Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

anybody got any love for S4 Capital? (SFOR)?

seems to be a grow by M&A media company in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

JeffKenna wrote: »
    It really is very cheap. Didn't have money in my Derigo account yesterday so had to use Davy's to buy 200 shares of OCGN. Custody charge of €25 along with €14.99 commission. Sur no way will I ever make money on that trade.

Outrageous charges really, can't see them doing much business from share trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Just put a buy order on Hive (CA$). Assuming it will jump on opening in line with BT this morning. I put the buy limit at 10c over the current SP on Degiro. Will that guarantee my purchase or how does it work on opening if there is a lot of buy orders in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Cpfm wrote: »
    ...question for Degiro users. There's always movements showing on US stocks before trading starts. Are these related to after hours activity?
    I've tried to validate the movements a few times against after hours on yahoo etc but never been able to.
    I luckily picked up some more upwork yesterday ahead of an 18% pop. oddly the % increase is still sitting there so I dunno if this is a bug or something else?

yeah for some reason, it's showing pre-market prices for Upwork but not for other stocks...which is strange...probably want to cheer you up with the gains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

yeah for some reason, it's showing pre-market prices for Upwork but not for other stocks...which is strange...probably want to cheer you up with the gains :)

its working :pac:... only ray of sunshine after a few very red days..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

daheff wrote: »
    anybody got any love for S4 Capital? (SFOR)?

seems to be a grow by M&A media company in the UK.

Founded by Martin Sorrell, ex-CEO of world’s largest media agency holding company WPP, before being ousted due to some scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    THBR id a good one, I sold for CCIV but will buy back after, great price.

Regardless of my previous comment about their prospects as a company, fair chance THBR and CAPA will both see a pump today out of this news.

https://twitter.com/Street_Insider/status/1364551364861452289

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

Couldn't say no, look at that uptrend. Heavy civil engineering company in USA. I don't know about anyone else but after this polar vortex has cleared there's going to be a hell of a lot of infratstructure requiring work.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Iag absolutely flying it up roughly 40% since I bought in 4 weeks ago or so. Doing its best to offset the Dips in the high market cap stocks I own in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Regardless of my previous comment about their prospects as a company, fair chance THBR and CAPA will both see a pump today out of this news.

https://twitter.com/Street_Insider/status/1364551364861452289

Saw something to that extent last week - its barely sitting above nav.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

BFT/Paysafe merger should be in place by the end of March according to yesterday's earnings call.

Might be a good time to get in at it's current price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Telo123 wrote: »
    Iag absolutely flying it up roughly 40% since I bought in 4 weeks ago or so. Doing its best to offset the Dips in the high market cap stocks I own in the last week.

Same (30% up for me). Trying to figure out at what point to get out. It has a long way to go to get back to it's pre-Covid highs but I feel like one bit of bad Covid news and there'll be a big dip. Original plan was to hold long term though so I should probably stick to the plan and not worry about losing all those gains.

Saw something to that extent last week - its barely sitting above nav.

I hate it tbh, but barely sitting above NAV is of very little detriment to something popping with a good acquisition. I've about 10 different SPACs that I'd take as much as I could get on margin that are barely above NAV due to being pre-rumour and in sectors people don't understand or consider. It's where I make my bank - get in at ~$10.50 and your downside is beyond minimal when you have a $10 price floor pre-merger completion.

cc87 wrote: »
    BFT/Paysafe merger should be in place by the end of March according to yesterday's earnings call.

Might be a good time to get in at it's current price.

I'd take FUSE/FTOC any day of the week over BFT. Although FUSE has recovered since yesterday already sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Bacchus wrote: »
    Same (30% up for me). Trying to figure out at what point to get out. It has a long way to go to get back to it's pre-Covid highs but I feel like one bit of bad Covid news and there'll be a big dip. Original plan was to hold long term though so I should probably stick to the plan and not worry about losing all those gains.

Yea I get you I can see it dipping again but not to the 1.60 mark that I got in at. Prob dip on the earnings announcement but it really is a 2/3 year hold imo. Only way I can see it collapsing if there is a new variant which the vaccine won't work for.

Caveat Emptor today, in for a choppy ride. Bitcoin dropped and futures dropping.

Not going to buy today, sees RAAC. Love the space. And of course Degrio don't have it..

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

SQ down 10% because logic.

Exited out of my IAG position with a nice 60%~ return - will see what earnings brings and come back after. I think IAG will survive and they never took a bail out!

Not going to buy today, sees RAAC. Love the space. And of course Degrio don't have it..

AONE they do have though... bouncing off $12 atm. Had the same facepalm moment when I saw the news re:RAAC, so sick of DeGiro.

I have exited 75% holding of IAG jumping on #metoo :), looking to exit 50% of NCLH.

Hammerson flying today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭supue

Anyone having issues getting into Degiro - I can't get in via web or app, both timing out?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

supue wrote: »
    Anyone having issues getting into Degiro - I can't get in via web or app, both timing out?

All good here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭supue

Thanks, back now, momentary fear something big had happened

tempted to get LI Auto before they release their earnings. Chinese trio of NIO, LI and XPEN have been down last month...so good numbers might bump them.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

tempted to get LI Auto before they release their earnings. Chinese trio of NIO, LI and XPEN have been down last month...so good numbers might bump them.

I don't know, in this crazy market good numbers usually lead to a price drop look at square today.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Carnival up 46%, BEP is 19.05- planning to hold until end of year. TUI is up 40%, BEP is 3.74 - planning to hold until end of year
    Both GSK and Pfizer are down ~5%. Planning to sell GSK as soon as it hits BEP but will keep Pfizer.

Got back into psth today, lots of DA noise then just saw this., 😊 comon bill give us what we want. (I also don't think psth will be stripe but hopefully still a good one)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Argo back up above $4.10 - an nice recovery after last few days.

I don't know, in this crazy market good numbers usually lead to a price drop look at square today.

I know, but the thing is in case of SQ and other names...they've been climbing up in anticipation good numbers before the release...so once they are out people are profit taking however the likes of LI, NIO have been down/consolidating in the last month or two...so good numbers might push them....or as you said people might dump them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Got back into psth today, lots of DA noise then just saw this., �� comon bill give us what we want. (I also don't think psth will be stripe but hopefully still a good one)

What does this mean, some kind of precursor to a merge potentially?

Advertisement