Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Just one viewpoint mind, always good to hear both sides. Some citations for my interpretation as well if you want to dig a bit:

Slide 33/34 on the Investor presentation available here
    https://www.indiesemi.com/investors

https://www.eenewsanalog.com/news/lossmaking-indie-semi-go-public-14-billion-deal

Sure will dig in this evening. Thanks
    Kilough wrote: »
    Got an Interactive Broker account setup and bought K4H (KR1) today on the dip. Not straightforward to setup and purchase but will hopefully be worth it.

How did you buy them, I can't even see their price On IB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Rivian have some Big backers, that would be brilliant if IPOF get that.

IPOF on the move

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Looks like a bit of red day - just picked up some more PLTR @ 28, anyone see anything in this dip which is to good to ignore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Looks like a bit of red day - just picked up some more PLTR @ 28, anyone see anything in this dip which is to good to ignore?

Alteryx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

AMD is worth a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

What do Palantir do? Organise and make Big Data in companies and Governments useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kilboor wrote: »
    What do Palantir do? Organise and make Big Data in companies and Governments useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Posh Boy

Hi all, new to this like many others, took a (very) small position in PLTR after doing quite a bit of reading on this forum in relation to them. Just wondering what the general consensus is in terms of where people see this going. I know it's not going "to the moon" but since I'm a newbie I've no idea how to look at it and plan a good exit strategy other than take a profit if I hit a certain percentage. Is it a long hold or medium term hold or just another elevator to ride whilst it is rising?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

[HTML][/HTML]
    crushproof wrote: »
    Ah what meant to be pull the trigger on Friday. Nice bounce I'd say based on BoJo's press conference today

Been a great day for them. I'm up 21% with them to date. In it for the long haul. It may dip again but routes will eventually open up and drive the share price up.

Only temptation is to cash in now and hope for a decent dip to buy back in to.

Disney having a great day too.

Crypto spoiling what would otherwise have been a very nice day all round. That'll bounce back too though in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

ShaneU wrote: »

That company would take me a long time to research before I'd buy. Quite a big market, not sure of competitors, and CEO is a bit offputting. Best of luck to any holders anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

Pulled the trigger on SPPI, hit confirmation on my 2 hour, 4 hour and day charts. Here's hoping it gets going quicker than Eros did. Still lingering around my buy price like a bad smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

PLTR are in deep with the FBI & CIA, they are not going away anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

retalivity wrote: »
    PLTR are in deep with the FBI & CIA, they are not going away anytime soon.

Yep target customer tends to be the large corporations & govt agencies - typical deal size starting at €7m and grows fast!....they dont have many customers but once they get a foothold, particularly in govt agencies, they are locked in for the long haul....its a mid to long hold for me anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Thank fook I've been flatout all day here. Seriously red day ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Timmaay wrote: »
    Thank fook I've been flatout all day here. Seriously red day ha.

I badly need a green day tomorrow! When is Biden going to announce this stimulus package!? That should boost my green stocks anyways!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Sure will dig in this evening. Thanks

How did you buy them, I can't even see their price On IB :)

They trade under K4H on the Stuttgart exchange. I'm presuming the Euro price on here is directly linked to the KR1 Sterling price and the KROEF Dollar price. An in-depth look at KR1 below, this guy's been following them for a while

https://wexboy.wordpress.com/2020/11/21/kr1-plc-the-crypto-alpha-bet/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Sold my holdings in Jet Blue and Southwest Airlines today, both are almost back to pre-covid prices. I can't help but think there's a few ups and downs to come before they are out of the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Not feeling overall market sentiment anymore.. for next while I am out anywa.. except for couple meme stocks, High Tide and Tritteras.

Might start to look for shorts.

Shorted BTC last evening. Was a bit a of gamble. Hit my exit profit order while I was out for a walk today. Seems to be recovered. Prob will do it again. Dont think itll breach ATH this year.. but its crypto so who knows...

Shorted MFH and PLUG.

Was gonna get back to oil and energy stocks but real life got in a way.

This treasure yields and inflation seem to have equities spooked. Whats peoples take on this going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,486 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Shorting Crypto? Balls of steel !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Shorted BTC last evening. Was a bit a of gamble. Hit my exit profit order while I was out for a walk today. Seems to be recovered. Prob will do it again. Dont think itll breach ATH this year.. but its crypto so who knows...

Shorted MFH and PLUG.

Was gonna get back to oil and energy stocks but real life got in a way.

This treasure yields and inflation seem to have equities spooked. Whats peoples take on this going forward?
    Really, you just happened to short BTC at the all time high last night and took profits today before it recovered?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Shorted MFH and PLUG.

I'm down 25% on plug, if you could stop shorting it I'd really appreciate it. Thanks x

What a red day for me, Alteryx, Edesa, Plug and BE all taking a beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

And unilever keeps falling ...

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

SPAC rather than standard stock, but BOWX look like they're getting WeWork.

This chap usually very legit BB terminal leaker.

https://twitter.com/ShaiTrading/status/1363983014657679361

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I'm down 25% on plug, if you could stop shorting it I'd really appreciate it. Thanks x

I'm down 25% on a small few stocks, crispr the main one (which I averaged down slightly with another few shares of today), most other negative stuff are fairly small positions in pennystocks, the last week has seen 20% wiped off my overall portfolio jezz, the last time I saw a swing like this was last March, its a hell of alot more palatable when most your portfolio is reasonably well in the green overall.

LUCID DA announced with CCIV :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Sweet lord, if you thought Airbnb was crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

pioneerpro wrote: »
    LUCID DA announced with CCIV :eek:
    And the price is tanking after hours? Don't get it

ShaneU wrote: »
    And the price is tanking after hours? Don't get it

No circuit breaker AH and selling the news...Cutler having a fit on twitter lmfao. Could be another stop-loss raid, for the third trading day, not sure how that works with AH trading. Glad to see the back of them, they're a crap car company and are going to have a serious uphill battle with Rivian and others going ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

DutchYurt wrote: »

Everytime you buy a stock can you post it here and bold it so we all know what stock to short. Thanks 🙂

Advertisement