Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

My Yahoo finance keeps telling me that Britain is the bees knees and economy is going to go gangbusters in spite of Brexit because of their successful vaccination program.

Will we see a a rise in retail when they emerge earlier than others? Clothes purchasing and holiday bookings going to shoot up!
    Talks of extending tax breaks for high Street retailers.

Boohoo still looking attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cc87 wrote: »
    I started investing last year after deciding money in the bank was doing nothing for me. Currently +7.3% (although was over 9% until WSB happened).

Avoided the chaos of this week largely except to buy some of the stocks that dropped as a result.

Current Portfolio:

INAQ (metromile) - Will see how this goes around the merger date and sell some but likely keep majority long term. metromile have real growth potential with their system along with only being in 8 states currently.
    BFT (Paysafe) - Similar to above.
    UWMC - It's been too cheap not to buy more since the merger, earnings next week should increase this. All going to plan should be nice dividend stock also.
    OCGN - Covaxin punt. Small holding if it pays off will return massively, if not it's a small loss.
    GEVO - Bought and sold some off with close to initial investment returned. Will keep the rest to see where it goes
    AMD - Bought a small amount the dip today, will keep long term. Possibly add more on dips
    PSTH - Only SPAC I own without a confirmed target. Complete silence from Ackman on this but will keep until target announced at least.
    PLTR - Have sold off a third of my stocks here at peak. Will hold long term and trim when it grows.
    DDDD.L - Currently down on initial investment. But very undervalued UK based pharma company. Should see growth once LOAC/DDDD NASDAQ listing takes place (Supposed to be Q1). Company themselves in late stages of a number of high value products.
    IAG.L - Bought near their lowest and will hold to see where it goes.

Plus a few other minor holdings that were mainly punts: STOB.L, BT.A-L, AML.L, HAT.L
    All currently green but will probably sell them all once they plateau.

UPDATE:

Still in: GEVO, OCGN, MILE, DDDD.L, IAG.L, BFT, UWMC, AMD, PSTH, STOB.L, BT.A-L, AML.L, HAT.L

UWMC...... :o
    Averaged down on UWMC.

Sold some OCGN & GEVO

Sold all PLTR, will rebuy.

Added: LOTZ, NRZ, CLOV.
    LOTZ looks oversold, has a lot of growth potential and at a low price currently. In @9.4
    NRZ is a mortgage based REIT with a high dividend and a potential spinoff IPO in the works.
    CLOV is a small position after it tanked due to the SEC investigation news.

EDIT: Also put in for pre-IPO shares in Cellular Goods.UK based synthetic cannabinoid company

Currently up 25% YTD (down from 32% at the start of the week)
    Besides looking for a nice entry into PLTR, that's my investment money for the foreseeable spent. House hunting now

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

mmmmm I love the smell of 10% movements in the morning

DutchYurt wrote: »
    mmmmm I love the smell of 10% upward movements in the morning

Unless you're the spawn of Satan, scum of the earth I've fixed your post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Bought more Novavax, Inc at the 249 dip on Wednesday. Closed at 265$ yesterday and now 290+ premarket.

It got upto 330$ last week before a large dip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Hopefully getting back into $CLOV today, its getting battered a little too much for the news that came out imo,

DDDD holding above 140 for the morning is good news, back to 170 next perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

masterK wrote: »
    And then followed that with $131m in Palantir yesterday.

And sold Twilio. Basically between their top conviction stocks, they sell any 5% jump, and buy any 5% drop. Great model

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

I am taking a breather. Had some gain in CCIV, GIK, ocgn, BNTX, AMD, PSTH, TNXP. Now out from all positions.

I Will start rebuying from next week.

Any interesting picks that I should do some studies on?

Aside from SPACs, I keep 50% for growth stocks.

Thank you all in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Unless you're the spawn of Satan, scum of the earth I've fixed your post :D

Hahaha gotta turn those negatives into positives, I like the edit however ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Gonna pick up some PLTR today and then might keep the powder dry for a couple of weeks / months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

jams100 wrote: »
    Good article on seeking alpha the other day.

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4406479-4d-pharma-impressive-immuno-oncology-data?__twitter_impression=true

They now have collaborations with merk and pfizer, Good safety data, nasdaq listing imminent, results from phase II covid also due in Q1, even though this isn't where they will make any money imo, might give a little bump in share price if results are positive.
    I'd happily buy more 4d but it's already 10% of my portfolio when you add in the spac part (loac) so for risk management purposes I don't plan on adding anymore even though I have serious conviction in 4d being up significantly by year end.

Whoever recommended this one initially, Good spot and fair play!

Performing well again today.

"The company estimates that they only have sufficient cash to last through Q3 2021, so dilution is imminent."

This part of the article gets me abit worried though, might be better to take the gains?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

DDDD doing very well today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

JDWW wrote: »
    Performing well again today.

"The company estimates that they only have sufficient cash to last through Q3 2021, so dilution is imminent."

This part of the article gets me abit worried though, might be better to take the gains?

It's worth waiting until after the NASDAQ listing at least.
    Should be announced very soon. They filed for the depositary shares yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

Do you will expect it will go up more or go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Slightly off topic I'm glad to see this thread has calmed down a lot compared to a few weeks ago!

Also happy to see almost all green across the board today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Looks like getting rid of ulster bank has given Nat West a bit of a boost today. Read in article that theres 3 billion euro in value that Ulster Bank/Nat West cant access because its locked up in reserves required by the govt. Still wouldn't be buying Nat West shares

• Registered Users Posts: 13 broccoli123

I went with $VTGN - VistaGen Therapeutics. They are a biopharmaceutical company developing a generation of novel medicines for anxiety, depression, primarily through nasal sprays One of their products in the pipeline is called PH94B(neuroactive nasal spray) that is in phase 3 awaiting results very soon(Q2 2021). It treats social anxiety disorder. With everything that's been going on in the last year we see lots of people suffering from depression and anxiety. When PH94B passes FDA Phase 3 development the price will go up significantly. I am in long at $1.97
    The recent surge is enough for me to cash out, considering a potential probable drop after the annual report.
    Just sold now at $2.65 for 35% profit.
    Got in Corsair while on discount at $39.03.
    Will update with next position, as currently waiting for a better entry point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Anyone bullish on Ford ($F)? I just bought 100 shares. It will be interesting to see if it benefits from the EV hype! Worth a punt imo at just 11.50 a share.

I have some LOAC. the IPO is relatively very small. Just 40 million. Once the merger goes through, it might have some large swings due to the low float.
    Just taking some chances here.

• Advertisement

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Anyone bullish on Ford ($F)? I just bought 100 shares. It will be interesting to see if it benefits from the EV hype! Worth a punt IMO at just 11.50 a share.

But the Float is 3.9 Billion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

another little pull back there...Apple in the range and PLTR too, will wait though to see the extent of sell-off before jumping in for PLTR.

anyone interested in Renewals, watch HASI - it's a renewables REIT.

with earnings season coming to an end, we may see a bit more pull-back...

rise in Jobless claims triggered todays drop, I guess market's waiting for excuse to take profits. :)

HASI up 12%, well everything flying today specially Green stocks.

correction over :D

jinish wrote: »
    But the Float is 3.9 Billion!

True! It will definitely be a long term hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did some maths on my portfolio. 30% is now in Crypto
    14.7% KR1
    8.4% Bitcoin
    7.4% Argo

Feels heavy but can't see any better use of the funds right now.

I just did the math.

After the merger goes through each LOAC will get 8 DDDD 4d American depositories to share.

Currently, 1 DDDD is 144.25 or 2.03 US$
    Today LOAC is trading at 14.1$ If we track DDDD price, it should be 16.24$

and there is a higher chance of the American dep shares to go up after the merger.

Some turbulence is expected and both these will align.

Posting this here for future reference:

$ABEV - 600 shares @ 2.82/2.80
    $F - 100 shares @ 11.50
    $TXMD -1000 shares @ 1.92/1.90
    $TIGR - 10 shares @ 32.63
    $ABBV - 50 shares @ 102.14/104.50

Will report back in a month! They're all long positions (pipe dreams).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Gonna pick up some PLTR today and then might keep the powder dry for a couple of weeks / months.

I was thinking the same pitty the train is gone. Had my chance yesterday at $24.5 didn't click the button.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Canonfan wrote: »
    I was thinking the same pitty the train is gone. Had my chance yesterday at $24.5 didn't click the button.:(

Yeah it's on a nice run right now. $30 could look cheap 12 months from now though, it's how I choose to look at it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Picked up Novartis today for CHF 79.20. Ark have taken a position in them, they are trading close to 12 month lows.
    News out today that they are to be included on the Moscow stock market along with about 30 other companies, so some Russian money flowing to these companies soon

Feb 19 (Reuters) - The Moscow Exchange says: :it will offer access to shares and depositary receipts of additional 33 international companies from March 1;.The newly admitted stocks are United Airlines Holdings, Home Depot, Gilead Sciences, Verizon Communications, Booking Holdings, Merck & Company, Oracle Corp, Honeywell International, Lockheed Martin Corp, 3M Company, Moderna, Take-Two Interactive Software, Freeport-Mcmoran, Halliburton Company, Baker Hughes (Class A), Gap, Toyota Motor, Sony, Novartis (ADR), PetroChina Co Ltd (ADR), Du Pont De.Nemours, Macy's, Comcast Corp A, Ebay, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Texas Instruments, Amgen Inc, T-Mobile US, Equinix Inc, Costco Wholesale, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals;.This will bring the total number of foreign securities available for trading on the Moscow Exchange to 88..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

Canonfan wrote: »
    Me too missed the train.. May be Monday?

Advertisement