Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

My portfolio all in the red pre-market after a rough day yesterday. Another day of ignoring degiro and doing my actual day job I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Any good shares on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

cc87 wrote: »
    PLTR down 7.5%/$25 pre-market

33m in volume as well.

3 days post results the lock up period ends, that's today and looks look a lot of people are dumping their shares now they can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Bob Harris wrote: »
    3 days post results the lock up period ends, that's today and looks look a lot of people are dumping their shares now they can

Looks like there'll be a lot of shares available very soon

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/palantir-faces-big-test-80-100000156.html

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Baozun taking a hit today of 7% but I can see red overall, are we just looking at a correction do you think?

Clean energy has been getting hammered the last 3 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Yeah a red US opening for me today. Like another poster I might get back to the day job and ignore the markets till next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Took money and got out of clean energy stocks couple days ago.. kinda lucky now.

Not feeling overall market sentiment anymore.. for next while I am out anywa.. except for couple meme stocks, High Tide and Tritteras.

Might start to look for shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

All red...waiting for Mara to drop so I can buy more. Had sold more.than half at 40..

Between Riot and Mara which one is better? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I'm staring at my crypto account instead, it's hit an ath at least. That whole account is less than my combined share account losses the last week tho ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

CCIV on the up again

59.50 and rising fast.

What's the sell number? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

circadian wrote: »
    Yep, and it turns out that a stock I've been waiting to pull the trigger on isn't listed on Degiro :| IMVT been waiting for it to start tracking upwards again.

Actually, just throwing these out there for anyone looking to see if they can catch a bounce. Not 100% it'll come but I'm happy waiting.

IMVT, SONN, QUIK and KTRA. They're all hovering around low points at the minute and the volume I'd like to see isn't there. I'd imagine an increase in volume will cause an increase in price.

Here I am kicking myself. Volume up on QUIK today, up 44% already.

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Not feeling overall market sentiment anymore.. for next while I am out anywa.. except for couple meme stocks, High Tide and Tritteras.

Might start to look for shorts.

Pulling your money on a general red day isn't a good strategy in my opinion. Like returning a pair of shoes you bought the day they are sale for the sale price. Patience my man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

6 wrote: »
    CCIV on the up again

59.50 and rising fast.

What's the sell number? :)

anyone selling before DA is mad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Pulling your money on a general red day isn't a good strategy in my opinion. Like returning a pair of shoes you bought the day they are sale for the sale price. Patience my man

Agreed

I started winding down positions after GME/AMC wave.. before I get too big headed. Closed all clean energy stocks and ETF couple days ago.. Pure luck there. Seems like PLUG is dragging INRG down now. Also finished with my oil plays.. Was only short term. All in green.

Couple red days aint nothing new to me.. hence why I am leaving some meme stocks like NAKD and ATOS run.

I dont see anything attractive at the moment.. so debating tilting to short side.

Buy high sell low lol

Timmaay wrote: »
    Buy high sell low lol

Did this for my first year of trading.. Or sell at the drop, see its climbing again, buy back in at fomo and it drops even more. double kick in the nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Bloodbath out there today, if you'd told me WTI & Brent would be at $60 and you'd still get a drop like this back in April I would have laughed in your face...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Has anybody invested in, or know of, any Smart Materials companies? I know there are some big players in this field (GSK, Unilever), but are there any smaller stocks that are on your radar? Was thinking of something in the construction sector specifically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Cciv clenses all sins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

Market correction for the next while or just a red day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

another little pull back there...Apple in the range and PLTR too, will wait though to see the extent of sell-off before jumping in for PLTR.

anyone interested in Renewals, watch HASI - it's a renewables REIT.

with earnings season coming to an end, we may see a bit more pull-back...

rise in Jobless claims triggered todays drop, I guess market's waiting for excuse to take profits. :)

-8% now overall. Thank god I LOVE losing money.. gets my back up to start paying attention again, the red gets the bulls attention (I don't think anyone famous said that I think I just made it up). Will rework my strategy over the weekend and come back firing. Back to the day job for now!

Bloom energy BE - has dropped 25% since Tuesday, getting dragged down with Plug power etc. One to keep an eye on for an entry! I've been in and out since 4 - it's a wild one but the potential is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Fidelity - Since 1920 the S&P 500 on average has recorded a 5% pullback 3 times a year, 10% drop once every 16 months and a 20% correction every 7 years.

circadian wrote: »
    Market correction for the next while or just a red day?

Today and the last few days correction are mostly the high growth stocks, which have been on an insane run this year so far. The dip has barely registered on the s&p500, which is only back like 1.6% from its ath, a 6 or 7 % pullback would leave it back under that last dip during GameStop, and that would still be a very normal healthy correction. Not that I'm predicting this, just that I wouldn't bat an eyelid if it happened. in terms of the market, nothing has changed, people have cashed out today but that money isn't gonna be long sitting in their accounts before they lob it back in the market, the only question is will it rotate away to a different sector like crypto, or back into them good growth companies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Warren Buffett says he loves when stock prices are down. It means he can buy more stock. :rolleyes:

One man's panic is another man's opportunity.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Palantir sliding beautifully into buy zone, Will be interesting at market open tomorrow when the lockup is gone to see if it drops a lot more. I'll probably buy back in the afternoon tomorrow.

CCIV is holding down the other EV stocks for weeks. NIO will stop the bleeding when this settles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Bill Ackman speaking about PSTH at the PSH earnings...

Majority of his & companies time spent working on PSTH
    Won't announce anything until definitive agreement
    Timeline is "out of their control", possibly based on the company in question not PSH
    Wouldn't say anything about the company other than "it's a big one"
    Likely their next investment announcement will be the merger but no timeline mentioned

Basically.....nothing new.

Advertisement