Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

retalivity wrote: »
    Opening a position on GSK, hit a 3 year low on Friday. Steady & unsexy, paying a decent dividend
    Opened GSK and Pfizer. They are not trendy at the moment but huge potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

daheff wrote: »
    theres no clearing at weekends.

why not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ocugen 9.13

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    why not ?

Banks are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Banks are closed.

so why not allow automated clearance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

PLTR up 8% after a partnership with IBM announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Supercell wrote: »
    FLNT had a great day on Friday but I think there is plenty more to come, going to add on Monday along side some more KBNT if it dips at all, that one could really explode any day I feel.
    Thinking of selling my MARA, up a bit on it but anything BTC makes me uneasy and I dont like the stress of that. Will regret if BTC makes a new high next week of course, hope it does it this weekend before I can sell :)

Well, well, looks like I'll be holding on to my MARA a bit longer :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Anyone interested, there's a Interview with Cathie wood of Ark Investment on Yahoo finance. Discussion on various topics and some interesting picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    so why not allow automated clearance ?

nobody in the clearing houses are working at the weekend. If you had automated clearing then you would need to have people also working weekends. that adds cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tesla buying bitcoin has bumped Bitcoin up 12%

Bitcoin up 12% has bumped ARB up 20% and KR1 will be up the same by tomorrow.

Good man Elon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Well, well, looks like I'll be holding on to my MARA a bit longer :)

Haha looks like all the blockchain stocks are having a nice bounce. Incredible the influence one man has on the markets!

In other news I'm kicking myself for ignoring OCGN last week. Didn't think it rise much further.

As far as I'm aware Degiro say you cannot use Revolut.
    VW 1 wrote: »
    Correct, opened an account with them last week and had to transfer from my boi account, Revolut was explicitly not allowed.

That's odd, wasn't aware of that. I wouldn't think Degiro care where the incoming EFT comes from

Resisting the bitcoin pile on... Tesla bought 1.5 billion of it and will accept payment in bitcoin

Cant place orders on crappy Degiro again, keeps timing out, very frustrating.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Cant place orders on crappy Degiro again, keeps timing out, very frustrating.

Same here; a joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Same here; a joke!!

Have you tried the web page and app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

OCGN halted

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

PERI unstoppable , bought on monday $13.51, right now its $19.50..nice week, only regret is that i didnt go all in first time on PERI and now am afraid to commit more.

Off to the races again today. Got in back when you mentioned @ 15.18.

Have your started taking profit out of this? Starting to think 30% over 2 days is gonna come crashing back to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭endainoz

Resisting the bitcoin pile on... Tesla bought 1.5 billion of it and will accept payment in bitcoin

Amazing how this can cause such a market surge, affecting xrp positively as well. I guess this could be the start of other companies doing something similar?

endainoz wrote: »
    Amazing how this can cause such a market surge, affecting xrp positively as well. I guess this could be the start of other companies doing something similar?

It’s gonna be the main growth in Bitcoin for the next while. Square started it. Invested $50m I think it was and it doubled in a week. Every time a company buys it, they’re driving demand so makes it even more scarce

• Advertisement

You would have to think that if bitcoin looks at replacing regular money governments will step in. It's all far too risky for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

You would have to think that if bitcoin looks at replacing regular money governments will step in. It's all far too risky for me.

Would be great in third world countries where inflation is a problem.

pp_me wrote: »
    Off to the races again today. Got in back when you mentioned @ 15.18.

Have your started taking profit out of this? Starting to think 30% over 2 days is gonna come crashing back to earth.

I'm not selling before $50 , ER is tomorrow, if you are not in it long term you might want to consider that. Unless they blow the lid off ER its likely to dump a bit afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Bought 100 ocgn last week at 3.02. Up 300% noice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Upwork, CRSR and Ciena moving up nicely.

@Kilboor, thanks for the tip on Upwork.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Would be great in third world countries where inflation is a problem.
    Would it? Would be hard to properly run an economy and encourage economic development with zero control over monetary policy. Imagine not being able to buy bread because Elon Musk posted an anti bitcoin meme on twitter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭circadian

circadian wrote: »
    Ocugen up 64% in after hours looking very strong at the minute. Got on around $3 thanks to a tip in here.

Through searches and analysis I keep seeing Castor Maritime popping up so I think I'll throw a small amount at it and see where I end up in a few weeks or so.

Sold 25 Ocugen shares I got for $3.25 at $13.25 for a tidy profit there. The RSI flew into oversold and I got butterflies watching it launch into the $13 range so I sold off.

Bought Castor Maritime at open for $0.85, up 30% already today although showing some volatility I do think it'll pass the dollar mark within a few days.

Also, got titan medical at about $2.40 over a week ago, hoping to get a full dollar per share on that, slowly moving up but it may take a few more days.

I'm keeping an eye on Harley-Davidson, took a big hit last week but looks to be moving back up again, will wait to see if there's any resistance on the way up. If it can break $36 and hold it then I'll consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Thank god i stopped my OCGN sell order at $5, sold half at $12
    bought at 1.67, crypto level gains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Watching a stock called High Tide on Stocktwits, listed in CAD exchange: weed company, up 33% on Friday, sees the potential to go higher this week; properly ideal for short term gain ...Davys not carrying it, have to wait till mid week before they do, before latching onto it.

Just thought to share it.

It's moving nicely today (+35% already). Bit p!ssed I can't get in on it yet because, like you, I'm with Davy.

Advertisement