    Dec-Prologis
    Nov-Home Depot , Lemonade (had already bought in)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

Cpfm wrote: »
    I'm in SMT, I got in last year at just under 800 and have continued to buy. Would buy more but trying to keep diversified, last few of my buys were MyWallSt stocks of the month picks.. prologis, Home Depot, RH. They're not multi baggers but helping me get some equities that aren't all tech based. I picked up a good bit of Cloudfare, billing.com, DataDog, twilio, all doing well for last 3 months.

I added RH shorty before MyWallSt featured it. Was off the back of Galloway presentation that someone kindly prepared. Added some with recent dip to bring down my average price but am 1% down still. I was also monitoring WSM which is Pottery Barn and a number of other companies that do home furnishings etc. - RH is more upmarket and luxury.

I spotted Jim Cramer (I think) had WSM in his 2021 picks. It’s probably up around 30% since it was on my radar before Christmas but when it started to take off I couldn’t get in and felt I might be chasing so waited...

There was a very interesting Forbes article (can’t find now but was shared here or link to Twitter was) on US savings and spending, pandemic stimulus and actual impact on Americans. Example was for every 4 low paid 25k a year worker laid off, there was an executive or simile getting a 100k bonus. So the upper middle class US spending habits were also steering towards the home as they were spending more time there, WFH. etc. Hopefully RH earnings will reflect that!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭peterofthebr

JDWW wrote: »
    Have been thinking about taking a small position in ryanair for a while now...I know I should probably steer clear of airlines but they've been surprisingly resilient through all of this and it seems when there's a meaningful return to air travel europe will be carved up between ryanair in the west and wizz air in the east...both have extremely low unit costs, lots of liquidity and fuel efficient aircraft...anyone else have any thoughts?
    Ryanair have a ton of cash.. I'm looking at them awhile but think share price can go lower. Imo, they don't pay dividend still I think so consider that too against others

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

How's Dogecoin working out for ya? :D

Working out exactly as planned, dropped back to 3cent now, still way too extended but it's only afew days later, will I drop you a pm in a months time when I think its time to buy?

Timmaay wrote: »
    I'm definitely planning on getting into dogecoin at some stage, the fact that musk has pumped it serveral times across the last year means the odds of him pumping it in the future are very good also, however I'm absolutely not gonna touch it now, buying crypto alt coins while they are extended are like setting your money on fire for the short term, very likely your gonna see likes of a 70%+ drawdown (had that t-shirt, its not fun lol). Instead I'll be aiming to average into it in a month or so when everyone has forgotten about it, and then just sit on it till Musk pumps it again.

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    Working out exactly as planned, dropped back to 3cent now, still way too extended but it's only afew days later, will I drop you a pm in a months time when I think its time to buy?

No, I don't buy meme coins. The fundamentals just aren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Stong day for most markets.

Have a feeling the Robinhood crew are moving to different broekrs at the moment. Could be a lot of volatility in GME/AMC over the week as they sell on Robinhood and buy on WeBull or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭in2dark

Today I sold my small holdings of INO which I bought after rigolos suggestion if im not wrong.
    Now that rigolo is gone im between taking a punt on DDDD or FLT (drones)

I see many ppl talk about the dddd but i also believe the drones might be acquired in the near future

Right, so a bit of a wild ride on GME today. I bought in originally @230 so down slightly. Sticking with my plan to hold until Wednesday at the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

After the expected sell off in the morning there's been very little volume. Looking at the tick by tick it's clear the hedge funds are trying to drive the price down but there's barely anyone selling.

I'm wondering if it's done or if there's a bounce coming. Alas, I've made my money back and then some, have a few shares left for the ride and would love to see the insane spike but I'm starting to think it's not coming.

I do welcome a return to quiet long trades though, last week was spent in perpetual hype and drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭This is it

DFV still in, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Did some great work buying the dips today. Went into AMC too.

good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Looks like someone burst the ball today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Some of the lads on Reddit are saying a major broker (dunno if I can say who) was imposing tight stop losses and take profits on their orders.

Man there's a ton of legal cases coming against some of the brokers in this.

Down under 180 in after hours now, not looking good.

Regardless of the fact that I have only a small amount and won't miss the money it is still sick enough seeing that percentage turn negative after being up a good bit.

I'm consoling myself that before the middle of last week I knew very little about this type of thing, and now I have had a bit of a crash course and learned a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Tumbling 175 after hours

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm going to keep holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

in2dark wrote: »
    Today I sold my small holdings of INO which I bought after rigolos suggestion if im not wrong.
    Now that rigolo is gone im between taking a punt on DDDD or FLT (drones)

I see many ppl talk about the dddd but i also believe the drones might be acquired in the near future

Ark talk about drones in their next big ideas to invest document. Believe they will be a significant but minor part of delivery/shopping by 2025 and then be a major part by 2030.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

I was reading lot of the comments on Reddit where people believe DFV will give everyone a heads up before he cashes out.

This will end badly for people buying in the last few days.

• Advertisement

Renault 5 wrote: »
    I was reading lot of the comments on Reddit where people believe DFV will give everyone a heads up before he cashes out.

Sure he will...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭This is it

awec wrote: »

Diamond hands

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭peterofthebr

daheff wrote: »
    Some of the lads on Reddit are saying a major broker (dunno if I can say who) was imposing tight stop losses and take profits on their orders.

Man there's a ton of legal cases coming against some of the brokers in this.

Were they using the short ladder attack, lots of level 2 data (vids/clips) showing this happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jams100

On what basis?
    What do you think is a fair market cap for this company?
    Because, ultimately reddit or not, thats what its going to come down to, my guess is your going to be bag holding...

Just stop for a second, the stock is up 8,000% over the past 52 weeks.
    There's not one fundamental indicator that could justify that current valuation.

Eventually whats going to happen is people are going to see either a new pump stock, or a stable name like amazon or alphabet and pull their money from gme and throw it into them.

Anyway, plenty of warnings have been given by numerous posters on this thread already i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

See 5:20 mins in the following. He reckons GME still 50% shorted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PqU1PWip4Ok

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

jams100 wrote: »
    On what basis?
    What do you think is a fair market cap for this company?
    Because, ultimately reddit or not, thats what its going to come down to, my guess is your going to be bag holding...

Just stop for a second, the stock is up 8,000% over the past 52 weeks.
    There's not one fundamental indicator that could justify that current valuation.

Eventually whats going to happen is people are going to see either a new pump stock, or a stable name like amazon or alphabet and pull their money from gme and throw it into them.

Anyway, plenty of warnings have been given by numerous posters on this thread already i guess.

Because I haven't invested anything I'm not willing to lose and I'm happy to ride this rollercoaster for a while yet.

And yes, I think everyone is well familiar with the slightly condescending "warnings" on this thread from a few posters who seem to think anyone who has this stock is an idiot being led up the path.

If it goes up, I'll get a nice weekend break or something. If it crashes and burns then that's that, I had some fun while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jams100

Because I haven't invested anything I'm not willing to lose and I'm happy to ride this rollercoaster for a while yet.

And yes, I think everyone is well familiar with the slightly condescending "warnings" on this thread from a few posters who seem to think anyone who has this stock is an idiot being led up the path.

If it goes up, I'll get a nice weekend break or something. If it crashes and burns then that's that, I had some fun while it lasted.

Ok, you didn't really answer the question though. On what basis do you think this will go up?

Can I ask a different question so? At what point do you see yourself selling?

Its great that you can afford to lose that money, however I'm sure there's plenty of others who still see the reward being greater than the risk, which based on any fundamental analysis is simply not true, and ultimately thats what its going to boil down to.

In terms of you trying to insinuate that I'm somehow calling people "idiots", I quite frankly don't know where you are getting that from. At the end of the day I'm just an amatur investor like anyone on this thread. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.

My opinion is simply one of someone who's not caught up in this trade and is the one of someone who is looking at this from an objective standpoint.

jams100 wrote: »
    Ok, you didn't really answer the question though. On what basis do you think this will go up?

Can I ask a different question so? At what point do you see yourself selling?

Its great that you can afford to lose that money, however I'm sure there's plenty of others who still see the reward being greater than the risk, which based on any fundamental analysis is simply not true, and ultimately thats what its going to boil down to.

In terms of you trying to insinuate that I'm somehow calling people "idiots", I quite frankly don't know where you are getting that from. At the end of the day I'm just an amatur investor like anyone on this thread. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.

My opinion is simply one of someone who's not caught up in this trade and is the one of someone who is looking at this from an objective standpoint.

Still a significant amount of shorters left if the 50% figure is accurate. There are billboards going up around the US advertising gme. There is still reason to believe people will continue to buy into this. If you think this is about the fundamental valuation of gamestop, you haven't been paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Still a significant amount of shorters left if the 50% figure is accurate. There are billboards going up around the US advertising gme. There is still reason to believe people will continue to buy into this. If you think this is about the fundamental valuation of gamestop, you haven't been paying attention.

But the Squeeze has happened (or is in the middle of happening) as the short position has dropped to 50%. The hedge funds are managing to buy shares.

Or is it that you see it as a pump and dump and there is still reason that more people will come in and push the price higher before it gets dumped. If this is the case it must be near the end if they are taking billboard adds out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Any suggestions to buy stocks in legal marijuan. I see it expanding more and more in coming years.

Advertisement