Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Can back this from a personal view.
    Once I got hit with that monthly charge I paid off the remainder of what was left of a small loan and closed all my accounts with them.

Whoever thought that was a good idea when you can get a revolut or n26 account for free needs to be fired.
    Really shooting themselves in the foot with that.

Do you direct your salary and pay all your bills from Revolut? I've never considered doing that but I do hate that 6 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

cronos wrote: »
    Do you direct your salary and pay all your bills from Revolut? I've never considered doing that but I do hate that 6 euro.

If you want to transfer money into a broker like degiro you can't use revolut or n26 so its still not the complete answer just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

richie123 wrote: »
    If you want to transfer money into a broker like degiro you can't use revolut or n26 so its still not the complete answer just yet
    Degiro must be the exception. Most brokers will accept Revolut and N26.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭feelings

Anyone know how to get a stock listed quickly on DeGiro? CPUH IPO today on Nasdaq but not listed on DeGiro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

feelings wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get a stock listed quickly on DeGiro? CPUH IPO today on Nasdaq but not listed on DeGiro.

Email clients@degiro

But it takes a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I like MyWallSt. Think a lot on ehre subscribe to them. Fairly simple layout. List of about 40/50 stocks to pick from, and a stock of the month every month that's on fire at the moment. It's the best 80 euro you'll ever spend

Also, gives a seven day free trial. Have signed up , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Put a small punt on Valneva - a French Covid vaccine - supplying UK market - +37% so far. Heard about it in French press. Allez les blues..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

cc87 wrote: »

Explains the 8.60 pre market price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Explains the 8.60 pre market price

8.94 now (up 70%). I'm still new to this but I presume come market open, the bump is over. Is that the typical pattern, bump during pre-market and then it levels off (or dips) once the market opens as people cash in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

retalivity wrote: »
    I ave worked for a number of Irish banks and wouldn't invest in any of them. However, BOI is the worst, it is so far behind the others in tech, which are already behind most other businesses as banks are archaic, and is a mess of red tape and middle management. Their recent €6 flat monthly fee didn't go down well either and has seen them shed thousands of customers.

you cant even transfer money online with bank of ireland at the weekend

i mean WTF ?

Bacchus wrote: »
    8.94 now (up 70%). I'm still new to this but I presume come market open, the bump is over. Is that the typical pattern, bump during pre-market and then it levels off (or dips) once the market opens as people cash in?

Probably be a sharp drop in price over the first 20/30 minutes after the market opens.
    I expect this to come back again though. A lot of FOMO driving this stock up.

retalivity wrote: »
    I ave worked for a number of Irish banks and wouldn't invest in any of them. However, BOI is the worst, it is so far behind the others in tech, which are already behind most other businesses as banks are archaic, and is a mess of red tape and middle management. Their recent €6 flat monthly fee didn't go down well either and has seen them shed thousands of customers.

An example of how archaic they are. You cannot pay wages out of your BOI business online account by bulk transfer (rather than paying staff individually) without the directors taking out a personnel guarantee for the limit of the payment. EVEN if you have the funds in the account, because this file transfer payment is set up as a credit facility. 2021 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    you cant even transfer money online with bank of ireland at the weekend

i mean WTF ?

theres no clearing at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

OCGN on fire before the open again! Up another 70% pre-market on the back of an institutional sale at a purchase price of $7.65...
    Happy days - in at $1.80

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

I use N26 to tranfer money to DeGiro and it is very fast. Just did a transfer at 9:30 and in DeGiro at 10:30.

Both my N26 and DeGiro accounts have DE4 Ibans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Boohoo buying up Arcadia brands on top of Debenhams a few weeks ago. I got out before with a few quid profit but might go back in for long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Here's your list of CA options for Ireland

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-current-accounts/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Opening a position on GSK, hit a 3 year low on Friday. Steady & unsexy, paying a decent dividend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hoping this will finally be the PSTH announcement week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yes you can, In Degiro, go to Payments, Transfer, Bank Account, Add Beneficiary and add the Degiro account details

Almost feels like any company other than Stripe will lead to price drop with all the speculation.

Yes you can, In Degiro, go to Payments, Transfer, Bank Account, Add Beneficiary and add the Degiro account details

As far as I'm aware Degiro say you cannot use Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

That and CCIV for me.

Any way to predict a possible exit strategy. I can accept loss. In to CCIV at 13 and PSTH 25

Thanks, i've had to do that a few times already in the past. I was hoping to have it today though. Ah well.

Revolut doesn't have them listed either yet.
    Kilboor wrote: »
    Email clients@degiro

But it takes a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

cc87 wrote: »
    Almost feels like any company other than Stripe will lead to price drop with all the speculation.

My money is on Bebo lol! .... They did say they were looking for a Mature Unicorn afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭VW 1

As far as I'm aware Degiro say you cannot use Revolut.

Correct, opened an account with them last week and had to transfer from my boi account, Revolut was explicitly not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

An example of how archaic they are. You cannot pay wages out of your BOI business online account by bulk transfer (rather than paying staff individually) without the directors taking out a personnel guarantee for the limit of the payment. EVEN if you have the funds in the account, because this file transfer payment is set up as a credit facility. 2021 people.

Statements from Boi or AIB be they online paper business or personal accounts are absolutely pathetic. The can get away with so many things because Ireland is a closed shop.

• Advertisement

Revolut have said they cannot give me any information on trading services as they use a UK trading company and due to Brexit cannot help. Lovely.

Advertisement