Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Definitely. ARGO and KR1 are my biggest 2 holdings now, and have no interest in trimming either. Doubled my KR1 position today. The more I read and listen to about these the more I like.

What exchange did you buy KR1 on and whats the ticker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Are any of you guys putting stop limit on Argo? I have mine set at 235... but I feel that’s a bit too close to the current price. Cause it is very volatile, should it go down that much and even further, it could rebound back even stronger. It’s a tricky situation alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    the guy that tipped me to AMD back in 2018, has said he is seriously looking at $UMC now. He doesnt mess around when it comes to investing in these companies (he's mentioning putting 5 figures into them now), he has religoulsy stuck to 4-5 in that sector for years and has done very well from them

The above was posted by Lex Luthor on 29th July when UMC was less than $4, it is now trading pre-market at $11.20, up 3 fold since Lex posted, unfortunately I didn't get in when Lex posted but it has still been a great performer for me. Always nice to be able to thank a fellow poster, so thanks Lex.

Also much thanks to whoever brought up ARGO, again probably a bit late to the party but a 100% gain in a week is not to be sniffed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

circadian wrote: »
    Argo just keeps going up. I'll hold until there's a dip but the gains have been fantastic since last week.

Was looking at Yahoo finance and on 9th Feb it has opening price of $1.29. Next day was $123.

Is that a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Have mostly long positions in ETFs and fairly diversified single holdings in US and European stocks.

Have some play money though and have made some uneducated gains in altcoins and volatile day trading during the GME/AMC fiasco.

Want to try a few penny stocks, small play money as I say just for interest. Anyone doing similar in Covid boredom and having any luck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    What exchange did you buy KR1 on and whats the ticker?

I buy it through Interactive Brokers and the ticket there is K4H

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Was looking at Yahoo finance and on 9th Feb it has opening price of $1.29. Next day was $123.

Is that a mistake?

Yeah its a mistake, look at the longer term and there isnt that jump.
    Probably some glitch with the pence to pounds translation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

Argo tanking?

Edit, nope looks like google stocks is having issues.

Wtf!! My stop loss did not hit!

I had it set at 235 and it literally flew past it, and down to 210. Is anyone else having stop loss and sell limit problems on this?

I had it set at 235 and it literally flew past it, and down to 210. Is anyone else having stop loss and sell limit problems on this?

Because it's currently at 250? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

228 according to google

T212 has it 230?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,483 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

217 now

Yeah definitely some issues with the confirmation, Degiro has a 15 minute delay, as does many other sites. Google appears to update every 3-5 minutes, I suspect someone had a massive sell order at £2.50 and that drove the price down, looks like it's bouncing back pretty strongly.

Entirely possible it hit your stop loss but there was so much volume that the trade didn't even make it through before it went back above.

Bitcoin hasn't moved so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Probably gapped down.. or your order was last in que and there was no buyers for it by the time it got executed.

T212 has it 230?

Degiro showing as 250 as a headline price, but showing as 207 ask. Sorry, Bloody Degiro might be a new rereg name for me soon.

Edit. Yeah, just a delay issue and not a Degio Issue, just my reading of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Plummeted there and swung right back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

my gawd, awful tempted to just sell everything and buy crypto stocks, bonkers!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    my gawd, awful tempted to just sell everything and buy crypto stocks, bonkers!

It's one of those ideas that crosses my mind every so often but I know it'll end in tears as I inevitably buy at some high point before everything ****s itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

ADZAM wrote: »
    RTP now trading @ $14, RTP rumored to be merging with Hippo.com a trendy insurance company using AI technology. Not a cash burning obscure EV or a battery prototype with a business plan (DAMMIT ;)), it's a solid growing company disrupting an archaic industry so may not be euphoric gains (unless it does a Lemonade on it) but will still be a winner. Also see RTPZ, the same teams second SPAC, also available on degiro, no rumored targets yet, currently trading at $12.49, will pop once rumors start swirling.

got involved with RTPZ and its up 20% since Thursday. Great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

KBNT halted, be still my beating heart, what a start to the trading day :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

I want to buy some TENCENT HOLDINGS. I am getting the following message on Degiro when I try to put in an order.

Size (10) is not a multiple of lot size (100).

Is the normal that lot sizes must be in 100s or am I doing something wrong? Unfortunately I am not able to afford ploughing in that much.

Finally my Assertio (ASRT) play is coming off, didn't think I'd break $1.30 for days there. Christ.

got involved with RTPZ and its up 20% since Thursday. Great shout.

I wonder what's driving that price movement. Is it that people are confused which one is getting Joby?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    The above was posted by Lex Luthor on 29th July when UMC was less than $4, it is now trading pre-market at $11.20, up 3 fold since Lex posted, unfortunately I didn't get in when Lex posted but it has still been a great performer for me. Always nice to be able to thank a fellow poster, so thanks Lex.

Also much thanks to whoever brought up ARGO, again probably a bit late to the party but a 100% gain in a week is not to be sniffed at.

Thanks lex, I got in at 3 and bought on the pullbacks whole way up, its about 10% my portfolio at the minute. Still a largely unknown company, TMC it's bigger Taiwan brother takes more of the news and hype, UMC had better revenue growth of 23% in 2020, but has a larger p/e ratio than TMC now. Hard to predict the share price predict moving forward, I've tried to find future growth projections but not found any yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Mad volatility out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Thanks to whoever mentioned about selling off PLTR last week with the investor sell off coming soon.

Down 9% today after a poor earnings report.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

cc87 wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever mentioned about selling off PLTR last week with the investor sell off coming soon.

Down 9% today after a poor earnings report.

Making an entry myself on the dip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

good that market is up-with low low t bond rates it seems risk is on and more money has moved into equities/crypto. parts of the market seems like it needs to cool down but regardless if your going to party like its 1999 and buy into the craziness ..just remember to party nearer the exit..

Advertisement