Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

SpaceJamm wrote: »
    I'll give you another theory.

I am horny for GME.

I like the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    sundial is starting to blow up but its just ran 100% quickly.

Thanks. I already missed the boat I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Canonfan wrote: »
    GME down $84.44 (37.53%) pre market as I type, not good.

Read that as it was at 84 and literally shat the bed :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Tesla has recalled 134,000 vehicles. Be interesting to see where the price goes based on that. Think the issue is with touchscreens as opposed to the cars not working otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/laq7vx/so_youre_experiencing_fud/

Some seriously in depth DD being done over on WSB, in usual WSB fashion.

I'm holding because I like the stock and I like seeing this tree getting shaken. Wonder what falls out at the end of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Daz_ wrote: »
    Anyone getting into GME when drop stalls?

I have some funds ready to pounce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

wonder will we have any new Irish millionaires due to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Tesla has recalled 134,000 vehicles. Be interesting to see where the price goes based on that. Think the issue is with touchscreens as opposed to the cars not working otherwise.

Up pre-market anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

circadian wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/laq7vx/so_youre_experiencing_fud/

Some seriously in depth DD being done over on WSB, in usual WSB fashion.

I'm holding because I like the stock and I like seeing this tree getting shaken. Wonder what falls out at the end of it all.

That was actually a fun and interesting read , thanks for that !

tusk wrote: »
    wonder will we have any new Irish millionaires due to this

I wonder indeed. Seems like it's far from over and there's a lot more going on than just trading and short ladders. I'm wondering how they cleared the 120%+ short volume down to 55% in a day or two with a massive decrease in trade volume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Yesterday between 5pm and 7pm I bought and sold 20 shares repeatedly in GME when it was volatile and bouncing between $330 and $350.

I placed sell limit orders at 5$ or so above the buy price, and stop limit losses at 20$ below the buy price.

The sell limit orders executed 12 times. The stop limit never kicked in, on my last trade but I amended and got out earlier at about 8$ loss per share.

It was a draining 2 hours f5'ing the keyboard but a profitable one. I guess I was lucky with such buy and sell volume going through at the time. The risk is limited unless the stop loss kicks in when the stock tanks miles below the limit price.

Is all that is happening basically the perfect storm for day traders?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Attitude on WSB starting to go negative with this dip, people selling at a huge loss. I wouldnt be surprised if this goes below 100 today.

AMC also tanking premarket. I feel the squeeze is coming but the hedge funds are just trying to minimize their losses by getting most retail investors out.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Seems like every day is incredibly interesting but today seems like it'll be fascinating.

Also, I'm not sure if they're still pushing the whole silver angle but whoever is behind it (the folks on WSB are adamant they aren't involved) would need to tread very, very carefully.

Along with the fact that traders with zero experience are buying into a commodity which is a completely different trade than shares in a company and most likely going to get burned if the HF decide to cash in on the sharp price increase...there is the issue with commodity trade and dollar value. In general, this isn't a written rule but in general commodity price is inverse to dollar. Silver goes up, dollar comes down and vice versa.

If these lads are pushing this silver narrative, they could be catching the eye of the Federal Reserve who under no circumstances will allow the currency to be manipulated in such a way. Whatever about the SEC behaving in the way it has so far, it's purpose is to protect the market and prevent volatility.

The Federal Reserve, in my opinion, would not take kindly to this ****show making it's way to their doorstep.

https://www.thebalance.com/how-the-dollar-impacts-commodity-prices-809294

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

circadian wrote: »
    Also, I'm not sure if they're still pushing the whole silver angle but whoever is behind it (the folks on WSB are adamant they aren't involved) would need to tread very, very carefully.

Along with the fact that traders with zero experience are buying into a commodity which is a completely different trade than shares in a company and most likely going to get burned if the HF decide to cash in on the sharp price increase...there is the issue with commodity trade and dollar value. In general, this isn't a written rule but in general commodity price is inverse to dollar. Silver goes up, dollar comes down and vice versa.

If these lads are pushing this silver narrative, they could be catching the eye of the Federal Reserve who under no circumstances will allow the currency to be manipulated in such a way. Whatever about the SEC behaving in the way it has so far, it's purpose is to protect the market and prevent volatility.

The Federal Reserve, in my opinion, would not take kindly to this ****show making it's way to their doorstep.

https://www.thebalance.com/how-the-dollar-impacts-commodity-prices-809294

The hedge fund Citadel that is losing on GME is winning on Silver. If it was a counter play, it was a stroke of genius.

All Reddit hyped stocks have tanked GME, AMC, NAKD, KOSS, BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Daz_ wrote: »
    That was actually a fun and interesting read , thanks for that !

charming wording as usual "....First of all, I didn't give you permission to speak...."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Once the Hedge Funds buy back though won't the price sky rocket again on GME? Provided there is of course shorts left to cover.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Thanks to those of you for the respectful friendly comments,
    but to be honest I cant be dealing with the mods on this forum. Too much woke culture, SJW and cancel culture.
    Anyone with a edge to their ideology, political opinion, even their phraseology is banned, so be it. Freedom of speech is not allowed around here.

That was some hatchet job fake news and main stream media did on the millenials , Robinhooders and WSB . The trap was perfectly laid, this was going to be another VW , there was no out for the Hedge funds until the main stream news did the bidding of their masters, as they always do and sunk it with some help from the freeze on trading. Foxnews (Charels Payne) was the only channel that got positive feedback on Wallstreetbets for supporting the little guy. Like I said fake news and mainstream news have you conditioned to believe their crap. Foxnews were on your side as a retail investor.

I told you guys months ago how Robinhood made their money , front running your 'free' trades. Theres a generation finally waking up, its your fight now, good luck with it. Heck I used be on call at DTCC back in the day , Ive always known the layers to the onion. I recall with a wry grin the amount of times I told people I was working on the core of DTCC systems, and people would remark never heard of them . I didnt even attempt to explain what they did for the man on the street was so clueless to the layers of the onion there was little point, maybe now they are less so. Who knows maybe this generation will really wake up rather than just being WOKE.

Like the diamond handed GME and AMC I will hold (just a few) until they go to zero, a ban from the mods on Boards is a badge of honour to those who fight the system .

As you all know I was always a man for research.
    I spent most of the xmas holidays waking at 2 am to watch the Bitcoin action , volatility and volume in the Far east for 30 mins, it convinced me to yolo heavily in on my miners. Heck as Ive frequently posted I even got the kids involved . We all walked away with 10x.
    Jan 7th I sent the missus a text , thats it Im done for the year , so much money after being made the fun was out of it I told her.
    She wanted to buy another house in The City of Lights for the kids , so I said take it's all yours go for it. That will keep her out of my hair, my own indulgence is Antique books, I spend about 20k a year on them , theres great reading when holding a 400 year old account of say The Crusades or an account of The French Revolution written 20 years after the fact. To hold that history in your hands, whilst listening to the tripe that passes for news and forum moderation these days is refreshing and enlightening.

So early Jan I flipped the gains the missus hadnt taken for her pocket money to buy another house into Chamath P.s Spacs having gorged on his public commentary over the holidays also. It was a safe place with asymetric risk to park some money for 2021 , I didnt expect to compound the gains so fast.
    So like I said January has seen such huge gains that werent even needed per se, but Ive lost interest in the game having beaten the system .
    And after seeing the system beat down the little guy with the help of fake news main stream media my interest for first half 2021 will be purely to watch how that battle for broader freedom resolves itself, rather than watch monetary accumulation.

Sorry no one here could share in the research, blame the mods for the ban.
    So thats your future folks , the start of 2021 has been an introduction to your new future, you have new masters who control your speech, your trades , and your social online life, welcome to your new life.

Im trading lightly these days, Ive not much to contribute here for the foreseable future , my time is too valuable to me to support the regime of mods on here who are totalitarian.
    Ive found most wealthy people dont know where their real wealth lies so my daily cycle is now 3 sessions, morning aerobics, afternoon cycle and evening weights, 32 days into 2021 and only one session missed.

Thats all for now. And sincerely good luck with your trading
    Diamond hands and may ye all be eating tendies on a rocket to the moon.

so much info out there and understand shorts need to keep AMC sub $9

• Advertisement

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Once the Hedge Funds buy back though won't the price sky rocket again on GME? Provided there is of course shorts left to cover.

Yes that is the plan. Its the hedge funds driving the price down so people panic and sell and also stop losses auto kick in.

There are definitely shorts left and the volume that is driving the price down is very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

dan786 wrote: »
    All Reddit hyped stocks have tanked GME, AMC, NAKD, KOSS, BB.

As expected. You need to hop on and hop off these waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭VW 1

Pretty pissed at BB tanking, I got into it at 12 2-3 weeks ago before seeing it on Reddit, was licking my lips when it got to 28 last week.

Considering adding some more gme shares to my current (small) holding of them with the lower prices. Still about 50% or so above where I bought in initially.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Thanks to those of you for the respectful friendly comments,
    but to be honest I cant be dealing with the mods on this forum. Too much woke culture, SJW and cancel culture.
    Anyone with a edge to their ideology, political opinion, even their phraseology is banned, so be it. Freedom of speech is not allowed around here.

That was some hatchet job fake news and main stream media did on the millenials , Robinhooders and WSB . The trap was perfectly laid, this was going to be another VW , there was no out for the Hedge funds until the main stream news did the bidding of their masters, as they always do and sunk it with some help from the freeze on trading. Foxnews (Charels Payne) was the only channel that got positive feedback on Wallstreetbets for supporting the little guy. Like I said fake news and mainstream news have you conditioned to believe their crap. Foxnews were on your side as a retail investor.

I told you guys months ago how Robinhood made their money , front running your 'free' trades. Theres a generation finally waking up, its your fight now, good luck with it. Heck I used be on call at DTCC back in the day , Ive always known the layers to the onion. I recall with a wry grin the amount of times I told people I was working on the core of DTCC systems, and people would remark never heard of them . I didnt even attempt to explain what they did for the man on the street was so clueless to the layers of the onion there was little point, maybe now they are less so. Who knows maybe this generation will really wake up rather than just being WOKE.

Like the diamond handed GME and AMC I will hold (just a few) until they go to zero, a ban from the mods on Boards is a badge of honour to those who fight the system .

As you all know I was always a man for research.
    I spent most of the xmas holidays waking at 2 am to watch the Bitcoin action , volatility and volume in the Far east for 30 mins, it convinced me to yolo heavily in on my miners. Heck as Ive frequently posted I even got the kids involved . We all walked away with 10x.
    Jan 7th I sent the missus a text , thats it Im done for the year , so much money after being made the fun was out of it I told her.
    She wanted to buy another house in The City of Lights for the kids , so I said take it's all yours go for it. That will keep her out of my hair, my own indulgence is Antique books, I spend about 20k a year on them , theres great reading when holding a 400 year old account of say The Crusades or an account of The French Revolution written 20 years after the fact. To hold that history in your hands, whilst listening to the tripe that passes for news and forum moderation these days is refreshing and enlightening.

So early Jan I flipped the gains the missus hadnt taken for her pocket money to buy another house into Chamath P.s Spacs having gorged on his public commentary over the holidays also. It was a safe place with asymetric risk to park some money for 2021 , I didnt expect to compound the gains so fast.
    So like I said January has seen such huge gains that werent even needed per se, but Ive lost interest in the game having beaten the system .
    And after seeing the system beat down the little guy with the help of fake news main stream media my interest for first half 2021 will be purely to watch how that battle for broader freedom resolves itself, rather than watch monetary accumulation.

Sorry no one here could share in the research, blame the mods for the ban.
    So thats your future folks , the start of 2021 has been an introduction to your new future, you have new masters who control your speech, your trades , and your social online life, welcome to your new life.

Im trading lightly these days, Ive not much to contribute here for the foreseable future , my time is too valuable to me to support the regime of mods on here who are totalitarian.
    Ive found most wealthy people dont know where their real wealth lies so my daily cycle is now 3 sessions, morning aerobics, afternoon cycle and evening weights, 32 days into 2021 and only one session missed.

Thats all for now. And sincerely good luck with your trading
    Diamond hands and may ye all be eating tendies on a rocket to the moon.

youve being spot on may times in the past. following reddit- although not a crypo thread there is money to be made there if you 'ride the wave' of the discord groups pump and dump gang. before sec gets involved. ive a position in AMC(@$4.3) .. so to mars and beyond unless its turns toward the sun
    ...money never sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

like the fool I am, I've bought another @ 110 EUR

now +4 @ BEP 256 EUR

although this extra one might be sold if prices go back up around 200-300...at least mitigate some (probable) losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Chances of GME being below $100 at open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

crushproof wrote: »

Better than them going back up thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

crushproof wrote: »

anything is possible.

i would think it'll dip below 100 and then start rising a bit after an hour or so

but what do i know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Welcome back Rigolo
    RIGOLO wrote: »
    I told you guys months ago how Robinhood made their money , front running your 'free' trades. Theres a generation finally waking up, its your fight now, good luck with it. Heck I used be on call at DTCC back in the day , Ive always known the layers to the onion. I recall with a wry grin the amount of times I told people I was working on the core of DTCC systems, and people would remark never heard of them . I didnt even attempt to explain what they did for the man on the street was so clueless to the layers of the onion there was little point, maybe now they are less so.
    I was probably one of those, and while I understood the point that yourself and Jim were making about how Degiro/Robinhood make money, I must admit this was the first time I saw the problem with them front running trades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

I imagine most of those saying Hold on Reddit sold out days ago.

Advertisement