Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Upwork, CRSR and Ciena moving up nicely.

@Kilboor, thanks for the tip on Upwork.

Nice! UpWork definitely one of the easiest undervalue spots I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Love hearing the crazy gains stories, especially if someone if someone tipped earlier here, well done!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

DeanAustin wrote: »
    It's moving nicely today (+35% already). Bit p!ssed I can't get in on it yet because, like you, I'm with Davy.

Does anyone know how to see volumes on its CAD listing without access to a Bloomberg terminal? I bought some at a limit price and I’m afraid it didn’t execute but if I can see the volume of the trade then I know.

For now trade execution not confirmed in my account.

Does anyone know how to see volumes on its CAD listing without access to a Bloomberg terminal? I bought some at a limit price and I’m afraid it didn’t execute but if I can see the volume of the trade then I know.

For now trade execution not confirmed in my account.
    Not sure if you mean volume that's listed here? https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/HITI.V/
    Volume18,887,004

Not sure if you mean volume that's listed here? https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/HITI.V/
    Volume18,887,004

No I want to see the individual volume of every trade on the cad listing today. Easy on a BB terminal. Not sure of how to do it on the internet.

• Advertisement

No I want to see the individual volume of every trade on the cad listing today. Easy on a BB terminal. Not sure of how to do it on the internet.
    Something like this? https://money.tmx.com/en/quote/HITI/trade-history

Yeah that’s close but it’s limited to the last 100 trades or so.

It’s actually poxy because my broker only seems to allow limit trades instead of just buy the share at whatever price is in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone else buy Novavax, Inc.? I mentioned it end of Jan when it was around $130 but didn't buy till after 200$ myself, today its up to $330.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

RIGOLO wrote: »
    So I ran OCGN by my bio pharma adviser , the wifey, shes not just good for telling me how the queues at COSTCO are .
    Anyways I still like the sound of OCGN, their tie up with BHARAT Pharma and a traditional vaccine approach using inactivated virus to train the immune system to fight off Covid.
    Ive never been sold on this mRNA technology, still relatively unproven. To some degree Covid vaccines based on mRNA is just a giant experiment to validate the underlying technology, its got little todo with beating Covid, this was a golden chance for companies developing mRNA tech to trial this on a mass scale.

So the missus was reading some recent papers from MIT on mRNA, specifically the Young lab . It was a lab across the hall from the lab she worked in in MIT so shes well familiar with the providence.
    In laymans terms theres still lots to learn on RNA transcription, still some debate on how mRNA vaccines stop this process , questions about the need to add this extra step to introduce the protein , how did 20 years of tailoring mRNA medicine suddenly make the breakthru in 6 months and also the fact like any process in a factory this synthesis in the body does not always do what it is suppossed to do.

BTW neither of us are anti-vaxs, herself tracked the kids vaccines religiously and scoffs at anti-vaxers but given a Nobel prize winner at MIT once asked her to teach his students her stuff, Im okay with OCGN as a punt that the winner on COVID vaccines may still be a late runner using traditional approach that doesnt breakthru until mid to late 2021 . Patients and Patience are in play on this one.

Legend.
    Which mod banned this guy?

Yeah that’s close but it’s limited to the last 100 trades or so.
    Think you have to sign up to get further history... sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Would it? Would be hard to properly run an economy and encourage economic development with zero control over monetary policy. Imagine not being able to buy bread because Elon Musk posted an anti bitcoin meme on twitter :pac:

Course it would, sur that's why onecoin is still selling in African countries. Take Sudan for example, imagine not being able to buy that bread because of inflation running at over 200%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

PLTR, TLSA, NIO, XPENG all popular stocks going up today.

I wonder how much of that is because of Elon's support for crypto and the hype around it all. Just when you think GME fiasco is over, someone goes and spends 1.5 billion on bitcoin. Kicking myself for not buying a few when they were <100 usd. I recall reading up extensively about it all (I work in IT).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

positron wrote: »
    PLTR, TLSA, NIO, XPENG all popular stocks going up today.

I wonder how much of that is because of Elon's support for crypto and the hype around it all. Just when you think GME fiasco is over, someone goes and spends 1.5 billion on bitcoin. Kicking myself for not buying a few when they were <100 usd. I recall reading up extensively about it all (I work in IT).

Loads looked at it but only few knew how big it would get. A lot of people get done by MT GOX aswell. Holding btc is the hardest part.

I remember being in college when you could mine it on a computer but I wasn't that interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

if that's the case, another killer pick from Kilboor - ANVS :)

Oil stocks doing great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

TILARY for a short maybe back down to 27.50, day trade. I've cashed in the chips for the day on the way up but expect it to retreat a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

OGCN blue sky territory, no idea the peak, but have sells set

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

OGCN blue sky territory, no idea the peak, but have sells set

Wow! I am up over 700% in OCGN and only bought on 31st Dec 20... might take some profit and see where this goes to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

KilOit wrote: »
    Legend.

RIGOLO will have to return for a victory lap. Need more research like that. I read that but for some reason didn't jump on it, I have a tech background so understand tech companies a bit better but would like to diversify into other positions.

He's not currently banned as far as I'm aware but I believe he may have lost interest which is fair enough really if he's not working on investing anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Been dying to pick up some Shopify stock for ages, couldn't wait any longer and bit the bullet today. Value is probably a bit frothy atm but a great long term hold imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    APPS is the biggest, but the horse has bolted after they blew earnings out of the water last week, defo too much too soon, wait for it to come back into that channel it's been trading in for last 8months. Peri and MGNI similar 2bh, put them on your watch list and wait for the next pullback to 20 or 50day ma. (I added add of theses during the 2 minor Jan corrections, capitol hill and GME, be greedy when others are fearful ha.) FLNT quite abit more volatile, if it dips back towards 6.00 I'd be jumping back in. KBNT I'd say has the best setup at the min, it went on a wild run in dec (pump and dump for all I know), where it hit 10, it dropped back quickly but has nicely formed a base at 5.50 and is trending up again. TTD, PUGB, SCOR, ZDGE and tencent also showing up on stocktwits as being in a similar area for me, but I've done no homework on them yet.

ZDGE, the one that got away on me, +30% today but no position in it lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭endainoz

Been dying to pick up some Shopify stock for ages, couldn't wait any longer and bit the bullet today. Value is probably a bit frothy atm but a great long term hold imo.

I'm using it as my "main" stock for now. It's a good solid one to go for I think. The e-commerce platforms are going nowhere.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

KilOit wrote: »
    Legend.

plural.. Ive fallen foul of most of them.
    dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone else buy Novavax, Inc.? I mentioned it end of Jan when it was around $130 but didn't buy till after 200$ myself, today its up to $330.
    well done Dan.. that was a brave and smart move.
    I was tipping them 7 months ago back in the $40 range . My first entry was in the $14. They still have room to run, this may be a stock you pass onto the next generation.

Seeing as how I sent a few down the OCGN rabbit hole I feel responsible to post an update .
    Mrs Rigolo hopes all you apes :D (my word not hers) (now this isnt a derogatory term, anyone who knows their Wallstreetbets knows this is a term of endearment and respect) all the best with the OCGN windfall. She sends her love, god bless her heart of gold.
    OCGN seems to be legit now, they closed an offering of 3 million shares at $7.85 with institutions, so that should be a floor.
    200+% in a day on compounded gains.. I hope a few got on it .
    I read their Phase 1 and 2 reports over the weekend and results in India of the Phase 3 trial is due by end of Feb with the expectation for very good results based on Phase 1 and 2.
    But this is still pharma and vaccine and timing and competitors and FDA and main stream news pumping their buddies so its a dirty game (GME reminds you of that) Having been on NVAX and seeing that play out for 12 months Ive seen all the moves.
    I was also early on INO and that hasnt gone to the moon as NVAX did, but it did have spikes similar to OCGN but has retraced alot of its gains. Theres no guarantees with bio-pharma.
    So take some profit , keep doing research and be prepared for a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Bought 105 shares of OCGN when first mentioned here, opened DEGIRO earlier and mother of god, great shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Now that the GME rollercoaster has pretty much died down, wondering if its possible for some mod to merge the Share Pick 2021 threads - some great info in both and dont see the sense in having the split now?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

circadian wrote: »
    I'm keeping an eye on Harley-Davidson, took a big hit last week but looks to be moving back up again, will wait to see if there's any resistance on the way up. If it can break $36 and hold it then I'll consider it.

I read recently about their restructure involving a large US PE firm and the employee ownership programme / initiative. From recollection there are good long term results with other entities the PE firm applied it to - best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

RIGOLO wrote:
    Seeing as how I sent a few down the OCGN rabbit hole I feel responsible to post an update . Mrs Rigolo hopes all you apes (my word not hers) (now this isnt a derogatory term, anyone who knows their Wallstreetbets knows this is a term of endearment and respect) all the best with the OCGN windfall. She sends her love, god bless her heart of gold. OCGN seems to be legit now, they closed an offering of 3 million shares at $7.85 with institutions, so that should be a floor. 200+% in a day on compounded gains.. I hope a few got on it . I read their Phase 1 and 2 reports over the weekend and results in India of the Phase 3 trial is due by end of Feb with the expectation for very good results based on Phase 1 and 2. But this is still pharma and vaccine and timing and competitors and FDA and main stream news pumping their buddies so its a dirty game (GME reminds you of that) Having been on NVAX and seeing that play out for 12 months Ive seen all the moves. I was also early on INO and that hasnt gone to the moon as NVAX did, but it did have spikes similar to OCGN but has retraced alot of its gains. Theres no guarantees with bio-pharma. So take some profit , keep doing research and be prepared for a ride.

Hi Rigolo

Just want to say thanks so much for the tip. A family holiday or upgrading the car off the back of Ocugen for me ! Life is good !

On the research end of things I'd love to get some tips on how you conduct your DD. Im at the beginning of my investing and have only dipped my toe in the last few years. I've been lucky as I bought tesla & netflix a few years ago and held. Also got in and out of GME safely !

I would like to further my knowledge and improve my research skills. Any pointers would be great.......and please don't completely leave this forum !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Same as Rigolo.
    Have 40 shares.

Im up a weeks wages today .. I owe you a pint.

And to whoever banned him, ban yourself and bring him back...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

My account is up 14% today overall, MARA being the biggest winner at 30%, not a bad start to the week!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

OCGN just keeps posting higher lows and higher highs,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Should we be joining in on OCGN at this point? Hard to consider buying into something this high.

Bill Ackman (PSTH) looks like he's getting a little cocky, may mean something is coming, may not...

Advertisement