Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If your portfolio is red today, chances are you're up big YTD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

RTPZ dropped a good bit if anyone's interested in that SPAC. Bought a bit at 13.5, bit higher than I generally like to buy spac's but I think it has good odd's long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If your portfolio is red today, chances are you're up big YTD

Yep, and it turns out that a stock I've been waiting to pull the trigger on isn't listed on Degiro :| IMVT been waiting for it to start tracking upwards again.

Actually, just throwing these out there for anyone looking to see if they can catch a bounce. Not 100% it'll come but I'm happy waiting.

IMVT, SONN, QUIK and KTRA. They're all hovering around low points at the minute and the volume I'd like to see isn't there. I'd imagine an increase in volume will cause an increase in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Started my portfolio last week. This forum is a great resource and have taken some of my picks to date from here. Here's what I'm on so far:

CLVR Clever Leaf - tipped on here. Low cost base cannibas supplier, production in SA and Portugal with markets in Europe and recently approved for Medicinal in US. Up 40%
    DPW Ault Holdings - tipped on here. Bitcoin, EV and other holdings company - up 25% today
    FLNT - digital advertising company..was hoping it would follow it's competitors in the space but hasn't taken off yet. Down 5%
    QS - Quantumscape. Solid state battery tech. Announced positive technical progress at earnings last night. Up 30% today
    CSIQ - Canadian solar. Wanted a renewable stock. Was a toss up between Jinko and Canadian. Long term hold, down since I bought. Down 10%

Any thoughts on where I can diversify or de-risk? Will probably buy 4 or 5 more stocks and have around 10 stocks in total. Two i was thinking was Paypal and Kingspan. Maybe one or two European/Asian/ Pacific stocks

Also bought into The Graph Crypto and will add some bitcoin and one other Crypto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Kilough wrote: »
    Started my portfolio last week. This forum is a great resource and have taken some of my picks to date from here. Here's what I'm on so far:

CLVR Clever Leaf - tipped on here. Low cost base cannibas supplier, production in SA and Portugal with markets in Europe and recently approved for Medicinal in US. Up 40%
    DPW Ault Holdings - tipped on here. Bitcoin, EV and other holdings company - up 25% today
    FLNT - digital advertising company..was hoping it would follow it's competitors in the space but hasn't taken off yet. Down 5%
    QS - Quantumscape. Solid state battery tech. Announced positive technical progress at earnings last night. Up 30% today
    CSIQ - Canadian solar. Wanted a renewable stock. Was a toss up between Jinko and Canadian. Long term hold, down since I bought. Down 10%

Any thoughts on where I can diversify or de-risk? Will probably buy 4 or 5 more stocks and have around 10 stocks in total. Two i was thinking was Paypal and Kingspan. Maybe one or two European/Asian/ Pacific stocks

Also bought into The Graph Crypto and will add some bitcoin and one other Crypto

Diversify into fashion! Boohoo !! Might be a few years before it takes off again but they've positioned themselves well buying up name brands. I got out but might go back again if it drops... Just for diversity sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Basically a high risk growth portfolio. The best form of diversification I could suggest is across time, ie don't invest all your money right now and the whole market takes a 10% pullback across the next week or so (well due something like that 2bh, but I can't predict what week it will happen), but anyways a 10% overall market pullback could easily see the higher return growth stocks all pulling back like 30%. Instead you should dollar average in across afew months at the likes of the 20day or 50day moving average pullbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Salesforce (CRM) hasn't rebounded much since they announced the deal to acquire Slack. I have some with them from after the big drop so I'm up a little but I'd imagine there is still lot's of room for them to grow.

I'd also still say Alibaba (BABA) is undervalued but always has the Chinese government risk element to it. Which is why I think it's undervalued.

I also second Boohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Thanks. Will keep an eye on Boohoo. Agree they seem to have solid expansion plans. Have BABA on the watch list too and Baidu.

What's the best general approach to continually invest say 10% free cash p/m? Buy a new stock every month or two or add to existing stock? Probably don't want to end up with more than 15 or so stocks as I'd like to keep an eye on each and wouldn't have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Hua Hong Semiconductor Ltd

Ticker is HKG: 1347 or on the Frankfurt exchange FRA: 1HH trading at 6.35euro.

Rumours TMobile are going to use them to help roll out their 5G in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Thanks. Will keep an eye on Boohoo. Agree they seem to have solid expansion plans. Have BABA on the watch list too and Baidu.

What's the best general approach to continually invest say 10% free cash p/m? Buy a new stock every month or two or add to existing stock? Probably don't want to end up with more than 15 or so stocks as I'd like to keep an eye on each and wouldn't have time.

If you can resist the urge to put free cash into the market its always good to have some cash on the sidelines. Some opportunities/announcements can only be jumped on quick and you can sometimes miss the boat or majority of the spike waiting for money to lodge into your broker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

I know a lot of posters are on TWLO.

Earnings released yesterday post market-close were positive from revenue point of view at least.
    Pre-market price is up 11.5% from yesterday's close of $411.65 to $459, as at time of typing.

Something to watch very carefully later today....

elbyrneo wrote: »
    I know a lot of posters are on TWLO.

Earnings released yesterday post market-close were positive from revenue point of view at least.
    Pre-market price is up 11.5% from yesterday's close of $411.65 to $459, as at time of typing.

Something to watch very carefully later today....

Very nice numbers, my favorite by and forget growth company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I buy it through Interactive Brokers and the ticket there is K4H

found this on IB, however it's seems they're not allowing trading for it...can't see prices or any info.

with global chip shortage, Infineon AG - IFX to watch....they've all risen sharply in the last month or so....wait for pull-backs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

TWLO has never turned a profit. Its like the dotcom all over again. Huge growth, bigger promises. Too many of these companies around.
    I'd prefer to play it safe.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

found this on IB, however it's seems they're not allowing trading for it...can't see prices or any info.

with global chip shortage, Infineon AG - IFX to watch....they've all risen sharply in the last month or so....wait for pull-backs

Have a similar issue was looking to pick up tsnp, alpp,hcmc,k4h but I need to enable some settings to do otc trades but the looks of it. Maybe Shedith knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

TWLO has never turned a profit. Its like the dotcom all over again. Huge growth, bigger promises. Too many of these companies around.

I totally agree, gross margin is horrendous. But my original investment ballooned and I keep partially redeeming profits, expecting dips, only to see more growth repeatedly. I have stop losses in place I keep increasing. I'd be wary of buying in at this stage but would have said same 6 months ago. Anyone still on it enjoy the ride but make sure stop loss limits in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

What are people's thoughts on GSK?

I have been buying as it drops from around 1500p a share. New lows today. I would have thought they have strong consumer brands and that their vaccine business will return in the medium term, yet it seems to be on a continuous path downwards. I'm inclined to add more but the most recent earnings weren't inspiring so second guessing myself a bit.

You're comparing Growth companies with Blue Chip.

TWLO is still in the Growth phase (despite the $70bn market cap), I'm happy for them to continue to spend money growing and reinvesting (like buying Segment this year) that $1.75BN revenue rather than being able to say they were "making a profit".

And that $1.75bn is growing at 55% per annum. A huge chunk of their Expenses is R&D which will cut down if they want to be profitable. But Growth is the number 1 for them at the moment.

There's different companies for everyone's investing approach

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Have a similar issue was looking to pick up tsnp, alpp,hcmc,k4h but I need to enable some settings to do otc trades but the looks of it. Maybe Shedith knows.

I'm not sure, I bought more Monday on IB and had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

You're comparing Growth companies with Blue Chip.

TWLO is still in the Growth phase (despite the $70bn market cap), I'm happy for them to continue to spend money growing and reinvesting (like buying Segment this year) that $1.75BN revenue rather than being able to say they were "making a profit".

And that $1.75bn is growing at 55% per annum. A huge chunk of their Expenses is R&D which will cut down if they want to be profitable. But Growth is the number 1 for them at the moment.

There's different companies for everyone's investing approach

My point is, you don't know if they are inherently profitable or not. Hard to tell if the money they direct back into the company, is simply just propping the whole thing up or, as you say being invested wisely for future growth and profit.

It can be 50:50 as to whether they survive or not. The dot.com was full of companies like these. In the end, very few survived.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

4D on fire today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

crushproof wrote: »
    4D on fire today

About time too, lol. It's up and down like a yoyo for months now. Hopefully it will settle into a nice steadily rising graph line soon. Due for launch on the Nasdaq soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I'm not sure why you're having issues with K4H on IB, I'd suggest contacting them. I sold some K4H this morning on IB so it's possible for sure - took my original investment (plus enough for a couple of pints) out this morning at €2.90, sold 20% (up 425% in 17 days) and will let the rest run. Thanks again to sheddite for this.

4D on fire today

feck it put in a buy order at 125 last nite thinking their entry to Nasdaq is closer ..it didn't go through and didn't bother checking until ya post, it's up 10% :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jams100

4D on fire today

Good article on seeking alpha the other day.

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4406479-4d-pharma-impressive-immuno-oncology-data?__twitter_impression=true

They now have collaborations with merk and pfizer, Good safety data, nasdaq listing imminent, results from phase II covid also due in Q1, even though this isn't where they will make any money imo, might give a little bump in share price if results are positive.
    I'd happily buy more 4d but it's already 10% of my portfolio when you add in the spac part (loac) so for risk management purposes I don't plan on adding anymore even though I have serious conviction in 4d being up significantly by year end.

Whoever recommended this one initially, Good spot and fair play!

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you're having issues with K4H on IB, I'd suggest contacting them. I sold some K4H this morning on IB so it's possible for sure - took my original investment (plus enough for a couple of pints) out this morning at €2.90, sold 20% (up 425% in 17 days) and will let the rest run. Thanks again to sheddite for this.

thanks mate, did you have to make any setting changes? will give IB a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

thanks mate, did you have to make any setting changes? will give IB a shout.

Not that I'm aware of. Did it on Trader Workstation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

jams100 wrote: »
    Good article on seeking alpha the other day.

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4406479-4d-pharma-impressive-immuno-oncology-data?__twitter_impression=true

They now have collaborations with merk and pfizer, Good safety data, nasdaq listing imminent, results from phase II covid also due in Q1, even though this isn't where they will make any money imo, might give a little bump in share price if results are positive.
    I'd happily buy more 4d but it's already 10% of my portfolio when you add in the spac part (loac) so for risk management purposes I don't plan on adding anymore even though I have serious conviction in 4d being up significantly by year end.

Whoever recommended this one initially, Good spot and fair play!

Is this the 4D on the LSE? Any idea if a NASDAQ listing will affect interest on the London Exchange too?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jams100

circadian wrote: »
    Is this the 4D on the LSE? Any idea if a NASDAQ listing will affect interest on the London Exchange too?

Yes and they should ultimately be around the same price as its the same company just on a different exchange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

PLTR down 7.5%/$25 pre-market

33m in volume as well.

Advertisement