Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    i bought six GME @$78 earlier , would have been a nice scalp in less than half an hour @$150

I thought you were giving general advice and advising people to cut their losses. Apologies.

I got in @ $36. I know people who bought @ $400+. Everyone is different but I would hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Edesa Biotech announced 14million in funding. SP popped to 7.82 back down to 6.50~ truly a heartbreak of a stock but it seems it will go the length, looking forward to when the results of EB05 come out. 30% of it's shares are shorted which is what I imagine always drags it back down. Could easily become a 15-20$ stock with the right support. Will keep holding any way, its my emotional rollercoaster stock

Chinese Whospers are you still in?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

LC134 wrote: »
    Would also be interested in hearing people’s thoughts on this. I don’t have any stop losses but will need to introduce soon as I contribute more money to the investment pot.

I think there will be abit of a pull back, but don’t see it happening for another 18-24 months unless wallstreetsbets keep actioning the pyramid type share schemes.

Listened to a good podcast yesterday (poundingthetable), were he talked about his portfolio and setting it up to limit the damage a downturn could cause. Worth a listen.

Reading the comments in WSB I can't help but wonder if personal credit defaults will pop up in 90 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

treatyman wrote: »
    People talk about this bubble we are currently in regarding stock prices. I am interested to find out do people have stop losses in place for their entire portfolio?

I have a pretty diverse portfolio at the moment with 30 different stocks. I don't have any stop losses in place so feel very vulnerable.

What's people strategy on this? Stop loss at break even price for each holding?

Not at all, I've been in stocks for about 5 years, never set a stop loss. Stop losses just lock in losses. The biggest gainers are the volatile stocks, something like Teledoc pulled back a good bit towards the second half of last year, but took off this year. You have to stay involved, no point in trying to guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Akesh wrote: »
    I thought you were giving general advice and advising people to cut their losses. Apologies.

I got in @ $36. I know people who bought @ $400+. Everyone is different but I would hold.

the squeeze is over , game of musical chairs now or at least the countdown to it

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

People holding AMC are ye selling tonight or brave enough to hold for another night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

CCIV is doing amazing considering no official announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Treppen wrote: »
    Pull up a chair buddy ... I could tell you a long story going back to 2017...

Or just buy Aphria ... Although its around an all time high now, maybe it'll break through. A few years ago I tipped it at 17 which didn't go to well but it's back again.

Medipharm is getting positive interest again.

Greenrose Acquisition Corp if youd like to take a punt on some mysterious purchase in the future. Someone mentioned it a while back so I jumped on the hypetrain. They have a few more months before making the purchase yet so who knows.

Have a look at r/weedstocks for the next hype train.

USA market is just to diverse at the moment so there's many small players.

People are loving Cresco Labs but I can't see them on Degiro right now (only EUR Frankfurt)

I would also look at Akerna. I bought in around 3 weeks ago and I’m up 37%.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Reading the comments in WSB I can't help but wonder if personal credit defaults will pop up in 90 days or so.

cronos wrote:

Cciv doing great . Bought at $14 and went in again today @28. I wonder what the possibilities are for share price if merger announced ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

cronos wrote: »

LOI better come through now or there'll be carnage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Edesa Biotech announced 14million in funding. SP popped to 7.82 back down to 6.50~ truly a heartbreak of a stock but it seems it will go the length, looking forward to when the results of EB05 come out. 30% of it's shares are shorted which is what I imagine always drags it back down. Could easily become a 15-20$ stock with the right support. Will keep holding any way, its my emotional rollercoaster stock

Chinese Whospers are you still in?

I'm in for a bit send us a pm when something interesting happens.

AmberGold wrote: »
    LOI better come through now or there'll be carnage!

There was always going to be carnage. My average is 16 but I was hoping to add more on announcement. Sadly the numbers are getting run up in advance. Tempted to add more and up the average. Keeping an eye on it.

I would also look at Akerna. I bought in around 3 weeks ago and I’m up 37%.

The old picks n' shovels eh!

I might wait for rednesday lol

Trying to confirm my bias for some positive stories on PSTH Spac but there's not much love for it out there. Is it because their choice is just not going to be sexy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

cronos wrote: »

Yes indeed great rise, I only have a small holding in my portfolio and should have bought more over the past week but got distracted by all the other nonsense going on. Stellar performance and here's hoping for more!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

CCIV absolutely blowing up. Up 33%. The street just expect this to be announced very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

CCIV absolutely blowing up. Up 33%. The street just expect this to be announced very soon.

Will be some serious carnage if it falls through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

crushproof wrote: »
    Yes indeed great rise, I only have a small holding in my portfolio and should have bought more over the past week but got distracted by all the other nonsense going on. Stellar performance and here's hoping for more!

I got in at 13 and watching it fly today. Wonder what's driving it and what next .I don't want to be greedy so may put some limits in .

CAstudent wrote: »
    Will be some serious carnage if it falls through!

The more it's going up the more I'm thinking it's too big to fail. They will never be able to raise funds again from retail investors anyway. SPAC's will be closed for them forever.

• Advertisement

MAJJ wrote: »
    I got in at 13 and watching it fly today. Wonder what's driving it and what next .I don't want to be greedy so may put some limits in .

As long as that deal goes through the only way is up. But that's a big caveat alright, I'd prefer risk the loss than miss the upside personally. But my average is 16. Hard to know if I was buying in at this level. I feel like it's too big to fail, but I'm still not adding as it's a good portion of my portfolio, but it's outperforming everything by miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

CCIV up 33% mad stuff. The Stocktwits seem to reckon the announcement of Lucid is Friday, this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

hottipper wrote: »
    Is vxrt broken for you today also? It should be up 30% today but price hasn't moved on degiro.
    Degiro having some issues with their price feed - VXRT is +30% today, could be a nice spin on this one if the press conference this week goes well

Up 50%+ again today....as COVID is likely around for a while a vaccine that can be distributed in pill form rather than injection has massive appeal. If this gets regulatory approval, who knows where the price goes. A few hurdles in the way before that happens but upside here is big

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Treppen wrote: »
    Pull up a chair buddy ... I could tell you a long story going back to 2017...

Or just buy Aphria ... Although its around an all time high now, maybe it'll break through. A few years ago I tipped it at 17 which didn't go to well but it's back again.

Medipharm is getting positive interest again.

Greenrose Acquisition Corp if youd like to take a punt on some mysterious purchase in the future. Someone mentioned it a while back so I jumped on the hypetrain. They have a few more months before making the purchase yet so who knows.

Have a look at r/weedstocks for the next hype train.

USA market is just to diverse at the moment so there's many small players.

People are loving Cresco Labs but I can't see them on Degiro right now (only EUR Frankfurt)

Thanks
    Medipharma seems high risk but Aphria and Sundial added in watch list (both available on degiro). Will wait for a dip in near future and hopefully I get the timings right.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

I’m looking for a stock but it’s not on trading 212, do retail apps such as t212 even list them?

Ticker SEYE on Nasdaq does anyone know.

Smart eye ab? It's on degiro. Not on NASDAQ just Stockholm index

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I can't believe the amounts of money some of these people have put in. There's life changing amounts .
    .and not for one or two people...loads of posts with large amounts invested.

If for no other reason I'd like the price to recover so these people can get out without a huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭peterofthebr

Andy Jassy to become amazon ceo-Jeff Bezos to enjoy life as one of us(expect he's a Billionaire) although he's holding onto his office dog tag in case Andy goes rogue

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Edesa went to 35% and finished -3% what in the absolute ****.

On the plus side who ever tipped Annovis Bio here thank you, up 91% in about a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Robson99

Dartkerry wrote: »
    Vaxart, Inc. (VXRT) make flu vaccines in pill form. Will have a press conference next week with their CEO and Dr. Fauchi regarding a Covid vaccine pill. Which the WHO has said is needed to vaccinate the whole world. Seems interesting, though it has blown up 30% today. I am in @ 11.32.

Good shout. Going well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

I’m looking for a stock but it’s not on trading 212, do retail apps such as t212 even list them?

Ticker SEYE on Nasdaq does anyone know.

Interesting didn't know this existed thanks for posting
    i was looking at TOBII but this may be a good alternative also.

Advertisement