Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

RIGOLO wrote: »
    So I ran OCGN by my bio pharma adviser , the wifey, shes not just good for telling me how the queues at COSTCO are .
    Anyways I still like the sound of OCGN, their tie up with BHARAT Pharma and a traditional vaccine approach using inactivated virus to train the immune system to fight off Covid.
    Ive never been sold on this mRNA technology, still relatively unproven. To some degree Covid vaccines based on mRNA is just a giant experiment to validate the underlying technology, its got little todo with beating Covid, this was a golden chance for companies developing mRNA tech to trial this on a mass scale.

So the missus was reading some recent papers from MIT on mRNA, specifically the Young lab . It was a lab across the hall from the lab she worked in in MIT so shes well familiar with the providence.
    In laymans terms theres still lots to learn on RNA transcription, still some debate on how mRNA vaccines stop this process , questions about the need to add this extra step to introduce the protein , how did 20 years of tailoring mRNA medicine suddenly make the breakthru in 6 months and also the fact like any process in a factory this synthesis in the body does not always do what it is suppossed to do.

BTW neither of us are anti-vaxs, herself tracked the kids vaccines religiously and scoffs at anti-vaxers but given a Nobel prize winner at MIT once asked her to teach his students her stuff, Im okay with OCGN as a punt that the winner on COVID vaccines may still be a late runner using traditional approach that doesnt breakthru until mid to late 2021 . Patients and Patience are in play on this one.

So Mrs Rigolo has really come up trumps today, up well over 100% and only going one way (for the moment at least), respect
    Trading now halted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone think CCIV is too expensive now?, getting serious FOMO here waiting it bang out 10%+ gains day after day, I see people saying this could be three digits if the Lucid rumour verifies, cool my jets?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

cc87 wrote: »
    Make that 75%:P

Make that 100% - whoever made that recommendation a few months ago... thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cc87 wrote: »
    Make that 75%:P

Halted at 106%

• Advertisement

I hope that guy who was on here talking about buying 2k yesterday didn't go through with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Kamu

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    So Mrs Rigolo has really come up trumps today, up well over 100% and only going one way (for the moment at least), respect
    Trading now halted

We could have used this man the last few weeks.
    Shows that proper research will have an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

Trading now halted

A genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Alright, broke the $121 wall, volume yesterday 36.6 million, volume today already more than half that.

Let's see what everyone else is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

I hope that guy who was on here talking about buying 2k yesterday didn't go through with it.

reddit initially got the better of Wall Street, there is still allof of people on reddit saying their buying (seen that yesterday too) - some buying into GME/AMC way too high imo..there on the front line here.
    tracking live feed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_nielyrOwU

• Advertisement

MikeSoys wrote: »
    reddit initially got the better of Wall Street, there is still allof of people on reddit saying their buying (seen that yesterday too) - some buying into GME/AMC way too high imo..there on the front line here.
    tracking live feed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_nielyrOwU

Braver than I...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Robson99

NAKD getting a hammering as well. Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

Trading now halted

I've only just noticed this! I owe Ms. Rigolo here - I bought purely on that recommendation. I miss Rigolo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

its game over now for the ten bagger hopefuls

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Only if you bought above 50.... which i did :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

GME now being defended from the trenches. Wasn't allowed to dip below $100.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Who are the ten bagger hopefuls your referring to? Can't imagine you are hoping some boardsies who share a community with you have lost a **** load of money. Presume I'm misunderstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Prunty wrote: »
    Who are the ten bagger hopefuls your referring to? Can't imagine you are hoping some boardsies who share a community with you have lost a **** load of money. Presume I'm misunderstanding

we all win some and lose some. Hoping others lose some is bad form.

Happy to admit if/when i'm wrong on some calls. this one is still ongoing.

edit -not suggesting Prunty is hoping others lose.

i really need to close the browser windows and do some actual work. but im noticing the selling trading volumn on GME and AMC are looking similar -im sure there is no hedge funds working togets to sqeeze out the retail investor,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

i really need to close the browser windows and do some actual work. but im noticing the selling trading volumn on GME and AMC are looking similar -im sure there is no hedge funds working togets to sqeeze out the retail investor,

Never, sure the rules are well laid out by the regulatory bodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

And under 100 it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

GME now being defended from the trenches. Wasn't allowed to dip below $100.

$100 broken now. $94

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Saw a comparison for yesterday and the graphs for AMC and GME are close to identical

Prunty wrote: »

more like presuming

ive no hope or ambition for anyone to loose , those who bought under $30 achieved a ten bag , those dreams are now over for anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

daheff wrote: »
    we all win some and lose some. Hoping others lose some is bad form.

Happy to admit if/when i'm wrong on some calls. this one is still ongoing.

edit -not suggesting Prunty is hoping others lose.

I'm not hoping anyone loses money. I was asking the question of the previous poster. There have been a few tense exchanges in this sub, some regulars with their backs up because Johnny come latelies - like myself - have ventured in for some insight. I'd hope someone isn't kicking people when they're down out of spite and an 'I told you so' attitude that is shameful.

Everyone in this thread posted in here for the first time at some stage whether it was this week, two months ago or the day it was started. Bad form insulting people and scaring them off because of what? A lack of knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

thomas 123 wrote: »
    <GME> <AMC> <KOSS>

I cashed out at opening today - after all that broke even - greed was my downfall on this one but lucky to come away even.

Also my predictions are crap for sure.

I'm sure this is scant consolation for you investors but you were on the right side of history here. Regardless of any 'well if you look at it in its entirety' etc. analyses, what was exposed here - in such a plain and obvious way which never really came across for the average person with the complicated derivatives of 2008 imo - was astounding. And this may not even be over surely.

That it will probably end up with the American taxpayer/worker actually paying for this level of naked greed backed by such obvious corruption only compounds the effect. That Americans seem to put up with such brutal treatment in almost all aspects of their civic lives with little actual revolt outside burning down their own neighbourhoods occasionally, well that's an issue they'll have to fix themselves imo.

But from someone watching this from the sidelines it was (is?) amazing. Terrifying if you still hold out any faith for 'liberal democracy' but there's so many nails being hammered into that coffin these days all that's left is splinters - any dragging out of this into the light is genuinely appreciated by me. Seismic moment and we all know who was cheated. Beginning not an end hopefully.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Saw a comparison for yesterday and the graphs for AMC and GME are close to identical

Silver was up on speculation so allow HF to cover for the GME shorts - allegedly.
    they done this for CRH after the fininacial crash, price was up and down by a euro a day(i was surfing those waves for a month) -1k a day profit ent bad(buy 1k at €18 and sell at €19)... all we can do is ride the waves if we can catch em...but holding for the long term is always best though.

$60 provides support for GME , if it doesnt hold , could drop to low thirties today

bought 6 there @$78 there for the craic , thankfully made a grand last week so can afford to mess around , sold BBBY earlier for a $250 loss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Supercell wrote: »
    Anyone think CCIV is too expensive now?, getting serious FOMO here waiting it bang out 10%+ gains day after day, I see people saying this could be three digits if the Lucid rumour verifies, cool my jets?

hmm I dunno, its my biggest hold after NIO so props up the daily NIO loses this week and then some. The upside from here could be huge, no $10 spac has gone near this far without a target so the upside could be $60-100. Some of it might still depend on this wsb thing. If you were lucid you would wait until it dies down so maybe Monday or longer.

Do I wish I still bought more at $18-20 range yes
    Would I buy at $28-30 no (only because the small chance it doesn't get done.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I cant see why anyone would sell this low. Most retail investors hopped on after th 200$/300$ marks so why would they be selling at huge losses.

Advertisement