Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Timmaay wrote: »
    I'm down 25% on a small few stocks, crispr the main one (which I averaged down slightly with another few shares of today), most other negative stuff are fairly small positions in pennystocks, the last week has seen 20% wiped off my overall portfolio jezz, the last time I saw a swing like this was last March, its a hell of alot more palatable when most your portfolio is reasonably well in the green overall.

I’m heavy on crsp, been a tough couple weeks. I’ve no cash to hand but i might exit some other positions to buy more crispy crsp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

pioneerpro wrote: »
    LUCID DA announced with CCIV :eek:

Very disappointing people are selling off. Also without after hours access you can't do anything but watch. I'm holding though. Anyone got any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

cronos wrote: »
    Very disappointing people are selling off. Also without after hours access you can't do anything but watch. I'm holding though. Anyone got any thoughts?

They did a few very stupid/smart things.

Ran it AH without an SEC filing
    Ran it AH fullstop (no breakers)
    Retail investor size is $11.75B
    Reported size is $24B

So for some reason they decided to include what the PIPE is paying... 6 months after the merger?? Nuts

Also some crazy paperhanding atm. But a lot of people (fools) who bought the absolute top did so on **** like RH so don't have AH access either. Tomorrow will see it settle out a bit I reckon, but sobering stuff. Don't get involved in hype SPACs kids! PSTH next.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Thargor wrote: »
    Really, you just happened to short BTC at the all time high last night and took profits today before it recovered?

ha are you still long?

shorted at 55, it went 57, then blew past my profit order at 50 all the way to 47.. and its down today.

it is highly correlated asset and it wont be going 100k on its own. Everyone and your granny took profits after 50k, I just follow the crowd.

PS. I am still bleeding on some stocks, but hoping for March turn around. But I ll be looking at longing gold cdfs with gambling account, seems people still prefer it as a store of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I’m heavy on crsp, been a tough couple weeks. I’ve no cash to hand but i might exit some other positions to buy more crispy crsp.

Cathie woods is very bullish on the whole genomics area but does regularly say its a 5 or 10yr long term play, so I'm happy enough to build up my portfolio to around 5% genomics slowly across time and am definitely not sweating over short term action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

SmokyMo wrote: »
    ha are you still long?

shorted at 55, it went 57, then blew past my profit order at 50 all the way to 47.. and its down today.

it is highly correlated asset and it wont be going 100k on its own. Everyone and your granny took profits after 50k, I just follow the crowd.
    A lot of investment chatrooms have rules against posting amazing hindsight trades like this for a reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Thargor wrote: »
    A lot of investment chatrooms have rules against posting amazing hindsight trades like this for a reason...

A great point and important for any new investors just getting started.

How many people are going to come on here and post that they have had big losses?

More than likely it will be a majority of success stories and after timing at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

There's an aftertiming rule in the gambling forum - if you're going to do it, back it up with proof and screenshots.
    Maybe should be enforced here as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

Point taken. Was going to post position screenshot but felt that would be too cheesy.

Will refrain from post like that in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭JoeCole26

Another red day for me it looks like - this has been a tough couple of weeks. NIO my biggest loser at the minute. Will just need to sit tight for the next year or so. Annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Been looking to buy into FSLY for a while now. Cam be somewhat volatile though. Anyone else thinking of buying the dip today? Presuming it doesn't open above 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

In Derigo is there a way to change losses to green and gains to red?? Might make me feel a bit better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I got in at 13 with about 3k, interesting to see the rise and fall but I will hold as I can afford to and am hopeful (without any facts or knowledge) that it will have a future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

JeffKenna wrote: »
    In Derigo is there a way to change losses to green and gains to red?? Might make me feel a bit better!

It's that way in China isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

jams100 wrote: »
    Everytime you buy a stock can you post it here and bold it so we all know what stock to short. Thanks ��

Sure thing, if you go to the very first comment on this thread you'll see a good portion of what I have ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

CCIV down 40% pre market, a lot of investment gurus on Twitter will be out of pocket, I believe it was popular in here too. How did people get into this?

I'm all in favour of riskier investments but I can't see how this is anything other than pure speculation and one which crossed the line from investing into straight gambling.

I guess if you got in early enough you're probably still sitting on some gains.

Play with fire, get burned etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Cathie woods is very bullish on the whole genomics area but does regularly say its a 5 or 10yr long term play, so I'm happy enough to build up my portfolio to around 5% genomics slowly across time and am definitely not sweating over short term action.

Yea I’m in for the long haul, just red days are harder on the soul than green days ;-) I’ve been in since $38 so can’t complain

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

I'm down 25% on a small few stocks, crispr the main one (which I averaged down slightly with another few shares of today), most other negative stuff are fairly small positions in pennystocks, the last week has seen 20% wiped off my overall portfolio jezz, the last time I saw a swing like this was last March, its a hell of alot more palatable when most your portfolio is reasonably well in the green overall.

I feel you pal, between my degiro and crypto exchange trades I've lost 30% of my overall gains in the last 24 hours. The $1B moved off coinbase hasn't helped anything.. but then again don't win/loss until you sell right! Here's hoping today is somewhat better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Haven't set my eyes on anything new since the new year began.

My portfolio:

$ANVS - Bep of 11 dollars (been adding over the last week) - up 162%

$BZUN - Don't even really know why I'm still holding this. Set a price target of 60 and it hit around 57 two weeks ago but I think the market's valuation has changed to be more positive in the long run since trump is gone (We also had a crazy good year for Chinese e-commerce and Baozun are making moves on smaller competitors) - BEP of 35 dollars or thereabouts

$PVR - Must be coming up on nearly a year of holding Providence Resources now. Bep of 4.5 pence so I'm still happy where we are. Last two weeks have been annoying, IG forced closing of margin positions for Providence Resources holders on their brokerage, and in general the bonds news hasn't arrived yet. It's still on track though and there should be an update at AGM today.

All in all a very solid year so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Crspr stocks I'm holding

Editas Medicine
    Intellia Therapeutics
    I started a small position in Applied Genetic Technologies Corp yesterday, but have a feeling they may fall back a bit more over the next while so I'll dollar cost average into them.

I am watching CRISPR Therapeutics but will sit on my hands for another while, they have no catalysts for the share price for a while so I'm hoping for good news from Editas first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Picked up some Fastly and Alteryx last nite, also added some Hammerson - with UK opening up in next few months...great scope there. trying to pick some ARB.L this morning.

Add a mix of IT/recovery play stocks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think $35 is a more reasonable price for it unfortunately. Big pump last week, you're back to where it was a week ago now. Just ignore the bits in the middle and it's not too bad.

A company with zero revenue can't have a $100bn valuation, I learnt that lesson last year with Nikola

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Red day for Bitcoin too is taking ABR and KR1 down with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Red day for Bitcoin too is taking ABR and KR1 down with it.

I suppose it's good for us, who couldn't get in earlier :)

Looks like a BIG RED day coming up. everything down in premarket...Green stocks taking a beating

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I think $35 is a more reasonable price for it unfortunately. Big pump last week, you're back to where it was a week ago now. Just ignore the bits in the middle and it's not too bad.

A company with zero revenue can't have a $100bn valuation, I learnt that lesson last year with Nikola

Nikola was running a scam though. Didn't see that as a valuation issue. Was aware of the story though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I thought you had exited your position in CCIV a few days ago cronos. Either way you are still very much in the money having gotten in early

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Yea I’m in for the long haul, just red days are harder on the soul than green days ;-) I’ve been in since $38 so can’t complain

You mean CRISPR Therapeutics AG right? fair play.

I thought you had exited your position in CCIV a few days ago cronos. Either way you are still very much in the money having gotten in early

No sadly I held. Disastrous day as most of my other stocks are down circa 10%. Have to start making hard decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Holy hell what is going on with CCIV?

Looking at the pre market and I'm down 10% across the board. This is the worst since March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭roosterman71

The worst thing a lot of people could do today is look at your portfolio. Unless you have some spare cash to go buy something cheap. Otherwise, stay well away for a while. Will be some huge panic selling once the US wakes up and sees what's happening, which will only drive things down more. Could recover later in the day a little once things settle.

Personally, I'm sitting on my hands and have faith that most of my holdings will rebound. After all, the loss today so far only brought me back to where I was on on Feb. 2nd

Advertisement