Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Well done to the CCIV lads/lassies, not in it myself but delighted for all of you who are.
    Yeah I didn't think this would beat the lights out of Ackman's SPAC but it certainly is so far.

I'm banking most of my 2021 gains and going short the dow (only €5 a point). Im banking on a correction here. Its been some run......

FEd about to give $1.9T in stimulus. There'll be no dip for a few months after that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't think this would beat the lights out of Ackman's SPAC but it certainly is so far.

If concrete evidence of Stripe were to come out it’s hard to know where PSTH would go in fairness. CCIV and Lucid have been linked for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Hope he's next I'm in that also. If he get's Stripe I'm laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Looks like this merger is happening - hard to know where this one goes, alot of uplift baked into this price already:

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/exclusive-lucid-motors-nears-spac-deal-as-klein-launches-financing-sources-2021-02-16

When we get the DA it will surely go even higher.

• Advertisement

PSTH is moving big time.

EDIT: Droping back a little. Wonder if some of the profits are been moved over from CCIV. I'm keeping both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    For anyone that holds Palantir 3 days after their earnings, the early investors/employees are allowed to sell all of their shares and not only 20% like now so people could easily be shat on. I am going to sell today then buy back when the dust has settled.

Feb 16th Earnings
    Feb 19th Not good to hold

Earnings helped this along was looking to hopefully by back around 25 or so. Need to wait for news If there are any sells from insiders.

CCIV - what a beast. I alerted at $12 but didn't buy till $17 - Hopefully DA very soon. Lower valuation is also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

Stinks to high heaven you say!

I say it smells like a great opportunity to ride the wave and get a great swing trade going for today. And besides there is no way that AMC is fair value in the 5 dollar range. It's a squeeze play and a recovery play for me.

That wave went one direction, I think my daily due diligence of trawling Reddit for stocks I own or thinking of buying is paying off. Everything that gets any kind of traction over there turns to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭in2dark

I am monitoring ASLE during this week. I strongly believe it will play well before summer comes. Anyone who has an opinion?
    Planning to open position tomorrow

EH tanked https://stocktwits.com/symbol/EH

Anyone know the story?

Update: The story https://wolfpackresearch.com/research/ehang/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

circadian wrote: »
    That wave went one direction, I think my daily due diligence of trawling Reddit for stocks I own or thinking of buying is paying off. Everything that gets any kind of traction over there turns to ****.

Agreed lesson learned there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

FEd about to give $1.9T in stimulus. There'll be no dip for a few months after that

Yep, I don't fault anyone for taking profits and walking away (I'm still trying to decide when I'll do that ha), but to think you can go and time a big correction and go short on the market, in the face of a stimulus package like this, that is pure gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

cronos wrote: »

Anyone know the story?

and potential regulatory approval of its purported main business, an “autonomous” aerial vehicle “AAV” ridesharing network.
    Mother of God, people actually invested in that? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Wow CCIV, that is unreal, thought it was going nowhere more last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

PSTH is moving big time.

EDIT: Droping back a little. Wonder if some of the profits are been moved over from CCIV. I'm keeping both.

It's done that a few days in the past few weeks, jumps 10-15% in the last half hour of the day, gets us excited, then no news.

I'll have CNBC on in the bacground tomorrow just in case anyway

Anyone know the story?

No idea why anyone invests in China. Far too many stories like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cc87 wrote: »
    Not knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the merger process but they just did a second filing with the SEC yesterday.

https://fintel.io/doc/sec-longevity-acquisition-corp-prer14a-2021-january-28-18655-453

3rd SEC filing of LOAC/DDDD merger today.

Usually means vote in the next week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Lots of interest in VSTM here a couple of years ago, rising after hours

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Lots of interest in VSTM here a couple of years ago, rising after hours

Some news announced after close.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3662531-verastem-up-24-after-baker-brothers-reports-stake?utm_source=webull.com&utm_medium=referral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Ah now, the closest thing to this in my view is Nikola. Yep China had more than its fair share of dud companies, but plenty of very good Chinese companies like NIO, jd.com, NET, BIDU. Like everything do your DD, and if you had any sort of common sense you would of being doing nothing more than short term swingtrading the hype of EHang.

Too big a market to ignore completely. I'm comfortable enough with the major well known companies like Alibaba and Nio but would definitely DD the companies harder there and only buy on discount something like Alibaba for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Baozun is another great Chinese company.

pitrn wrote: »
    Baozun is another great Chinese company.

Yeah definitely growth potential there.

ARB off to a strong start yet again, where does it end??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Magno_DT

Some good news in the last few days for Kingspan.

https://seenews.com/news/romanias-teraplast-expects-to-close-sale-of-steel-cos-to-kingspan-on-feb-26-731254

The Grenfell investigation has really driven down their share price but stories like this remind us that they're still a solid company with a big future. I'll be picking up more shares for long term investment today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

borus22222 wrote: »
    It appears to me that I can only buy european registered ETFs. Some sort of regulation. I'm struggling to find inverse etf with european ticker.

the revenue don’t treat ETFs to kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My sell order for 280 for Argo was hit this morning, offloaded 20% of my holding in them. The profit on that has nearly paid for the rest. Going to sit on those and see where it goes.
    I saw the Hive thread bumped and checked out the price...I got fed up of holding those and sold last summer at 25c for a small loss. The Argo bump help eases the pain there. Time in the market rather than timing the market...

Speaking of VSTM, I am still holding a few of those...

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ah now, the closest thing to this in my view is Nikola. Yep China had more than its fair share of dud companies, but plenty of very good Chinese companies like NIO, jd.com, NET, BIDU. Like everything do your DD, and if you had any sort of common sense you would of being doing nothing more than short term swingtrading the hype of EHang.
    I'm just not sure how you get enough DD to avoid things like this and Luckin Coffee. Have a look at The China Hustle, that was 10/15 years ago, these fictional companies listing is still happening somehow. There's far too much secrecy in that country to put my mind at ease.

And yes, there's plenty of great Chinese companies, it's just unfortunate for them that there's always this cloud hanging over them

circadian wrote: »
    Yeah definitely growth potential there.

ARB off to a strong start yet again, where does it end??
    This morning:
    ARB +15%
    KR1 +12%

Crypto is the new Gold Rush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

This morning:
    ARB +15%
    KR1 +12%

Crypto is the new Gold Rush

Very much feels like it, I just need to time an exit but with BTC still maintaining its growth, it seems a little early.

Advertisement