Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Quick predicton game,
    GME is currently $128
    AMC is currently $9.18

Where do they end today?

I'll go

GME $160
    AMC $12.70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Quick predicton game,
    GME is currently $128
    AMC is currently $9.18

Where do they end today?

I'll go

GME $160
    AMC $12.70

GME: $83
    AMC: $8.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Thanks to those of you for the respectful friendly comments,
    but to be honest I cant be dealing with the mods on this forum. Too much woke culture, SJW and cancel culture.
    Anyone with a edge to their ideology, political opinion, even their phraseology is banned, so be it. Freedom of speech is not allowed around here.

That was some hatchet job fake news and main stream media did on the millenials , Robinhooders and WSB . The trap was perfectly laid, this was going to be another VW , there was no out for the Hedge funds until the main stream news did the bidding of their masters, as they always do and sunk it with some help from the freeze on trading. Foxnews (Charels Payne) was the only channel that got positive feedback on Wallstreetbets for supporting the little guy. Like I said fake news and mainstream news have you conditioned to believe their crap. Foxnews were on your side as a retail investor.

I told you guys months ago how Robinhood made their money , front running your 'free' trades. Theres a generation finally waking up, its your fight now, good luck with it. Heck I used be on call at DTCC back in the day , Ive always known the layers to the onion. I recall with a wry grin the amount of times I told people I was working on the core of DTCC systems, and people would remark never heard of them . I didnt even attempt to explain what they did for the man on the street was so clueless to the layers of the onion there was little point, maybe now they are less so. Who knows maybe this generation will really wake up rather than just being WOKE.

Like the diamond handed GME and AMC I will hold (just a few) until they go to zero, a ban from the mods on Boards is a badge of honour to those who fight the system .

As you all know I was always a man for research.
    I spent most of the xmas holidays waking at 2 am to watch the Bitcoin action , volatility and volume in the Far east for 30 mins, it convinced me to yolo heavily in on my miners. Heck as Ive frequently posted I even got the kids involved . We all walked away with 10x.
    Jan 7th I sent the missus a text , thats it Im done for the year , so much money after being made the fun was out of it I told her.
    She wanted to buy another house in The City of Lights for the kids , so I said take it's all yours go for it. That will keep her out of my hair, my own indulgence is Antique books, I spend about 20k a year on them , theres great reading when holding a 400 year old account of say The Crusades or an account of The French Revolution written 20 years after the fact. To hold that history in your hands, whilst listening to the tripe that passes for news and forum moderation these days is refreshing and enlightening.

So early Jan I flipped the gains the missus hadnt taken for her pocket money to buy another house into Chamath P.s Spacs having gorged on his public commentary over the holidays also. It was a safe place with asymetric risk to park some money for 2021 , I didnt expect to compound the gains so fast.
    So like I said January has seen such huge gains that werent even needed per se, but Ive lost interest in the game having beaten the system .
    And after seeing the system beat down the little guy with the help of fake news main stream media my interest for first half 2021 will be purely to watch how that battle for broader freedom resolves itself, rather than watch monetary accumulation.

Sorry no one here could share in the research, blame the mods for the ban.
    So thats your future folks , the start of 2021 has been an introduction to your new future, you have new masters who control your speech, your trades , and your social online life, welcome to your new life.

Im trading lightly these days, Ive not much to contribute here for the foreseable future , my time is too valuable to me to support the regime of mods on here who are totalitarian.
    Ive found most wealthy people dont know where their real wealth lies so my daily cycle is now 3 sessions, morning aerobics, afternoon cycle and evening weights, 32 days into 2021 and only one session missed.

Thats all for now. And sincerely good luck with your trading
    Diamond hands and may ye all be eating tendies on a rocket to the moon.

To be honest with all the talk of Discord servers working in tandem with Reddit I'm surprised there isn't one already working in tandem with this boards.ie forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hey, it's been about 7 years since I traded stocks, and at that it was small scale, hobby. Family, home, etc. put a stop to it but we have a bit of surplus funds now that I'd like to take a long term view at investing.

I'm thinking 3-5 stocks to start and build on that depending on how things go. I'm sticking primarily with what I know, so... tech. Cybersecurity in particular, the cyber ETFs are all doing great and I don't see the demand for cyber security slowing down any time soon. Solarwinds too, major dip recently due to the bad press from the recent hacks. I think they'll bounce back though. When you scratch beneath the surface, Solarwinds were just one piece of a big puzzle that enabled those hacks. They'll patch and come back stronger IMO. Amazon then is my safe and steady pick.

L&G Cyber Security UCITS ETF
    SolarWinds Corp (NYSE: SWI)
    Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN)

Also thinking about IAG (LSE: IAG). I saw another poster mention it and assuming they survive another year of COVID impact they could be a good long term option.

So, what do ye think? Look like a decent starting point or am I throwing away money?

Bacchus wrote: »
    Hey, it's been about 7 years since I traded stocks, and at that it was small scale, hobby. Family, home, etc. put a stop to it but we have a bit of surplus funds now that I'd like to take a long term view at investing.

I'm thinking 3-5 stocks to start and build on that depending on how things go. I'm sticking primarily with what I know, so... tech. Cybersecurity in particular, the cyber ETFs are all doing great and I don't see the demand for cyber security slowing down any time soon. Solarwinds too, major dip recently due to the bad press from the recent hacks. I think they'll bounce back though. When you scratch beneath the surface, Solarwinds were just one piece of a big puzzle that enabled those hacks. They'll patch and come back stronger IMO. Amazon then is my safe and steady pick.

L&G Cyber Security UCITS ETF
    SolarWinds Corp (NYSE: SWI)
    Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN)

Also thinking about IAG (LSE: IAG). I saw another poster mention it and assuming they survive another year of COVID impact they could be a good long term option.

So, what do ye think? Look like a decent starting point or am I throwing away money?

Always a good strategy to stay in an area you understand. Check out Crowdstrike too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Thanks.

Crowdstrike are on my watch list too. I was just a bit concerned about going too heavy on cyber security. The ETF and Solarwinds will be 50-60% of my investment. Amazon + optional 4th will be the rest.

EDIT: Actually I should also add that Disney is of interest too. Probably not big gains left to be made but they have an exciting schedule of content planned out that I think will in particular help their share in the streaming market grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kramyerac

I see Revolut have announced no further buys on AMC or GME :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Unable to buy GME or AMC Revolut anymore. The game is rigged.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Interesting alert on Revolut

Trading Update for GME and AMC
    Unfortunately, our broker-dealer in the US, DriveWealth, can no longer offer Buys on GameStop (NYSE: GME) and AMC Entertainment (NYSE: AMC) due to increased capital requirements set by the Depository Trust Company (DTC) in the US.

While we apologise for the inconvenience this may cause, this is not a decision Revolut has made. As DriveWealth is our broker-dealer, we can only reflect the stocks they make available. We will however keep you informed as and when this situation changes.

For customers with no holdings in these 2 stocks, neither GME nor AMC will appear in search. Please check the email we are sending out to all Revolut Trading Ltd customers for additional information about this situation.

Capital at risk. Share prices can go up as well as down and you may get back less than what you initially paid.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Thanks.

Crowdstrike are on my watch list too. I was just a bit concerned about going too heavy on cyber security. The ETF and Solarwinds will be 50-60% of my investment. Amazon + optional 4th will be the rest.

EDIT: Actually I should also add that Disney is of interest too. Probably not big gains left to be made but they have an exciting schedule of content planned out that I think will in particular help their share in the streaming market grow.

Disney are a great company in my opinion, if you look at its share price pre-covid, this was in a time when Disney Plus did not even exist. The theme parks they run are huge revenue generators so when these open you can expect some nice increases.

• Advertisement

. The game is rigged.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Shorting opportunity I'd imagine for anyone doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Gave up on Revolut stocks last week due to lack of stocks available. I was interested in 6 stocks last week and only one of them was on Revolut.

Switched to eToro and T212 as offer more diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

"Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
    Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
    Everybody knows the war is over
    Everybody knows the good guys lost
    Everybody knows the fight was fixed
    The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
    That's how it goes
    Everybody knows"

Leonard Cohen

Rigged to absolute f***

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

What if that 500$ last week was the squeeze.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Lovely 20day moving average pullback setup for both UMC and AQB today for anyone interested in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Interesting alert on Revolut

Trading Update for GME and AMC
    Unfortunately, our broker-dealer in the US, DriveWealth, can no longer offer Buys on GameStop (NYSE: GME) and AMC Entertainment (NYSE: AMC) due to increased capital requirements set by the Depository Trust Company (DTC) in the US.

While we apologise for the inconvenience this may cause, this is not a decision Revolut has made. As DriveWealth is our broker-dealer, we can only reflect the stocks they make available. We will however keep you informed as and when this situation changes.

For customers with no holdings in these 2 stocks, neither GME nor AMC will appear in search. Please check the email we are sending out to all Revolut Trading Ltd customers for additional information about this situation.

Capital at risk. Share prices can go up as well as down and you may get back less than what you initially paid.

Just came on to say Revolut won't let me buy AMC. Pretty shocking stuff going on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah the squeeze ain't over if they're still trying to kill of the buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was going to short GME on cmc markets but not allowed.

lots of volume so far already, over 8 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

eToro again auto closed my GME based on Take Loss which I never set.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

image.png

My portfolio going into 2021, looking to reduce my Pfizer %, sell Urban One (got rid of my UAA stock last week at 18 from 9 entry) Looking for openings in NET/CRSP/NNND to hold while building up cash.

Since January was so insane I decided to go more insane myself starting off Feb.

From my previous chart, I've sold ->

Profit - AMC, Sundial Growers, Urban One, Aeterna Zentaris, Edesa Biotech, Merck KGaA, NIO, XpresSpa Group, ING Groep, Upwork, Zosano Pharma Corp, Castor Maritime

Breakeven - MIND C.T.I. Ltd, Geron Corp, Blackberry, Uber, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, AMD

Loss - Sabra Health Care, Alpha Pro Tech Ltd, VMWare

image.png

I've gone full on into Argo Blockchain and IOTA (Crypto) - since I feel these would veer away from the point of this thread I won't discuss them.

GLOG has earnings from Q4 2020 on the 5th Feb - Jefferies Financial Group Inc. raised this to a $5.50 buy rating. This is a hold for a few Qs for me, in at $4.

SMT - Reduced my position in it - will probably sell, far too much weight on Tesla and if a correction comes, all the overhit players will come down.

Letting the SPACs play out. Took profit on Nano, looking for another opening there. I'm hoping weakness doesn't start to show in the markets over covid concerns in the next few months (variant spikes, poor vaccine rollout etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Timing belt

dan786 wrote: »
    What if that 500$ last week was the squeeze.....

Maybe that is why people were warning others to be careful last week and were not just being killjoys trying to ruin the party.

Very new to this as stated so I don't know if I'm reading charts right, but seems to have been a massive buy in the millions at open?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Revolut Blocking AMC and GME buys *through their dealer

Maybe that is why people were warning others to be careful last week and were not just being killjoys trying to ruin the party.

Warning people is one thing, being a smug, sour faced cnut is another.

We all know who played which role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

GME
    115.67-109.33 (-48.59%)

AMC
    7.75-5.55 (-41.73%)

I picked up some AMC yesterday at $13.80

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

<GME> <AMC> <KOSS>

I cashed out at opening today - after all that broke even - greed was my downfall on this one but lucky to come away even.

Also my predictions are crap for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

• Advertisement

Kilboor wrote: »
    Same for me:

Holding ANVS and looking to add to
    Holding Baozun for earnings run up

Big position in Providence Resources. Bond news soon.

Sin é

ANVS flying now. I should stop waiting for dips to add. :rolleyes:

Advertisement