Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.businessinsider.com/hainan-china-jack-ma-golf-photos-2021-2?r=US&IR=T

Was playing golf in 'the Chinese Hawaii'.
    Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

hi all,
    Im not sure this is the right place to post, but im sure the mods or a regular poster can set me straight if i have to post thus elsewhere in the forum.

Ive never traded in stocks or crypto currencies before, but i am very anxious to make a start. Irs just something to have a bit of fun with and also obviously trying not to make big mistakes.

My plan is to invest €3000--€4000 at the start and add maybe €100-€200 a week to the initial investment after that.

I obviously want to inch my way in. I intend doing a few online courses before 1st investment but hoping to start sometime in March.

From reading up on it so far (especially reading through the various boards.ie threads), it seems maybe joining trading212 is the way to start? (advice welcome). Link appreciated if ye agree.

My initial thoughts are to buy maybe 3 crypto currencies and 6 or 7 other different investments, (all advice accepted on this, both on if I am thinking correctly in the number of different investments and if so, anybody got advice on any particular stocks i should look at?}.

I am a complete newbie so go easy on me please. Any help offered would be appretiated.

Thanks in advance

Connie

PS Ill probably post this on the crypto currency page as well. Does anyone think I should just be opening a new thread with this enquiry? TY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Does anyone know when CPNG can be bought and where?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Does anyone know when CPNG can be bought and where?

Gonna be on the NYSE and a few weeks away yet

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

feelings wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get a stock listed quickly on DeGiro? CPUH IPO today on Nasdaq but not listed on DeGiro.

You'll have to wait around a month for the Unit split, as any SPAC IPO will only be for units (common share+fraction of a warrant) and DeGiro are stuck in the stone age and won't allow you to buy Units... so you have to wait for the split and then wait for them to be prompted by someone into listing the damn thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

KR1 plc going well this morning. Had a fill or kill in for it over the weekend which got rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

I've been tracking European Renewable energy stocks and they've had a bit of a correction lately, namely ORSTED, VESTAS, RWE, I wonder is now a good buying opportunity? ORSTED for example is 25% off it's peak in Jan.
    What I do know is the EU have set green targets so this is the trend (but I'm probably 2-3 years late in identifying it) but is there now a green energy bubble and too much ESG, Green, Greta sentiment has overvalued the stocks?
    Anyone have any good opinions on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Might be a good time to get into FTOC, at it's lowest since announcing Payoneer merger.

A lot of growth potential here.

cc87 wrote: »
    Might be a good time to get into FTOC, at it's lowest since announcing Payoneer merger.

A lot of growth potential here.

They don't like fintech in SPACs atm - they'd rather invest in 3D renders of companies that have never produced anything and don't forecast profits for years. Both FTOC and FUSE doing very poorly, but they're actually productive and scaleable businesses. Plenty examples of the same trend last year - wouldn't be surprised to see 20-25$ out of them by years end at all. Betsy Cohen also a smart cookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

US Pre-market looks slow, mostly reds but minor.

Crypto very red over weekend but signs of bounce back appearing

Notables:

CCIV up 13.5% to 60usd pre-market from a difficult close on Friday

MARA down 10% pre-market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

ADZAM wrote: »
    I've been tracking European Renewable energy stocks and they've had a bit of a correction lately, namely ORSTED, VESTAS, RWE, I wonder is now a good buying opportunity? ORSTED for example is 25% off it's peak in Jan.
    What I do know is the EU have set green targets so this is the trend (but I'm probably 2-3 years late in identifying it) but is there now a green energy bubble and too much ESG, Green, Greta sentiment has overvalued the stocks?
    Anyone have any good opinions on these?

Orsted are overvalued, oil and gas majors like bp with bigger balance sheets are encroaching on their territory, as evidenced by the offshore wind crown estate auctions in the UK.

RWE today announced that because their Texas wind farms were out of commission during the freeze they it could cost them 9 figures, expecting operating profit to drop 20% because of that. If you want in maybe wait for that dip.

Vestas probably the best of the ones you mentioned, although they too might struggle to deliver shareholders expected value based on supply chain bottlenecks. They have the best IP and most patents, good market share but rising costs (metals mainly) and Siemens Gamesa undercutting to gain market share them may start to hurt their price.

In my view the renewables space as a whole is overvalued but its constituent components are still lagging behind, I would look for exposure to metals and mining companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Is DeGiro stuck for others? I have Argo on LSE and says 280GBX but can see it's dropped almost 10%

MAJJ wrote: »
    Is DeGiro stuck for others? I have Argo on LSE and says 280GBX but can see it's dropped almost 10%

Have you paid for Real Time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

15 min price delay on most stocks on degiro. You can tell by the amber dot with "15" after the ticker. If it's a live price it will be a green dot with "BT" after.

Look for the (15) delay thing above the ticker. DeGiro charting is wonky at the best of times, only use it for orders and use Yahoo Finance or better, IBKR or WeBull or something decent as a paper account to keep an eye on updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

15 min price delay on most stocks on degiro. You can tell by the amber dot with "15" after the ticker. If it's a live price it will be a green dot with "BT" after.

Cheers Lintdrummer am aware of the 15 min delay and still not changed for 90 mins.

Cheers Chinese Whisper, Wasn't aware of the real time option to pay, will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bad morning for KR1 and ARB, not reacting too well from a pullback in Bitcoin. It's obviously correlated somewhat, but a bit of an overreaction IMO. Bought some more ARB @ £2.55

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Yeah, it's showing 280GBX for me on Degiro
    Have you paid for Real Time?

You should try out Excel Sheets or Google Sheets. They seem to be more Real Time than Degiro.
    ARB is showing as 265 for me when I get Excel to check it.

BCLI tanking, down 30%

Degiro seems to be down too, not accepting orders.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I only use DeGiro now when I actually want to make a trade. I have my portfolio replicated in Yahoo finance which I find way handier and has fairly real time information. Fairly straightforward process albeit it will be a bit time consuming to set up different tranches of shares etc so you have a proper sense of your +/- overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Guess (GES) is on a tear, just broke out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

pioneerpro wrote: »
    They don't like fintech in SPACs atm - they'd rather invest in 3D renders of companies that have never produced anything and don't forecast profits for years. Both FTOC and FUSE doing very poorly, but they're actually productive and scaleable businesses. Plenty examples of the same trend last year - wouldn't be surprised to see 20-25$ out of them by years end at all. Betsy Cohen also a smart cookie.

Agree if it's not EV related, they're discarded...I'm looking at THBR who're merging with a Indie semi-conductors...looks like not many takers for them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Agree if it's not EV related, they're discarded...I'm looking at THBR who're merging with a Indie semi-conductors...looks like not many takers for them either.

THBR id a good one, I sold for CCIV but will buy back after, great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Good day for IAG. Wonder if it will lead to a sell-off before earnings on Friday.

I'm long in IAG, it might dip a bit but don't think it'll drop much...now that US and UK kinda opening...All long haul Airlines jumping today.

been watching AI, it's on a downward trend from start of Feb and is down 25% from its recent highs...it might stabilise around 115-120...looks very attractive. Zillow, Alteryx, Fastly, Jfrog all in price range

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    THBR id a good one, I sold for CCIV but will buy back after, great price.

I'd be incredibly wary of them.

indie Semiconductor used to be AyDeeKay and made a loss of $17 million on sales of $23 million in 2019.

They then went for one last hail-mary and decided they were doing EV Automative SoC play... with no prior experience in the market whatsoever.

Their *only* value currently is in a stated 'backlog position' and a bunch of linear graphs, in an industry where most of the big boys are vertically integrated.

With THBR you're basically gambling that they'll still have orders, and be able to fulfill them on a blue chip delivery and creditor timescale. Even with their wildly optimistic projections (and remember, this is SPAC so not subject to regulations re profits) they don't break even for over 2 years by their own admission.

Finally, this common notion that there's a 'semiconductor shortage' is FUD btw, and more to do with embargos that post-Chinese New Year could yet be rectified.

Thanks mate for the info

Thanks mate for the info

Just one viewpoint mind, always good to hear both sides. Some citations for my interpretation as well if you want to dig a bit:

Slide 33/34 on the Investor presentation available here
    https://www.indiesemi.com/investors

https://www.eenewsanalog.com/news/lossmaking-indie-semi-go-public-14-billion-deal

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Got an Interactive Broker account setup and bought K4H (KR1) today on the dip. Not straightforward to setup and purchase but will hopefully be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

cc87 wrote: »
    Good day for IAG. Wonder if it will lead to a sell-off before earnings on Friday.

Ah what meant to be pull the trigger on Friday. Nice bounce I'd say based on BoJo's press conference today

Advertisement