Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Speaking of sentiment trades:

image.png

We may have found where the CCIV money went.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Speaking of sentiment trades:

image.png

**** sake, bought 100 shares earlier at 50 and sold at 51 thinking it was a nice trade. Never saw that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,487 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

GME up 73% to $78

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

HALTED - II

image.png

Hilarious if this goes crazy again :pac:

What did it hit last time? $500?

• Advertisement

6 wrote: »
    Hilarious if this goes crazy again :pac:

What did it hit last time? $500?

$420.69+; maybe $440. I sold some at about half that and have some still riding from the way down :D
    Looking forward to StableLad123s screenshot of all his sentiment driven gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

They appear to be all off again, to some extent
    GME, AMC, NAKD

AMC up 20% which is bizarre as the short interest is so low lmfao. G'wan the lads!

The absolute scumbags are halting GME till the bell. Vlad will be getting another phonecall tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

I saw a $350 spike on GME earlier and though it was odd but went on with my day. Should have moved in on the omens!

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    I saw a $350 spike on GME earlier and though it was odd but went on with my day. Should have moved in on the omens!

You could no longer exercise puts in the last 15 mins and they literally halted it till the bell in contradiction to all SEC guidelines. This could honestly get it delisted tomorrow as I don't think they can cover their shorts this time; the stock isn't there and the short% was through the roof. They'll find a way of pulling the rug no doubt, but from a moral point of view I'm bloody delighted - especially after Vlad's interview with Portnoy last night :D

aaaaaaand Reddit is down! The whole site!

Wall Street Bets offline again

This is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Wall Street Bets offline again

Madness if all this is happening again!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Time to pause the buy ins again LOL MADNESS

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Madness if all this is happening again!

It seems to be, $110 now

$116 now :pac:

Insane after hours volume

Stocktwits is amazing, I've never seen so many messages before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

6 wrote: »
    $116 now :pac:

Woohoo...1 of my shares is in the money ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm holding a little AMC and GME on Revolut.
    Just hit my break even after today's jump, it's money I am not too worried about and can afford to lose...
    But!

Sweet mother of Christ, today was the most exciting market watching I've seen in years and I have been on crypto for years!
    20% swings are nothing new, but to see both the meme stocks pump so hard and fast is mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

I posted Reddit stock scrapers here today then took Another glance later , saw GameStop and thought "wow that's so out of date".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

It's just been incredibly hyped; turned into a Shakespearean affair altogether which just should not be happening with SPACs, nevermind just after a DA.

Look at all the other stuff that announced today - RAAC/DMYI/AONE and the nice steady progression. CCIV are running out of shares again and the short volume is spiking, so you'll see silly pressure at arbitrary resistance lines both up and down. So hard to know how and when they'll apply pressure, but you can be sure of dramatic swings.

Under normal circumstances this absolutely deserves to retrace to 38$ this week, but the red market yday sucked *so* much money out of retail investors and a lot of people ended up paper-handing and selling for loses at like 40 from 60. Stimulus cheques in the US Friday combined with payday will see a lot of people buying in at the ATH-50% imo to take another crack at it (i.e. around 30$).

In short though, stay the **** away from PSTH and anything that's spiking sentiment on Reddit or via Alex Cutler in the near-future. FRX is going to have a lot of bagholders yet imo. You wanna play SPACs as opposed to sentiment, go in near-NAV like you're supposed to and DYOR on emergent sectors - most people throwing money at CCIV are doing so with a GME/AMC/NOK sentiment and are late to the party.

The simple rule that kept me away from cciv was it just never pulled back to its 20day ma, I certainly don't base everything off the charts, but they are a very useful to keep check on your own emotions/opinions/hunches on a company. When a company pulls that far away from its 20day ma (which it did 6trading days ago when it jumped from 35 to 55), you absolutely should be expecting a retracement within a short time, the more green days you get after that the higher the risk of a snap drop. Its always a tough battle between letting your winners run and take profit's (which is why I'm always in favour of taking 1/4 profits on the likes of that 55$ day). I had a similar trade with EHang back in Jan, fast rise from my entry of 22 to 33, and I closed everything out at 33, but then it kept running all the way to like 120 ffs ha, but then suffered a very rapid pullback to 50. I guess its easy for me to say this from the outside, but there were far far too many people blinded by the wild hype and not willing to accept any negativity, that made yesterdays rug pulling very difficult. Personally by now I'm alot more in favour of slower and more steady trades (well no, slow and steady 100% growth in a month ha), but stuff that rockets away from the 20day ma like cciv did and near triples in a week, you absolutely need to be ready for a major pullback at any stage, and the whole emotional rollercoaster of when/if your going to get out.

Ok who wants to create a new "non gme/amc/wsb 2021 share picks" thread lol?

Timmaay wrote: »
    The simple rule that kept me away from cciv was it just never pulled back to its 20day ma, I certainly don't base everything off the charts, but they are a very useful to keep check on your own emotions/opinions/hunches on a company. When a company pulls that far away from its 20day ma (which it did 6trading days when it jumped from 35 to 55), you absolutely should be expecting a retracement within a short time, the more green days you get after that the higher the risk of a snap drop. Its always a tough battle between letting your winners run and take profit's (which is why I'm always in favour of taking 1/4 profits on the likes of that 55$ day). I had a similar trade with EHang back in Jan, fast rise from my entry of 22 to 33, and I closed everything out at 33, but then it kept running all the way to like 120 ffs ha, but then suffered a very rapid pullback to 50. I guess its easy for me to say this from the outside, but there were far far too many people blinded by the wild hype and not willing to accept any negativity, that made yesterdays rug pulling very difficult. Personally by now I'm alot more in favour of slower and more steady trades (well no, slow and steady 100% growth in a month ha), but stuff that rockets away from the 20day ma like cciv did and near triples in a week, you absolutely need to be ready for a major pullback at any stage, and the whole emotional rollercoaster of when/if your going to get out.

What charting site do you use? Trading view?

Biggest financial story since 08, amazing to see it play out.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    What trading software do you use? Trading view?

Ig spreadbetting app, which is free. I mostly use stocktwits but charts are muck on it. I used yahoo finance for a while, but stupid charts default to 1m everytime you click off a chart, whereas ig keep them on the previously opened the whole time, one click only needed to go from the stock in my watchlist to that chart also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Odd how Reddit crashes as this kicks off. The users on the WSB forums etc. are a drop in the pond compared to their overall user base.

The tinfoil hat wearer in me says something sinister is afoot with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

GooglePlus wrote: »
    The tinfoil hat wearer in me says something sinister is afoot with them.

I think you're right Gemma

Advertisement