Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dan786 wrote: »
    I cant see why anyone would sell this low. Most retail investors hopped on after th 200$/300$ marks so why would they be selling at huge losses.

To prevent a bigger loss

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Revolut not allowing GME or AMC buys now !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Brian201888

dan786 wrote: »
    I cant see why anyone would sell this low. Most retail investors hopped on after th 200$/300$ marks so why would they be selling at huge losses.

Shorts can cover at this price so no hope of it getting back to those levels, it's over

Good fightback from AMC, dropped to $6.13 and back now to $7

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Shorts can cover at this price so no hope of it getting back to those levels, it's over

exactly they can cover at this price and then if they suddenly rush in to do so that could well spike it again.

It depends on how many are already covered though which there are many different theories on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I sold 20% of my $AMC last week at $16. Covered my initial investment/gamble.
    Still holding the remaining 80% which is free money now no matter what I sell for. Though should have sold at 15s last week. Got greedy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Good fightback from AMC, dropped to $6.13 and back now to $7

i wonder if all the reddit/retail actually didnt sell any stock for a few hrs what would the graph look like

Right folks, not good.

Glad I only bought 1.5 GME @230 so no horrible losses. The question is now should I just keep holding, or cut my losses? Decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    hmm I dunno, its my biggest hold after NIO so props up the daily NIO loses this week and then some. The upside from here could be huge, no $10 spac has gone near this far without a target so the upside could be $60-100. Some of it might still depend on this wsb thing. If you were lucid you would wait until it dies down so maybe Monday or longer.

Do I wish I still bought more at $18-20 range yes
    Would I buy at $28-30 no (only because the small chance it doesn't get done.)

Thanks, thats good advise, FOMO never served me well, i should have gotten in earlier instead of watching it get here, there will always be another stock to get in on, will sit this one out for now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes but the whole point here is that when they cover there will be a huge spike.

• Advertisement

Right folks, not good.

Glad I only bought 1.5 GME @230 so no horrible losses. The question is now should I just keep holding, or cut my losses? Decisions.

you've already lost the bulk of what you are going to, like at this stage do you care if you go from -150 to -200

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Also AMC up16% rumor it's next inline for the wall Street bets treatment so will open a small position.

Complete gamble looking at fundamentals however for 2021 fundamentals seem to have been replaced by retail investors deciding to not let a "Great American institution" die.
    Bought 700 shares when I wrote this on the 25th at 4.64 sold 100 at 16 and the remaining 600 today at 8 overall gain of 3.2k so I think I played it well .

My gain could have been about 10k but that's the game.

Once I seen Dave Portnoy sell out who was a big cheerleader I knew the game was up. Will have a look at price closer to closing bell hoping for a bounce tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

RH has raised their buy limit to 100 as of a little while ago so interesting to see if that has an affect.

Above 100 again

VinLieger wrote: »
    you've already lost the bulk of what you are going to, like at this stage do you care if you go from -150 to -200
    Not really. If there will still be entertainment in it for the rest of the week I'd be inclined to hold... but if all the drama is done now then what's the point?

GME was my first ever stock and it has been fun overall. Like another poster said (sorry I can't remember your name) I have barely thought about Covid at all.

I have also learned some valuable lessons, both in terms of what not to do, and also learning a lot about terminology, markets, stock etc. Stuff I had no clue about a week ago.

Perhaps this is the foundation for what will hopefully be some much more responsible (and profitable) investing (rather than hype based gambling) in future. Delighted though that I was strict with myself in terms of what I put in and kept any losses meaningless in monetary terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

They could gave also doubled up other shorts at the high share price. Either way they're winning on a drop in share price.
    They may have even traded on the up side too.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

The Reddit thread is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I feel a little bit sorry for that guy who went from 50k-40m+. He's still up millions but I feel like he's surely been influenced even the slightest bit by Reddit pressing home the hold narrative.

Coneygree wrote: »
    I feel a little bit sorry for that guy who went from 50k-40m+. He's still up millions but I feel like he's surely been influenced even the slightest bit by Reddit pressing home the hold narrative.

God... I would have bailed out long before that value!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Link?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

People are saying now that GME is on NYSE short restriction list meaning it can no longer be shorted.

Share price halted on the way up at 120

AMC also recovering gone above 8$ again

Over 130 now, did I say the drama was over?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

I think people are lost in the sauce if they think reddit/wsd can actually pump a tire let alone stock market...

Halted again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Up to 137 now, damn you Revolut!!!

SmokyMo wrote: »
    I think people are lost in the sauce if they think reddit/wsd can actually pump a tire let alone stock market...

So the last 10 days didn't happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Coneygree wrote: »

Im sure hes well out and pushing the hold narrative so he can dump the last few of his stock

• Advertisement

Get out the rockets lads, we're off

Advertisement