Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭borus22222

JDWW wrote: »
    Holding on for the moment could see another few days of growth into next week...albeit a very small holding.

Small plays in Kistos SPAC (KIST) and PSTH too.

Like the look of HBAR crypto as well.

What's is the easiest way to get HBAR?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Soo, in a moment of madness/fomo or whatever you want to call it.

I went on a SPAC buying spree a few days ago.

PSTH
    INAQ
    APSG
    BTAQ
    CCIV
    PIPP
    RBAC
    RTP
    SNPR

Most of these are well-known on this thread already except maybe

RBAC (Redball Acquisition Corp) its a sports franchise betting focused SPAC, rumours about merger with Fenway sports Group

https://investorplace.com/2021/01/rbac-stock-13-things-to-know-about-redball-acquisition-on-red-sox-spac-merger-rumors/

BTAQ (Burgundy Technology Acquisition Corp) seems to be looking at a Tech target possibly in Israel. Couple of former CEO's of big US tech companies behind it.

Small positions and basically a roll of the dice DYOR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Soo, in a moment of madness/fomo or whatever you want to call it.

I went on a SPAC buying spree a few days ago.

PSTH
    INAQ
    APSG
    BTAQ
    CCIV
    PIPP
    RBAC
    RTP
    SNPR

Most of these are well-known on this thread already except maybe

RBAC (Redball Acquisition Corp) its a sports franchise betting focused SPAC, rumours about merger with Fenway sports Group

https://investorplace.com/2021/01/rbac-stock-13-things-to-know-about-redball-acquisition-on-red-sox-spac-merger-rumors/

BTAQ (Burgundy Technology Acquisition Corp) seems to be looking at a Tech target possibly in Israel. Couple of former CEO's of big US tech companies behind it.

Small positions and basically a roll of the dice DYOR

What prices did you buy in on for each? BEP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭roosterman71

One more SPAC for consideration is Greenrose Acquisition Corp.($GNRS). Weed based focus. With Biden in situ now the Democrats are planning to legalise marijuana. Lots of weed tickers should see an uptick. $GNRS currently around $11 with the SPAC floors usually $10. Might be some money here if it gets a bump

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

People gone mad on the SPACs

• Advertisement

SPACticks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Spac's are money if done right. If you get in near the floor you can ride a lot of them up to 15-20 dollars before merger and get out. I have only held a few after merger as with some pipe investors and profit takers dump but you need to do the research. The spac's closer to the Billion mark with good teams are consistently doing well for investors. I don't see anything better on the market than spac's for the average investor to make money at the moment, it will burst and they'll be the first to tank if the market tanks but the upside for the last 8 months or so has been worth getting in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Everything Motleyfool advised me to pick is up from December,
    Crowdstrike, Disney, Autodesk , and zoom. Zoom being the worst performer but still up 1%.

Virgin galactic was a wee risky one I picked.. up 33%

And Nio up 25%

eVERYTHING IS GREEN IN unrealized gain

I hope this trend continues . Im glad I subscribed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

DutchYurt wrote: »
    When did PIPP get added? I never got an email back from Degiro, typical.

Any way some GOOD NEWS, after 2+ years of seeing my Degiro being in red every day (it really ****ing sucks). It's finally in the green a good bit. Best advice to anyone starting out keep emotion out of it (I'm very emotional) and patience patience patience!

Thanks to everyone who contributed in the 2020 thread and here. Lots of lessons learned here and a good place to vent at times!

Cheers to you!

Gone from 11 to 14 in the last few days. I checked Degiro yesterday morning and it wasn't there.

Still a buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

One more SPAC for consideration is Greenrose Acquisition Corp.($GNRS). Weed based focus. With Biden in situ now the Democrats are planning to legalise marijuana. Lots of weed tickers should see an uptick. $GNRS currently around $11 with the SPAC floors usually $10. Might be some money here if it gets a bump

Not too sure how SPACs work, but would you get exactly 1 share per $11 invested.

If so I can't see many newcomers (which they all are really) commanding that share price ! Looks like they'd buy a bunch of different companies nd streamline them all together (and throw in some drinks company as that's trendy nowadays), interesting play if that's what they are going to do. I think they've about 7 months to do the deal so there might be a bit of a run up given all the other pumping going on.
    Get in and get out quick I'd say.

• Advertisement

Crowdstrike, Disney, Autodesk , and zoom. Zoom being the worst performer but still up 1%.

And Nio up 25%

How much does that cost?

Would you be able to publish some of it here as your reading it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

80s Child wrote: »
    Gone from 11 to 14 in the last few days. I checked Degiro yesterday morning and it wasn't there.

Still a buy?

Its there now but wasn't when I posted it at the good price, trading212 actually had it so I am going to sign up as a second account cause degiro takes a while to get money in and can be slow to list, and you can deposit with your debit card with trading 212.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

And Nio up 25%

Would you not consider then just buying ETFs?

Its very hard to pick a losing stock at the moment.. I d be wary of blindly following something like that.

Is there a way to check their picks for the last 10-15 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

A day of corrections for me it seems. Lemonade and NIO leading the pack in the red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

crushproof wrote: »
    A day of corrections for me it seems. Lemonade and NIO leading the pack in the red.

Anything in particular driving nio down? I thought the announcement of the plans for an independent factory would have been positive news on the share price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

SmokyMo wrote: »

Its very hard to pick a losing stock at the moment.. I d be wary of blindly following something like that.

They've a pretty strong record of picking stocks that outperform and they generally promote an ethos of buy and hold for 3-5 yrs i.e they are not plucking stuff out of thin air and trading on noise.

But agreed on the point re following them blindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Yup, same here... I think a secondary share offering in Lemonade is the cause of it going down..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

PLTR the only shining light for me today.

All the LSE stocks down due to UK economy moving back into to recession...forgot to minimise my LSE exposure post-brexit, still have a heap of stocks there doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Cpfm wrote: »
    Yup, same here... I think a secondary share offering in Lemonade is the cause of it going down..

& a Citron Short Report on LMND being released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The ironically named Citroen Finance released a scathing report yesterday explaining why it thinks Lemonade is going to $100 - they've shorted the stock obviously.

Stock markets are closed Monday, there's often red days leading into 3 day weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

VW 1 wrote: »
    Anything in particular driving nio down? I thought the announcement of the plans for an independent factory would have been positive news on the share price.

3-day weekend in the US as well. Probably has a few off-loading stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Damn you Sleepy Joe and your pi$$ weak stimulus plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The ironically named Citroen Finance released a scathing report yesterday explaining why it thinks Lemonade is going to $100 - they've shorted the stock obviously.

Stock markets are closed Monday, there's often red days leading into 3 day weekends.

I'm still way up on Lemonade but disappointed to see it lose its recent gains. Was my best performer Still a great long term prospect though.
    LSE stocks taking a hammering today. Done well on Boohoo but even despite their excellent results recently they've plummeted

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

€CCIV on the move

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm still way up on Lemonade but disappointed to see it lose its recent gains. Was my best performer Still a great long term prospect though.
    LSE stocks taking a hammering today. Done well on Boohoo but even despite their excellent results recently they've plummeted

Don't worry about Lemonade. It's just a pullback, its back to the same price it was last Friday. That's a long term hold, it'll be above $200 by the summer. This is one we could still be holding in 5 years time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »
    Almost nothing standing out on my watchlist of like 30 or so good growth stocks, nearly everything is what I'd call fairly extended and due a bit of a pullback ha, the market sort of feels like last September, when the Nasdaq randomly sold off, so I'm largely happy to keep 20% in cash for now waiting for better buying opportunities.

And here it came only a day later lol, this is why I rarely trade the breakout, you're in for a whole lot of pain if a stock is extended and your only getting into it, probably in for an immediate -10%, especially with growth stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

€CCIV on the move

Yup CCIV, If this goes ahead with Lucid this is going to be the new Tesla.

CYIO like wise and a lot of talk this could go all the way to a $1 before the end of this year easily.

I’m all in on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

borus22222 wrote: »
    What's is the easiest way to get HBAR?

I set up an account with Binance. I believe you can use a debit card to deposit funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

SmokyMo wrote: »

Im not blindly following . I keep an eye on the markets.
    Yahoo, cnbc and here. If you have any other recommendations on information sources I would be very willing to hear.

They have records of everything on the site . Free to view. They recommended Amazon , shopify, tesla and the like when they were properly cheap ..

I believe since 2002 their stock picks are up 560% . That sold me. they give fairly good fundamentals and figure on their analysis of each pick.

It cost 89 euro . I have a few thousand invested so far, so its paid for itself.
    I am investing for retirement and not attempting to day trade..

They have a couple of advisers . Tom and David Gardner . I can post up their picks as they come up. But as soon as they post it, especially Dave Gardner, the stock goes up. So you miss the first bump.

• Advertisement

Im not blindly following . I keep an eye on the markets.
    Yahoo, cnbc and here. If you have any other recommendations on information sources I would be very willing to hear.

They have records of everything on the site . Free to view. They recommended Amazon , shopify, tesla and the like when they were properly cheap ..

I believe since 2002 their stock picks are up 560% . That sold me. they give fairly good fundamentals and figure on their analysis of each pick.

It cost 89 euro . I have a few thousand invested so far, so its paid for itself.
    I am investing for retirement and not attempting to day trade..

They have a couple of advisers . Tom and David Gardner . I can post up their picks as they come up. But as soon as they post it, especially Dave Gardner, the stock goes up. So you miss the first bump.

Definitely worth posting this info for us along with the time received. People will see it's working then and can sign up.

Advertisement