Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

mickey15ie wrote: »
    Do you will expect it will go up more or go down?

I think it will go up around the merger for a while and then drop again like most mergers but in Q3/4 they will have results of a number of trials in asthma, Parkinsons & hard to treat cancers which should lead to a more long term increase.

NASDAQ listing will make it a more viable investment for the larger funds in the US as well which have biotech companies like 4D as targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭riddles

6PH.F could move up strongly following earnings mid March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Dont think anyone has missed the train on it, they will keep trucking along signing up massive contracts, I think the avg customer is 7m a year and they only really had the gov contracts before IPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

agree, we'll get chances again folks and it won't be long...don't get FOMO'ed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah I can honestly see PLTR hitting $50+ by the end of year barring some disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

circadian wrote: »
    Yeah I can honestly see PLTR hitting $50+ by the end of year barring some disaster.
    Got in at 28.49, let the Friday gamble begin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

bish76 wrote: »
    Got in at 28.49, let the Friday gamble begin

I followed you at $28.26, better late than never :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭elefant

jinish wrote: »
    I just did the math.

After the merger goes through each LOAC will get 8 DDDD 4d American depositories to share.

Currently, 1 DDDD is 144.25 or 2.03 US$
    Today LOAC is trading at 14.1$ If we track DDDD price, it should be 16.24$

and there is a higher chance of the American dep shares to go up after the merger.

Some turbulence is expected and both these will align.

I believe it's 7.5315 DDDD per LOAC, as per: https://www.lse.co.uk/rns/DDDD/proposed-merger-intention-to-seek-nasdaq-listing-hyq8uuzbiclaj8y.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Seriously thinking of depositing a bucketload on monday and buying a heap of GSK & Barrick Gold.
    GSK hitting 10 year lows this week, Gold price drop has meant that barrick is now under $20 for the fist time since last April.

Have positions in both already, but contemplating depositing and/or cashing in on a few of my runaway stocks (4D, Argo, QS, PLTR) and loading up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

retalivity wrote: »
    Seriously thinking of depositing a bucketload on monday and buying a heap of GSK & Barrick Gold.
    GSK hitting 10 year lows this week, Gold price drop has meant that barrick is now under $20 for the fist time since last April.

Have positions in both already, but contemplating depositing and/or cashing in on a few of my runaway stocks (4D, Argo, QS, PLTR) and loading up.

Would that not be messy CGT-wise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Would that not be messy CGT-wise?

Maybe if I sold them all...I'm not a large-scale investor (yet!), and am still holding plenty of donkeys at a loss to offset any gains come the end of the year.

GSK & Barrick are long-term hold for me anyway, not looking to flip those anytime soon. Just think they are value where they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

I am in GSK, opened two months ago. Its undervalued (and big pharma in general) at the moment. Gold is a good buffer against inflation and reached peak in August. Barrick gold on my watch list, just not sure if its time. I want to watch for another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

A crazy week on the markets. I’m delighted to be in green for the day after two rough days!! I’ve also entered my first two SPAC’s (HAAC & PDAC). I was looking at entering FRX for a few weeks but of course I hesitated and it’s jumped since. I’m sure there will be further dips next week so I’ll be hoping to enter another 2/3 SPAC’s possibly then. The SPAC’s I’m considering are: FUSE, RMGB & FRX. I hope everyone had a good week on the markets and enjoy the weekend break!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jams100

I've been monitoring GSK for a while now and pulled the trigger this evening...

The Good
    - They have partnered with curevac to manufacture 100 million+ doses of their vaccine if it gets approval, might get a bump if/when the phaseIII results get released by curevac(expected in Q1).
    - Covid is here to stay, with new variants all hope is not lost, they still have time to catch up and they are back in testing with Sanofi but only in phaseIIb trials
    - Have 20 "assets" in late stage clinical trials
    - Vaccines were a big business for GSK in 2019 $7+ billion
    - Trade at 11 * earnings
    - Planning on demerging their consumer healthcare business in 2022, I'm not sure I really see the good in it but I guess it could be that the market values these higher a separate entities
    - If covid keeps evolving and GSK do come good on the vaccine they have big manufacturing capabilities and have a proven track record of mass producing vaccines cost-effectively

The Bad
    - Their covid vaccine with Sanofi failed, back to phase II trials for their next attempt, this delay is costing $$$
    - They went Ex-dividend yesterday
    - They have warned that the dividend is to be "reviewed" from 2022, Currently 6.3%, (It's going to be cut) I don't really mind if its reduced so long as they are executing their strategies well, still likely to be cirrca 3+% imo
    - Total debt has increased by 30% over the past 5 years, currently $27.1 billion

Look, I see this one a bit like Intel and I was right on that one, markets tend to over reward and over punish companies. At the end of the day the human population is growing and people are living longer that = a need for more pharmaceuticals. Like all pharmaceutical companies they are going through a relatively bumpy period but that is the nature of this industry you ultimately need a bit of luck many treatments/vaccines fall at the final hurdle. To generate a near $6 billion in net income last year means they must still be doing something right! These behemoths are like massive ships they take time to turnaround, I personally like the dividend as this turnaround happens, I know others on this forum are pretty anti-dividend but each to their own I guess.

Everything you buy shouldn't be a SPAC/Hyper growth company. This, for me is a buy and sit tight for the next 5+ years. The time to buy is when there is blood on the streets and I'd be happy to average down on this if it continues to drop. Anyway, just my thoughts, dyor

Anyway some other recent buys...
    - Fortinet (FTNT)
    - Brookfield (BEPC)
    - Waste Management

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Everything in KR1's portfolio is skyrocketing over the weekend, Pokadot being the main one. Not sure if it'll be immediately reflected in the share price on Monday, but the value of the company is going signifantly in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Everything in KR1's portfolio is skyrocketing over the weekend, Pokadot being the main one. Not sure if it'll be immediately reflected in the share price on Monday, but the value of the company is going signifantly in the right direction

Can KR1 be purchased on Degiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

cronos wrote: »
    Can KR1 be purchased on Degiro?

Not on Degiro. Emailed asking for it to be added and was told there was no plan add. Frustrating as I've wanted in for a while now and have watched it grow! Think interactive brokers have it listed apparently

Yeah no it’s Interactive Brokers only at the moment (or phone up operators like Davy).

It’ll get listed on a bigger exchange in the next few months, which will allow far more people buy it and knock the price up again. If you want to get it is probably worth the effort to do it before that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Degiro must be aware of clients moving to in interactive brokers etc because of the lack of speed. As a client, I do hope that they do change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Degiro must be aware of clients moving to in interactive brokers etc because of the lack of speed. As a client, I do hope that they do change

Any downsides to interactive brokers? Are the fee's much more expensive. Could try having two accounts I guess although more to manage when you have a number of positions.

• Advertisement

They've never dealt in Over The Counter (OTC) stocks, Degiro only deals in the main stock exchanges, which to be fair, is most 90% of people would ever use.
    cronos wrote: »
    Any downsides to interactive brokers? Are the fee's much more expensive. Could try having two accounts I guess although more to manage when you have a number of positions.
    If you stick to the stocks that are on Degiro, it's the same fees. If you're buying over the counter stocks (like KR1), it's more expensive, $10 minimum per month (so covers the first $10 of commissions)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

I also sent the request to Degiro add that stock (KR1) - incredibly annoying to have to wait so long for additions

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Bhail

Any strong opinions on Adobe & AMD?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Bhail wrote: »
    Any strong opinions on Adobe & AMD?

I’m a photographer and based on my experience Adobe are just money grabbing bathstards. There is a whole movement rejecting them and moving to other rivals. There customer service is dreadful and they are regularly hacked.

However from a stock POV they were one of the first to jump on the subscription wagon plus there software is pretty much industry standard, but like I said there is a customer base dissent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Anyone know much about spacs, coming to Europe soon so it’s said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Anyone know much about spacs, coming to Europe soon so it’s said

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1360631921076809738.html?s=08 EU battery play still in 13's, EU won't want to rely fully on China for batteries and this should be the greenest play. If you have QS/thcb then this is worth picking up or looking into

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Anyone with a position in RLX?

Recent IPO of a Chinese e-cig/vape company? Market cap of just over 30b.
    Looks like a good prospect but China is starting to legislate more against e-cigs.

Pre-IPO shares were 12$, went up to 29$ and now settling around the 20$ mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jams100

cc87 wrote: »
    Anyone with a position in RLX?

Recent IPO of a Chinese e-cig/vape company? Market cap of just over 30b.
    Looks like a good prospect but China is starting to legislate more against e-cigs.

Pre-IPO shares were 12$, went up to 29$ and now settling around the 20$ mark.

Personally, I've made a decision over the past number of weeks not to go near Chinese stocks they are just far too risky imo.

Luckin - Out of business
    Alibaba (BABA)- Owner suddenly goes missing after speaking on communist regime
    EHang (EH) - Dropped 70% in one day last week
    (GSX) - Appears to be the latest one where they are fabricating the numbers.

And they are the only the ones that spring to mind...

I'm sure there are lots of decent Chinese stocks out there but I'm finding it too hard to separate the weeds from the grass, hence I'm going to be leaving well alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

jams100 wrote: »
    Personally, I've made a decision over the past number of weeks not to go near Chinese stocks they are just far too risky imo.

Luckin - Out of business
    Alibaba (BABA)- Owner suddenly goes missing after speaking on communist regime
    EHang (EH) - Dropped 70% in one day last week
    (GSX) - Appears to be the latest one where they are fabricating the numbers.

And they are the only the ones that spring to mind...

I'm sure there are lots of decent Chinese stocks out there but I'm finding it too hard to separate the weeds from the grass, hence I'm going to be leaving well alone

Has Jack Ma resurfaced yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

Gone the way of Jimmy Hoffa.

Advertisement