Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

bfa1509 wrote: »
    What does this mean, some kind of precursor to a merge potentially?

Likely means they are close to announcing for PSTH and preparing for their next spac but just speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

What does this mean, some kind of precursor to a merge potentially?

They filed for a second spac so hopefully some news for the first one soon. I'm only guessing though tbh, it's been a long time and would have been mad with gamestop, cciv making all the noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

cc87 wrote: »
    Likely means they are close to announcing for PSTH and preparing for their next spac but just speculation

The serial SPAC filing trend is very much a real thing; usually indicates reasonably short-term announcement. It's pretty certain not to be Stripe though, lets be honest.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

CCIV is running around 30. Will appreciate suggestions about guide price to buy?

bish76 wrote: »
    CCIV is running around 30. Will appreciate suggestions about guide price to buy?

Whales literally loading up atm... huge volume buys incoming. Multiple 50k+ @ 30-31

Where the entry exit is, and what they're going to do in terms of stop-lossing the **** out of it in the next week no one knows.

If you don't like volatility stay out. If you invest on fundamentals stay out. If you can't handle the heat stay out!

• Advertisement

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Whales literally loading up atm... huge volume buys incoming. Multiple 50k+ @ 30-31

Where the entry exit is, and what they're going to do in terms of stop-lossing the **** out of it in the next week no one knows.

If you don't like volatility stay out. If you invest on fundamentals stay out. If you can't handle the heat stay out!

Thx, got it at 31.12. Lets see

Thx, got it at 31.12. Lets see

Stimulus announcement Friday, couple of catalysts tomorrow. You've a good fighting chance of it seeing $35 this week; but there will be *wild* swings and they've a habit of raiding stop-losses on it. The last hour of trading and AfterHours will be where you'll see the 24h gains for this, so be aware that swinging red during the day mightn't be all doom and gloom.

G'luck with it, that **** gives me stomach ulcers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Stimulus announcement Friday, couple of catalysts tomorrow. You've a good fighting chance of it seeing $35 this week; but there will be *wild* swings and they've a habit of raiding stop-losses on it. The last hour of trading and AfterHours will be where you'll see the 24h gains for this, so be aware that swinging red during the day mightn't be all doom and gloom.

G'luck with it, that **** gives me stomach ulcers :D

Do you have a bloomberg terminal out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Has UWMC finally hit its floor? :o

Could be the second day running it ends green......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I sold out CCIV yesterday at $35. Would consider re-entry at $30.

Also take a look at PSAC. Hit $19 when they announced merger with Faraday future motors recently. Down now to $15-ish after yesterday's bloodbath.

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    Do you have a bloomberg terminal out of curiosity?

If I'd 25k a year to drop on one I wouldn't be on here lmao. I hang with some nice people who share though which helps from time to time; tbh you'll get as much value out of following the people who tweet snaps unless you're day trading on margin and/or using the bloomberg API.

If I'd 25k a year to drop on one I wouldn't be on here lmao. I hang with some nice people who share though which helps from time to time; tbh you'll get as much value out of following the people who tweet snaps unless you're day trading on margin and/or using the bloomberg API.

Haha ya guessed someone with a terminal wouldn't be on here. But you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

cc87 wrote: »

Hope it's Roblox :pac:

Haha ya guessed someone with a terminal wouldn't be on here. But you never know...

There's no daytrading culture due to our tax rules re:holding losses for CGT and all the rest, and you see how bad the likes of the 'established' brokerages literally rip you off coming and going. So the kind of people with BB anywhere in Ireland tend to be... officious at best.

Keep an eye on these two twitter feeds to even up the odds a little

https://twitter.com/ShaiTrading
    https://twitter.com/DeItaone

Sold CCIV at 29.5

Very disappointing overall to be honest. May turn out to be a terrible decision but need to lock in some profits.

It's just been incredibly hyped; turned into a Shakespearean affair altogether which just should not be happening with SPACs, nevermind just after a DA.

Look at all the other stuff that announced today - RAAC/DMYI/AONE and the nice steady progression. CCIV are running out of shares again and the short volume is spiking, so you'll see silly pressure at arbitrary resistance lines both up and down. So hard to know how and when they'll apply pressure, but you can be sure of dramatic swings.

Under normal circumstances this absolutely deserves to retrace to 38$ this week, but the red market yday sucked *so* much money out of retail investors and a lot of people ended up paper-handing and selling for loses at like 40 from 60. Stimulus cheques in the US Friday combined with payday will see a lot of people buying in at the ATH-50% imo to take another crack at it (i.e. around 30$).

In short though, stay the **** away from PSTH and anything that's spiking sentiment on Reddit or via Alex Cutler in the near-future. FRX is going to have a lot of bagholders yet imo. You wanna play SPACs as opposed to sentiment, go in near-NAV like you're supposed to and DYOR on emergent sectors - most people throwing money at CCIV are doing so with a GME/AMC/NOK sentiment and are late to the party.

It's just been incredibly hyped; turned into a Shakespearean affair altogether which just should not be happening with SPACs, nevermind just after a DA.

Look at all the other stuff that announced today - RAAC/DMYI/AONE and the nice steady progression. CCIV are running out of shares again and the short volume is spiking, so you'll see silly pressure at arbitrary resistance lines both up and down. So hard to know how and when they'll apply pressure, but you can be sure of dramatic swings.

Under normal circumstances this absolutely deserves to retrace to 38$ this week, but the red market yday sucked *so* much money out of retail investors and a lot of people ended up paper-handing and selling for loses at like 40 from 60. Stimulus cheques in the US Friday combined with payday will see a lot of people buying in at the ATH-50% imo to take another crack at it (i.e. around 30$).

In short though, stay the **** away from PSTH and anything that's spiking sentiment on Reddit or via Alex Cutler in the near-future. FRX is going to have a lot of bagholders yet imo. You wanna play SPACs as opposed to sentiment, go in near-NAV like you're supposed to and DYOR on emergent sectors - most people throwing money at CCIV are doing so with a GME/AMC/NOK sentiment and are late to the party.

If it drops to the mid 20's might jump back in but momentum brought this thing up and I'm worried it will bring it down irrespective of the business. I think I exited 80 or 90 percent up so I'll take it but I was up 240 percent at one point so was tough to part ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

Sold CCIV at 29.5

Very disappointing overall to be honest. May turn out to be a terrible decision but need to lock in some profits.

Yep I cut it loose at buying price, should have dropped it yesterday when I was up but expected it to keep going. Alas.

STRL is slow but gaining constantly for me, up about 5% today since I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Posts like this make me long for the Rigolo era...

I wonder where that handsome chap went to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

Yes he made some monster calls. Clearly it he was doing it all wrong thanks to our new board expert.

Sentiment is a massive driver in this market. Ignore it at your peril.

• Advertisement

Had a quick glance at his post history lmao - not sure how to take that!

Edit: Yeah the second post cleared that up for me. Sound.

Sentiment is a massive driver in this market. Ignore it at your peril.

Lmfao, I literally trade about 20% of my portfolio on pennies on the toronto venture exchanges - stuff the hedges won't go near. I've an API scraping Reddit on a 3 minute polling time. More to the point I watch the pump and dump groups. I'm just careful as I don't particularly enjoy carrying losses for 4 weeks like I'm in a bloody abusive relationship or something.

You might also note that I put up a sentiment trading post re: SPAC filings in the last few hours :D
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116394206&postcount=4774

So yeah, you do you. But if you're trying to insinuate that you're somehow swing trading or selling covered calls while being tax domiciled in Ireland I honestly don't believe you. And if you're not, I'd love to hear how you cover your ass on YOLO trades because I've never figured it out. Feel free to share your expertise with the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

Lmfao, I literally trade about 20% of my portfolio on pennies on the toronto venture exchanges - stuff the hedges won't go near. I've an API literally scraping Reddit on a 3 minute polling time. More to the point I watch the pump and dump groups. I'm just careful as I don't particularly enjoy carrying losses for 4 weeks like I'm in a bloody abusive relationship or something.

So yeah, you do you. But if you're trying to insinuate that you're somehow swing trading or selling covered calls while being tax domiciled in Ireland I honestly don't believe you. And if you're not, I'd love to hear how you cover your ass on YOLO trades because I've never figured it out. Feel free to share your expertise with the community.

What are you on about? Fortunes have been made in this market recently following sentiment.

CCIV was purely driven by sentiment and it went from 12 - 65. Posters on this board were all over it and other plays.

Hardly anybody here trades penny stocks or YOLOs trades. And please don't worry yourself about my tax affairs.

Did you get lost on the way to your twitter account? Seriously take a breath lad.

CCIV was purely driven by sentiment and it went from 12 - 65. Posters on this board were all over it and other plays.

So you got in near-NAV then and sold the top with no safety net? Good man. Look forward to reading your picks.

WT... I just did. Was trying to put stop loss on CCIV and sold it at market rate :) The dream of buying high and selling low and paid degiro fee on the top. Need a drink.

WT... I just did. Was trying to put stop loss on CCIV and sold it at market rate :) The dream of buying high and selling low and paid degiro fee on the top. Need a drink.

Mistakes happen. I've done something similar before. At least it's not too far from your buy price.

Mistakes happen. I've done something similar before. At least it's not too far from your buy price.

It happens unfortunately! I had an absolutely dire one on DeGiro during meme week trying to sell around a peak and getting the dreaded 'you must be within 20% of current market price' message, and then fatfingering the market sell. It's one of the things that annoys me the most about the platform; being forced to use a delayed UI button in real-time as you can't set proper limits for your Price Target ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

Alright, so I've been working with finviz for a while now and have some screeners done for myself. I've had mixed results with them and it doesn't help if I'm dipping my toes into SPACs and crypto related businesses. I'm finding biomedicine really volatile at the minute so I'll be keeping away unless there's a sure thing like OCGN a while ago.

Here's one I had a smash at today and it seems to have worked. Obviously, with screeners you're seeing all the trigger points after the fact but you still have an idea of trajectory etc. Combine that with some DD on the company and I'm a lot happier in my decision making.

https://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=211&f=fa_eps5years_pos,fa_epsqoq_o20,fa_epsyoy_o25,fa_epsyoy1_o15,fa_estltgrowth_pos,fa_roe_o15,geo_usa,sh_instown_o10,sh_price_o15,ta_highlow52w_a90h,ta_rsi_nos50&ft=4&o=price

There's one for bullish trends. Again, this doesn't mean it'll continue but at least it singles out some stocks to take a closer look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

GameStop go f&#k yourself we don't need this all kicking off again after yesterday ha.

• Advertisement

Speaking of sentiment trades:

image.png

20:38 - Sweet Jesus - IT HALTED
    image.png

Advertisement