Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

SOS up 30% premarket, gold rush is pretty accurate.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

ADZAM wrote: »
    RTP now trading @ $14, RTP rumored to be merging with Hippo.com a trendy insurance company using AI technology. Not a cash burning obscure EV or a battery prototype with a business plan (DAMMIT ;)), it's a solid growing company disrupting an archaic industry so may not be euphoric gains (unless it does a Lemonade on it) but will still be a winner. Also see RTPZ, the same teams second SPAC, also available on degiro, no rumored targets yet, currently trading at $12.49, will pop once rumors start swirling.

I was wrong on RTP, the latest rumour is that they are targeting a flying taxi EV company called Joby aviation. It's a high risk/high reward area as it's potentially disruptive but they are still waiting on FAA clearance. ARK invest bought shares of ACIC SPAC last night who have confirmed their target is Archer who are the closest competitor of Joby, and Archer shares jumped 20%. I imagine once RTP confirm Joby as the target, Ark invest will then invest which normally gives a 10-20% pop by itself.

I'm not sure how the hippo.com rumour surfaced and then died, maybe that will merge with the second Spac RTPZ.

Either way, the RTP / RTPZ team are all star and I am a happy (excited) shareholder!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

Flying EV Taxis? What's the timeframe for returns and actual proof of working concept?

We've only just begun moving towards EV/Hybrid on normal cars and a long way off before that tech matures. I can't even imagine the energy requirements for a flying EV never mind the technological advancements.

EDIT: Just found their page, large drone like vehicles. A good idea but I really do wonder about the viability in terms of battery requirements, how many journeys, flight restrictions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I was wrong on RTP, the latest rumour is that they are targeting a flying taxi EV company called Joby aviation. It's a high risk/high reward area as it's potentially disruptive but they are still waiting on FAA clearance. ARK invest bought shares of ACIC SPAC last night who have confirmed their target is Archer who are the closest competitor of Joby, and Archer shares jumped 20%. I imagine once RTP confirm Joby as the target, Ark invest will then invest which normally gives a 10-20% pop by itself.

I'm not sure how the hippo.com rumour surfaced and then died, maybe that will merge with the second Spac RTPZ.

Either way, the RTP / RTPZ team are all star and I am a happy (excited) shareholder!

Which one are you in RTP or RTPZ?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jams100

High Risk, well that's an understatement. The likes of these companies are unlikely to ever see a cent, if someone was to do this it would be the likes of apple/google who have 200 billion sitting in their bank accounts.
    This literally seems like pie, I mean, taxi in the sky stuff ;)

Edit: Given the current environment, it'll probably go up, but long term I can't see them ever actually getting a paying customer into one of these as they won't get that far...it would be pretty cool if they did though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

circadian wrote: »
    Flying EV Taxis? What's the timeframe for returns and actual proof of working concept?

We've only just begun moving towards EV/Hybrid on normal cars and a long way off before that tech matures. I can't even imagine the energy requirements for a flying EV never mind the technological advancements.

EDIT: Just found their page, large drone like vehicles. A good idea but I really do wonder about the viability in terms of battery requirements, how many journeys, flight restrictions etc.

It's definitely high risk. But if it gets cracked the Joby team sounds like they will be one of the big ones in the space.

Tempted to average up on it. I haven't gone into RTPZ yet, hoping it drops a little as I think it popped up on the RTP news alone. But if RTPZ gets Hippo I'd be happy to invest in that also at the right price.

jams100 wrote: »
    High Risk, well that's an understatement. The likes of these companies are unlikely to ever see a cent, if someone was to do this it would be the likes of apple/google who have 200 billion sitting in their bank accounts.

Edit: Given the current environment, it'll probably go up, but long term I can't see them ever actually getting a paying customer into one of these as they won't get that far...it would be pretty cool if they did though!

I'd rate there chances much higher than Virgin Galactic sending tourists en masse into space.

Virgin Orbit doing commercial space endeavors however would be an actual good investment.

Dipped out of ARB at 270. Be aware that Degiro can take a long time to fill this order so I'd recommend planning ahead for the price you'd want. I would have liked 280 in hindsight but alas. Up over 100% either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

e

You need to clear your mind of any preconceptions, just imagine if flying cars were to become the norm, then suddenly those companies that you say would never return a cent to the investor are now looking like Tesla did a few years back.
    And it's not "pie in the sky" or Science fiction, this has been happening since 2016.
    More research needed but here's a good intro
    https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20201111-the-flying-car-is-here-vtols-jetpacks-and-air-taxis

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭1percent

Hi all, can some of the wiser heads on here explain why BATS dropped near 5% this morning? Earnings beat expectations, Dividend increase announced, but 5% down.
    Is this just the market being its norm right now or am I missing bad news somewhere?

• Advertisement

1percent wrote: »
    Hi all, can some of the wiser heads on here explain why BATS dropped near 5% this morning? Earnings beat expectations, Dividend increase announced, but 5% down.
    Is this just the market being its norm right now or am I missing bad news somewhere?

People seem to often sell on earnings good or bad news. Happened to me with Corsair and Boohoo. If the business is solid it should bounce back in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

30 years ago you'd if you were told we'd all have these portable devices in our pockets which we basically ran our lives off you'd have laughed.

The likes of Joby and Archer have decent backers in Toyota, Uber & United Airlines. Interestingly ARK Investments just bought over a million shares in Archer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Shopify earnings beats estimates, down 4% pre market.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

Ebang International holdings looks like a buy

Theman343 wrote: »

Why? At it's all time high.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Theman343 wrote: »

Yes, just bought some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Hoping to see a dip on CCIV

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

cronos wrote: »
    Why? At it's all time high.

they launched a Bitcoin mining business

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bawnBeag

suave.4u wrote: »
    they launched a Bitcoin mining business

Seems like bad timing for long term but might get some action off BTC fomo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    Another NNDM share offering. By now they basically are like a SPAC, with a huge amount of cash from all these offerings, which they are straight up planning on buying a company with. Terrible fundamentals, hugely negative revenue growth and dont even ask about P/E etc, but still a massive institution buy in and big fanbase. Offering price is 12.80, very unlikely to dip back to this, mid 13s half an hour after the market open would be my guess, and at that it will be under its 20day ma, which has provided extremely good support the last few months. I'd be tempted to add more for a swingtrade but I've too many already.

Ok as I said terrible fundamentals, but this interview with the CEO gives me reasonably good confidence in the medium term. https://tdameritradenetwork.com/video/rB4A-HerGMiBd6yC7DABqQ?fbclid=IwAR2J6mUZblhLXTmXwkngQBgaKc2YBUGful6D8n_O6uHD3n3DTz9zLuaQBMg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

DSS is another crypto play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    DSS is another crypto play.

Some info here from last week.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/document-security-systems-inc-coinstreet-115500585.html

I had expected it to jump but it could be waiting for signoff.. "pursue a digital securities exchange license in the US".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

small blip there. TSLA close to its 50 day MA, AI dropping nicely as well. Good few IT names coming in the range

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

God, Michael Burry missed out on the Gamestop ĺotto big time. He sold all his shares just before the Wallstreetbets thing took off. He sold off all his shares in 2020.
    He lost out on $574m.

https://dataroma.com/m/hist/hist.php?f=SAM&s=GME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21PsGD-EDT4

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

small blip there. TSLA close to its 50 day MA, AI dropping nicely as well. Good few IT names coming in the range
    Nice healthy pullback for those stocks. Good few of my tech favourites reporting earnings in the next 24 hours, could be big drops if any disappoint - Fastly and Twilio tonight, Trade Desk tomorrow. Invitae and Roku will drive the market too, both big holdings for ARK

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

PLTR is a long term hold for me, I won't be jumping in and out trying to time things, will bring my average down if it comes down enough but it won't bother me too much. Argo is blasting away and I'll leave that alone too (My non bitcoin/blockchain type play IOTA is up 115.69%)

OCGN BEP for me was 2.09 so claimed back my initial investment and took a small profit, will let the rest ride until results.

4YX & AEZS & few others dipping but up over 4% overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Having a mare of a day, stops hit on all my crypto stocks, PERI in the ****ter, took some profits there and let about 40% ride.
    Not good for the heart, if it was Friday I'd be hitting the bottle to drown my sorrows :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Is anyone buying Bumble (BMBL). Currently it's $76.7......... think huge potential but not sure guide price to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Supercell wrote: »
    Having a mare of a day, stops hit on all my crypto stocks, PERI in the ****ter, took some profits there and let about 40% ride.
    Not good for the heart, if it was Friday I'd be hitting the bottle to drown my sorrows :)

My heart bleeds for ya...

Them were my words to one of the lads who's been trading with me last 8 months and is like 200% up in that time but suffering a 5% dip today haha.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm up overall but it never makes a red day any easier.

Today is a red day, except for the huge gains from Argo.

Advertisement