Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Hate buying on green days. Up .75% today...

Wish there were a few red days to buy in!

Lol, I'm gonna save that post and hammer it right back at you the next major crash after we've had a week of blood on the streets and your begging for it to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

nathan99 wrote: »
    Bought into Volkswagen 3 months ago and im up 100% percent so far , if any one is looking for an electric vehicle stock , i would recommend doing some research into Volkswagen as they will be the biggest manufacturer of electric vehicles in the future.

This is how they are cheating the emissions now - sticking a socket on their diesels :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Anyone transferring their 4D Pharma shares from AIM to NASDAQ? - just saw this https://www.4dpharmaplc.com/en/investors/us-listing-resources but I reckon I'll just leave them where they are

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Anyone in on DMTK? Flying in pre-market with the good news from yesterday. I’m happy now that I bought more the other day ago at 34 when lots were selling off!! You would expect a lot of people to take some profits today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Anyone transferring their 4D Pharma shares from AIM to NASDAQ? - just saw this https://www.4dpharmaplc.com/en/investors/us-listing-resources but I reckon I'll just leave them where they are
    Saw that, what's the benefit if I was to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Geely Automobile is killing me... I am now down 30% on this stock and it just seems to drip further and further... definitely one I regret buying... Bullish on cyber stocks still though - FireEye and CrowdStrike for me! Two stocks with really strong TAM to grow further

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Bit the bullet and bought 2k worth of TDOC. I think it's a good pick for the longer term.

Half thinking of deleting the Yahoo finance app now. It's almost too good at what it does. I don't really need to be keeping an eye on the intraday movements of my portfolio but can't help myself if the app is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Bought 10 CRISPR shares and another 5 BABA shares.

BABA makes up about 30% of my portfolio. Very confident it'll return to it's highs...it's too big a company not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Bit the bullet and bought 2k worth of TDOC. I think it's a good pick for the longer term.

Half thinking of deleting the Yahoo finance app now. It's almost too good at what it does. I don't really need to be keeping an eye on the intraday movements of my portfolio but can't help myself if the app is there.

I did the same on TDOC and similar amount, I think good long term too and healthy balance sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I bought the "first dip" to double my position a month ago. Have used video doc's a few times personally, it's such an easier process than going to sit in a doctor's office, while we all can't wait to go back to meeting people and getting away from Zoom, doctor visits is not one of those.

Teledoc also has a few great extras that will shine in time (Livongo, Best Doctors).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Bought 10 CRISPR shares and another 5 BABA shares.

BABA makes up about 30% of my portfolio. Very confident it'll return to it's highs...it's too big a company not to.

It turns out Charlie Munger has accumulated $37 Million worth of Baba.
    If he's happy to hold Baba then so am I.
    Baba is My fifth largest position.
    I'm thinking of opening a position in Baidu as-well, I had it on my radar before but never realised it had dropped in price. Sven Carlin does a good intro to them. Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

4D Pharma (Nasdaq : LBPS) up on Degiro now. (I requested it).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The new EU VAT laws coming in July will hit BABA's personal customers in this part of the world. They are already building warehouses in places like Poland to get around it, but won't be as cheap as the Chinese prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

retalivity wrote: »
    The new EU VAT laws coming in July will hit BABA's personal customers in this part of the world. They are already building warehouses in places like Poland to get around it, but won't be as cheap as the Chinese prices.

Yes, funny I'm trying to order as many things I can think of from China in advance of this, consumables etc

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Coincide

Was looking at BABA for a while myself. Had not pulled the trigger. The last few weeks has me quite cautious.

retalivity wrote: »

Very little impact on the bottom line. BABA are much more than aliexpress. They're growing their cloud computing platform.

I see them as China's Amazon.

Coincide wrote: »
    Was looking at BABA for a while myself. Had not pulled the trigger. The last few weeks has me quite cautious.

Has anything fundamental changed in BABA's business?

The CCP crackdown + US delisting threat could be seen as some but I don't think they are at all. The CCP thing will blow over and BABA won't be delisted.

Unreal train of dark clouds one after the other for Baba over the last months. First it's the Ant IPO then Jack Ma going missing, then the threat of delisting from Trump, then accounts being questioned, then the Chinese government fines them for Monopoly practices., EU..etc...etc.
    Yet it still keeps growing yoy.
    Diamond hands here,
    Baba current Mcap $600 million
    Amazon's is $1.6 Trillion
    Once the shackles are released from baba it could easily make the Mcap of Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

Baba current Mcap $600 million
    Amazon's is $1.6 Trillion
    Once the shackles are released from baba it could easily make the Mcap of Amazon

Now that would be cheap ;)

The problem is when your buying Chinese stocks you also have to accept that your buying into a communist party who on any given day could say they don't like how big a company is getting and can just stop a company in its tracks as quickly as you can turn on a light switch.

If your looking at their financials then they're a buy everyday, but there is a reason why they aren't anywhere near Amazon's market cap and comparing it to amazon from a market cap perspective is a bit disingenuous in my opinion especially as you highlighted how they've already had their reigns pulled in by the communist party.
    Your presuming the shackles will be released, there is a fair chance they might never be released

I have been burned a few times by Chinese stocks and I've learned my lesson, I won't be touching any Chinese stocks for the sake of my health. (I didn't lose much btw, but I didn't have to in order to learn my lesson).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Interest thoughts (or attack) on the US by the JPMorgan CEO
    https://reports.jpmorganchase.com/investor-relations/2020/ar-ceo-letters.htm

Overview of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJd_CGKirlI&ab_channel=MeetKevin

Nice hat tip to Irelands economy in there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 steer

Does anyone have any thoughts on volkswagon , or is it too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

steer wrote: »

There’s a thread here Steer

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058149298/1/#post115897957

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

It's funny, I found myself looking at VW and thinking "hmm, share price looks a bit frothy for me, missed the boat on this one I think".

I know fundamentals have become a bit of a meme these days, particularly when we're looking at mid cap growth stocks but this is a company with a PE ratio of a measly 15x and is well positioned to be a major player in the EV market. TSLA PE is 1061x for reference.

I think as long as they avoid any more scandals, the future is pretty bright for them. One would hope that after the defeat device scandal that they are working towards being top of the class in terms of transparency and compliance, maybe that's naive on my part but it's worth noting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cc87 wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at Immupharma? IMM.L.

Have a lupus drug about to start a phase 3 trial and held meetings with the FDA about it in December. Lupus drugs tend to trade at a premium with very little effective treatments available.
    Slightly in debt but have the cash in reserve to cover it if needed. Currently funded til end 2023.

Trading at an all time low now at 8p, with one analyst setting a PT of 100p

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/941682/immupharma-the-life-sciences-division-s-dr-malik-says-shares-are--oversold--reiterating-buy-rating-941682.html

Thought I would bump this.
    Looks like the SP bottomed at 8p with a 13% increase so far and buy volume starting to ramp up. Been threatening to break 10p all day.

No news on Phase 3 or FDA yet but expected Q2
    549562.png

Had a quick look,
    Jezz the MCAP is very small for a company about to start a phase 3 trial. I must investigate further
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

what's the general feeling about Skillz Inc. (SKLZ). It's further down today, running at $17.0
    Update.. decided to buy 50 shares @ $16.99. Happy with BEP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Does anyone know of any way of watching CNBC? It's gone from my iptv provider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

CLOV up 24% today. Can't find any news to explain this.

Advertisement