Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Timmaay wrote: »
    Luckin Coffee (sorry for mentioning it again lol, I'm finally over my PTSD on it), -46%, whats happening now lol?

Declared bankruptcy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Everyone's favourite stock is up 55%.

But still back 500% from its peak lol. And if you bought at the peak, and suffered that -500%, it will take alot of +55%s to ever get back there lol (I've been there with some cryptos and other growth stocks along the way lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Where have you tried buying it from?

Not buyable on DEGIRO right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Luckin Coffee (sorry for mentioning it again lol, I'm finally over my PTSD on it), -46%, whats happening now lol?

In memoriam of RIGOLO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Can someone tell me how I recognise meme stocks so I can stay away from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Luckin Coffee Files Bankruptcy in U.S., Will Keep Shops Open

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

GME threw me one last bone

bought a $90 call ( which expires today ) yesterday near the close for $105 when the stock was @$54

sold today for $550 when it touched $90

made up for the losses this week from either buying options or a handful of shares

thing has now made me $1250 in total between options and physical which while not impressive , its nice to not loose while having a bit of involvement in all of the craziness

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ad sector is the new EV at the moment, yolo'd into KBNT today, feel that one will have its turn soon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Supercell wrote: »
    Ad sector is the new EV at the moment, yolo'd into KBNT today, feel that one will have its turn soon.

Fook ya, I don't yolo but you made me yolo just there ha, I was looking at it earlier also.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

skillz jumped 20%+ yesterday after a deal with the NFL was announced. I looked into them when I saw a few people had picked them in the stock picking contest and bought some. Up another 4% today..

Also mentioning Etsy, its been growing solidly for several months - and the current situation in the US is ideal for it to keep growing. I think this is great business - plus it got a positive Musk tweet recently... never hurts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Managed to buy there on 212 the Immunocore shares.

But still lol back 500% from its peak lol. And if lol you bought at the peak, and suffered lol that -500%, it will take lol alot of +55%s to ever get lol back there lol (I've been there with some cryptos and other growth lol stocks along the way lol)

I think you didn't have enough lol. I fixed up your post.

Is this forum full of smugeratti? It's kind of sad to see people trying to laugh at the misfortune of others. My parents taught me not to do that. But I'm aware that not everyone has a great upbringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

GME is the best entertainment in a long while. ;)

GME reminds me of one of Elon Musks rockets, blasts off with hype and hope then crashes back down in flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

neris wrote: »
    start shorting FBD judgment gone against them in the case taken by the pubs

Dont take my advice, another wrong call

neris wrote: »
    GME reminds me of one of Elon Musks rockets, blasts off with hype and hope then crashes back down in flames.

Except SpaceX have landed dozens of rockets, more than any other space company or sovereign agency.

Good analogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Thomasirl123

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    GME threw me one last bone

bought a $90 call ( which expires today ) yesterday near the close for $105 when the stock was @$54

sold today for $550 when it touched $90

made up for the losses this week from either buying options or a handful of shares

thing has now made me $1250 in total between options and physical which while not impressive , its nice to not loose while having a bit of involvement in all of the craziness

Where did you buy the option maxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

Plymouth Rock technologies what do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

OCGN just hit new high. Wasn’t expecting that today as I saw reference to J&J vaccine submission of application in the news

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

Guys what do you think of Plymouth rock technologies?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Where did you buy the option maxx?

do you mean which broker am i with ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

LC134 wrote: »
    OCGN just hit new high. Wasn’t expecting that today as I saw reference to J&J vaccine submission of application in the news

Cruising up to an hour ago, somebody pushed the button and it just took off

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

These things almost always play out the same way. Tax payer bailout. Too important to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Cute Hoor wrote:
    Cruising up to an hour ago, somebody pushed the button and it just took off

On fire. What's the reason for it surging ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Thanks to whoever said OCGN, got in at $1.67

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

kippy wrote: »
    These things almost always play out the same way. Tax payer bailout. Too important to fail.

Well if there’s an eventual tax payer bailout then we ain’t seeing it in the share price yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭1percent

Guys, have the nut jobs hijacked OCGN as their new play thing now GME is last weeks news? it's up over 50% today! Thanks Mrs RIGOLO,

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

bish76 wrote: »
    Bought and sold GEVO within a week 20% up.
    Opened Carnival and Royal Dutch shell on Monday. Will hold these though Carnival up 5%. Thinking of buying intrest in Airlines. Any suggestions please.

I am in Gevo, just wondering if you rate them since u sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

On fire. What's the reason for it surging ?

Not sure. HC Wainwright also issued something about a PT of $4.50 but a PT from some Roth Capital entity was $8. I just saw it hit 5.90 and came back down.

I’m not sure how to play it. I wanted in for a little more before today. Now I don’t know whether to take some profits and then patiently try get back in. Knowing my luck FDA approval would come in while I am trying to do it....

EDIT: I decided to sell about 25% to take some profit but after setting the order and seeing it go through saw this might be subject to some WSB or similar hype and worries maybe I’d sold off too much...repurchased my stake at same price about 2 minutes before close 🙄. Messed up the cost basis tracker in my account but maybe for the best as AH it’s going still so Monday could be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

OCGN flying since they announced a partnership to release a covid vaccine in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Bigbooty wrote:
    OCGN flying since they announces partnership to release a covid vaccine in the US.

I wonder is it a hold or take some profit ?

Advertisement