Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Timmaay wrote: »
    APPS is the biggest, but the horse has bolted after they blew earnings out of the water last week, defo too much too soon, wait for it to come back into that channel it's been trading in for last 8months. Peri and MGNI similar 2bh, put them on your watch list and wait for the next pullback to 20 or 50day ma. (I added add of theses during the 2 minor Jan corrections, capitol hill and GME, be greedy when others are fearful ha.) FLNT quite abit more volatile, if it dips back towards 6.00 I'd be jumping back in. KBNT I'd say has the best setup at the min, it went on a wild run in dec (pump and dump for all I know), where it hit 10, it dropped back quickly but has nicely formed a base at 5.50 and is trending up again. TTD, PUGB, SCOR, ZDGE and tencent also showing up on stocktwits as being in a similar area for me, but I've done no homework on them yet.

I appreciate you taking the time to share, will review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Anyone know which forum's RIGOLO may be posting on ?

I thought he came back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I'd nearly donate to that fella just to leave a note telling him how much of a gob****e he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Closer to NAV the better. NAV usually around the $10 mark. I got into $CCIV at $12.20 and sold out when it hit $30. Those Lucid rumours are around a long time and if they are true, ya'd expect to see a pop on $CCIV. Likewise, could go down :D

Get in early if possible and scale out when it rises. Can always go back for more but at least ya have some €€€ in the pocket from it

Big pop in CCIV Friday. Confirmation of Lucid must be imminent. Just some last minute horse trading with the Saudi's (if you are to believe the bulletin boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Big pop in CCIV Friday. Confirmation of Lucid must be imminent. Just some last minute horse trading with the Saudi's (if you are to believe the bulletin boards)

I'm confident enough not to take profits personally. But I'm happy to lose the profits in favour of the potential upside. I think it will be a very quick rise on announcement (or decline on failure...).

• Advertisement

How do you treat SPACs when investing? Invest early based on rumors or wait until announced. I’m watching the $CCIV and lucid motors drama. Shares touched $35 on Friday.

Not all spac's are the same in the same way not all shares are the same. I've got a mix of ones where I just believe in the management teams where it's near NAV and ones like CCIV which I took based on momentum and knowing that anything that's legitimately in the tesla story conversation would do exceptionally well in the current market.

Rumours from Bloomberg seem quite close to official announcements based on their accuracy rates. But "in talks" is not the same as deal confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ha, I sold my 200 APPS for 5.89 same time, at least I got a slightly better price than you :p, but ugggghhhhhh yep fml. I was in apps again from 23 until 42 last summer, and only just got back in Jan for 50.

I think I got in about the same time as you at $23 and have held all the way. Been a great year for them, thanks to whoever it was that posted them up here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭circadian

Ocugen up 64% in after hours looking very strong at the minute. Got on around $3 thanks to a tip in here.

Through searches and analysis I keep seeing Castor Maritime popping up so I think I'll throw a small amount at it and see where I end up in a few weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

circadian wrote: »
    Ocugen up 64% in after hours looking very strong at the minute. Got on around $3 thanks to a tip in here.

Through searches and analysis I keep seeing Castor Maritime popping up so I think I'll throw a small amount at it and see where I end up in a few weeks or so.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/05/why-ocugen-stock-skyrocketed-today/

good read on future pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Looking for some opinions on going long on a couple of stocks.

Bank of Ireland seems to be gaining over the last two months but is still well shy of where it was 12 months ago. I know with low interest rates and having sold off a lot of their profitable business over the last 12 years they're going to struggle to make massive profits but I can't see it not going up and it's a pretty safe business from the point of view that if they didn't go belly up in 2008, they'll never be allowed to go to the wall.

Pfizer hasn't popped at all given they were first to the Western market with the vaccine. They've actually gone down over the last couple of months despite strong revenue projections for the coming year (even allowing for the vaccine associated revenue). The dividend yield is pretty attractive too (4.4% - $1.56 on a current price of $34.92). I'm thinking they're also fairly recession proof given that the price hasn't popped over the last couple of years in the same way other share prices have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

DeanAustin wrote: »

Bank of Ireland seems to be gaining over the last two months but is still well shy of where it was 12 months ago. I know with low interest rates and having sold off a lot of their profitable business over the last 12 years they're going to struggle to make massive profits but I can't see it not going up and it's a pretty safe business from the point of view that if they didn't go belly up in 2008, they'll never be allowed to go to the wall.

A quick scan of the financial statements says they're ****ed imo.

That and their inability to modernize effectively to compete with new challenger banks offering similar day-to-day products that are significantly cheaper and more efficient.

You're right that they won't fail but unless something significant changes I think they'll just fade into obscurity.

A quick scan of the financial statements says they're ****ed imo.

That and their inability to modernize effectively to compete with new challenger banks offering similar day-to-day products that are significantly cheaper and more efficient.

You're right that they won't fail but unless something significant changes I think they'll just fade into obscurity.

What worries you on the financial statements?

What worries you on the financial statements?

I only glanced over the last two years and the interim reports for 2020 so don't take it as gosphel.

Revenue is on the floor and dropping fast coupled with a large cost base.

I only glanced over the last two years and the interim reports for 2020 so don't take it as gosphel.

Revenue is on the floor and dropping fast coupled with a large cost base.

Thanks.

Revenue was up 31m on 2019 v 2018 while costs went down by 67m I think?

Didn't see the interim report for 2020 but would expect some impact from covid. Must go take a look.

Thanks.

Didn't see the interim report for 2020 but would expect some impact from covid. Must go take a look.

your correct actually revenue went up
    I was looking at the profit line, apologies; like I said only a quick glance at it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Pfizer hasn't popped at all given they were first to the Western market with the vaccine. They've actually gone down over the last couple of months despite strong revenue projections for the coming year (even allowing for the vaccine associated revenue). The dividend yield is pretty attractive too (4.4% - $1.56 on a current price of $34.92). I'm thinking they're also fairly recession proof given that the price hasn't popped over the last couple of years in the same way other share prices have.

bank of ireland is currently range bound between 2.80 and 3.50 , expect it to retest near 2.70 intraday in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Pfizer dividend for Feb 5, 2021 was $1.56. High by other standards.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/PFE/pfizer/dividend-yield-history

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Pfizer dividend for Feb 5, 2021 was $1.56. High by other standards.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/PFE/pfizer/dividend-yield-history

The dividend is a nice bonus. It'll cover my broker fees and then some with the other dividends I'm getting. They seem to be putting most of their eggs in the dividend basket rather than buying back stock which has its own drawbacks.

However, I'm more thinking of investing because I think the price has got to move up at some stage. The business is in good shape, projected sales are strong and they're a very stable business. They're sort of towards the middle to the lower end of the share price range over the last 5 years too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Thanks.

A Irish bank could still go to the wall from a shareholders point of view.... just because it didn't happen in 2008 doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. The difference this time around is that once the shareholders funds are gone and the bank goes technically bust the MREL debt that they have issued will convert and re-capitalise the bank. I am not saying they will go bust but just pointing out that it can happen.

My personal view is that the bank will struggle for a few years with the negative rates gradually eroding their Net interest margins. In an effort to stay profitable they will go on a cost cutting exercise that will damage the banks ability to offer better service while the Fintech companies compete with them from a much cheaper cost basis.

There is a thread on BOI shares that you might find interesting if you are considering investing https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056460512&page=75

Pfizer haven't moved at all in a few years and you're thinking of investing? Is it just a place to wtore your money and get a dividend? That's the only logic I'd get from investing there.

Their vaccine was first, but it's not best. Others are as effective, one shot, and doesn't need minus 70 freezers. I'd prefer a company that innovates and creates the best, rather than gets the first to market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I ave worked for a number of Irish banks and wouldn't invest in any of them. However, BOI is the worst, it is so far behind the others in tech, which are already behind most other businesses as banks are archaic, and is a mess of red tape and middle management. Their recent €6 flat monthly fee didn't go down well either and has seen them shed thousands of customers.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Pfizer haven't moved at all in a few years and you're thinking of investing? Is it just a place to wtore your money and get a dividend? That's the only logic I'd get from investing there.

Their vaccine was first, but it's not best. Others are as effective, one shot, and doesn't need minus 70 freezers. I'd prefer a company that innovates and creates the best, rather than gets the first to market

Fair points. It’s not for the dividend. That’s just a bonus. They have a solid pipeline of new drugs, have spun off some of the ones that weren’t making money and the vaccine should make them a few quid. All those factors combined make me think the share price won’t tank and will likely go up at some stage. I don’t expect massive growth but over a few years, I’d expect a decent return on it.

retalivity wrote: »
    I ave worked for a number of Irish banks and wouldn't invest in any of them. However, BOI is the worst, it is so far behind the others in tech, which are already behind most other businesses as banks are archaic, and is a mess of red tape and middle management. Their recent €6 flat monthly fee didn't go down well either and has seen them shed thousands of customers.

Can back this from a personal view.
    Once I got hit with that monthly charge I paid off the remainder of what was left of a small loan and closed all my accounts with them.

Whoever thought that was a good idea when you can get a revolut or n26 account for free needs to be fired.
    Really shooting themselves in the foot with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Folks, does anyone recommend seeking alpha premium or any other similar services , motley fool (not sure I like their mail style).

I've made fortunate gains from tips here,THANKS, and a number of promising plays with unrealized gains , CCIV, carnival, Nova, PTSH, Virgin galactic. All risky I know and have other solid stocks.

MAJJ wrote: »
    Folks, does anyone recommend seeking alpha premium or any other similar services , motley fool (not sure I like their mail style).
    I like MyWallSt. Think a lot on ehre subscribe to them. Fairly simple layout. List of about 40/50 stocks to pick from, and a stock of the month every month that's on fire at the moment. It's the best 80 euro you'll ever spend

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Watching a stock called High Tide on Stocktwits, listed in CAD exchange: weed company, up 33% on Friday, sees the potential to go higher this week; properly ideal for short term gain ...Davys not carrying it, have to wait till mid week before they do, before latching onto it.

Just thought to share it.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

The dividend is a nice bonus. It'll cover my broker fees and then some with the other dividends I'm getting. They seem to be putting most of their eggs in the dividend basket rather than buying back stock which has its own drawbacks.

However, I'm more thinking of investing because I think the price has got to move up at some stage. The business is in good shape, projected sales are strong and they're a very stable business. They're sort of towards the middle to the lower end of the share price range over the last 5 years too.

Correct over the next year I think we will start to see positive movements in Pfizers share price, pfizer got rid of upjohn which generally made the off patent generic products, was essentially brining pfizer down while.The spinoff was already factored into share price when Pfizer owners got .12 viatris shares for every pfizer share so hence no real movement. The money is to be made on the new products in the pipeline which will be on patent.
    Pfizer expects to deliver a revenue compounded annual growth rate of at least 6% over the next five years following the spin-off of Upjohn. That's a lot better than what the company has generated in recent years. The projection is also a risk-adjusted figure, which means that Pfizer isn't banking on all of its pipeline candidates being successful.
    And the div yield of 5% or whatever it is attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jams100

Watching a stock called High Tide on Stocktwits, listed in CAD exchange: weed company, up 33% on Friday, sees the potential to go higher this week; properly ideal for short term gain ...Davys not carrying it, have to wait till mid week before they do, before latching onto it.

Just thought to share it.

But most cannabis stocks are on a high lately.

I'll get my coat...

retalivity wrote: »

I'm curious where would people recomend for a current account? I'm not a fan of the €6 per month either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cronos wrote: »
    I'm curious where would people recomend for a current account? I'm not a fan of the €6 per month either.

KBC. If you lodge more than €2,000 a month you get free banking from them.

Advertisement