Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Sweet!

Wouldn't be surprised to see it slide down through PM to +1.5/2% though

I was hoping for an initial drop followed by a quick rebound. But that's not going to be happening now. But yes I could see it drop back into the 220's based on recent performance. But I'm more inclined to buy now around 220. I was hoping to get back in at 210 to 215 but think I was being too cheap.

Anyone got any thoughts on MILE? Metromile. Bought in at 9.91 as I thought it would stick around NAV at 10 but seems to only be continuing down thus far anyway. Doubt it will slide much lower but just thinking about if I'll sell back at break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

I bought some MILE @ $9.50, I think it's a good one to hold.
    It has gotten slaughtered in the last few weeks (-52% off all time highs, similar to Lemonade and Root), Ryan Graves (Uber) invested recently and they are very much at the beginning of their journey, operating in 8 US states today, as more come online you'd imagine it will grow. As people return to work in urban areas, you would imagine the pay-per-mile model is appealing to them, it also offers lower premiums to drivers with self-driving and safety technology. And they have a partnership with Ford where Ford sell their insurance at point of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone got any thoughts on MILE? Metromile. Bought in at 9.91 as I thought it would stick around NAV at 10 but seems to only be continuing down thus far anyway. Doubt it will slide much lower but just thinking about if I'll sell back at break even.

I've been in MILE for a while......down about 30% currently. I think it has a lot of growth potential, it's only operating in a small number of states currently (8 i think) but with plans to expand quite rapidly over the next 2 years.

It's taken a hit with the general spac lash but also it's business model isn't exactly suited to a pandemic and the general lack of travel. It's most recent earnings were considered not too impressive as a result.

Once the US starts to open up fully and people start driving around more, it's premiums should start to claim back up again hopefully along with it's share price.

Sort of a growth and recovery stock in one almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

BABA doing nicely +8%

Covering all my other red today...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Bought 10 CRISPR shares and another 5 BABA shares.

BABA makes up about 30% of my portfolio. Very confident it'll return to it's highs...it's too big a company not to.

Todays a very Green day for you:D

Baba gathering momentum again over the last hour, if it keeps going it could finish close to $250.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bawnBeag

Getting hammered with ASXC down 18%

ADZAM wrote: »
    I bought some MILE @ $9.50, I think it's a good one to hold.
    It has gotten slaughtered in the last few weeks (-52% off all time highs, similar to Lemonade and Root), Ryan Graves (Uber) invested recently and they are very much at the beginning of their journey, operating in 8 US states today, as more come online you'd imagine it will grow. As people return to work in urban areas, you would imagine the pay-per-mile model is appealing to them, it also offers lower premiums to drivers with self-driving and safety technology. And they have a partnership with Ford where Ford sell their insurance at point of sale.

Broke 9, rough day. I wouldn't fancy having bought this at it's highs.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

bish76 wrote: »
    what's the general feeling about Skillz Inc. (SKLZ). It's further down today, running at $17.0
    Update.. decided to buy 50 shares @ $16.99. Happy with BEP
    SKLZ further down. Added few more. Happy to keep it for next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

GEVO on the slide again today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

bish76 wrote: »
    SKLZ further down. Added few more. Happy to keep it for next few months.

Yep, got back into skillz today, good entry point imo, of course it could drop down another bit to $14 but that's just an opportunity to add to position, this should be a decent long term holding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

My Portfolio of Tech, BioTech, chip makers, Commodites, EV's (in other words my entire Portfolio) Taking quite a beating today.

Picked up a few QS, C3, PLTR to bring down BEP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

$SPCE - C U N T

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

bawnBeag wrote: »
    Getting hammered with ASXC down 18%

I got absolutely hammered with every single stock today! Maybe best if I don’t look at my portfolio for a few weeks now and just hope it recovers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    $SPCE - C U N T

In fairness it's a risky play throwing stuff into space. I know too with a small $46 punt that I still hold .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

MAJJ wrote: »
    In fairness it's a risky play throwing stuff into space. I know too with a small $46 punt that I still hold .....

Earnings on 4 May will be a train wreck. We need that test flight ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Todays a very Green day for you:D

Baba gathering momentum again over the last hour, if it keeps going it could finish close to $250.

Only two of my 10 stocks are in the green - up 2.1% today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

More LMND, MILE and SKLZ for me today to adjust BEP. Running out of cash and patience - resistance of these stocks is lower then support in Feb :)

LMND average BEP 100.91
    MILE average BEP 8.85
    SKLZ average BEP 16.37

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

jams100 wrote: »
    Why I'm so bullish on Nvidia:

- There is such a demand for their products that there are still shortages even after them increasing supply
    - Sales were up 61% year over year (2019-2020)
    - The acquisition of ARM for $40 billion (ARM develops low-power chips for mobile devices - and it supplies technology to most of Nvidia's competitors, now I'd be a little surprised if this actually went through, but Nvidia said that they are making "good progress" towards acquiring ARM in their recent earnings call, was expected to take 18 months, time shall tell.
    - Company posted an impressive $5 billion in sales in Q4 of 2020
    - They are so dominant in the GPU market right now that when they released their RTX 3060 GPUs they were almost immediately sold out. These GPUs were also being used for Crypto mining and Nvidia had to find a way of reducing their power for cryptos just to keep up with the gaming demand side.
    - This month they are releasing a specific line of Crypto GPUs, they are expected to contribute 50 million in sales in Q1. This will always be small fry for Nvidia as their money is to be made in the GPU gaming market. (The crypto market has a ceiling)
    - They have good momentum in the automotive market with their electric vehicle OEMs, including NIO, SAIC, Xpeng and Li Auto, these are all using the Nvidia drive platform to power their next generation vehicles
    - Partnered with Mercedes to create a 56" wide screen which is powered by Nvidia cockpit technology and is now in 1.8 million cars (Recurring software revenues).
    - Data centres contributed $1.9 billion in Q4 2020 and 6.7 billion, year on year (Their A100, which is used for data centers is expected to continue to grow due to its outstanding performance…it performs AI computations with 1/20th of the power consumption of CPUs and is 20x faster than their previous generation)
    - Their GForce gaming platform now has 6 million users and is supported in 65 countries which is expected to continue to grow
    - Acquired mellanox technologies in April 2020

- Q1 2021 revenues expected to be $5.3 billion
    - Their net income in 2020 was $4.3 billion, so they are already making significant profits and are growing rapidly
    - Shares are down 24% from their high in 2020
    - They are one of the leaders in AI in my opinion and this is and will continue to be a massive area of growth for many years to come, hence the importance of the ARM acquisition
    - 0.13% dividend
    - Currently trading at 72 p/e. Now, at first sight that seems very high but with revenues accelerating and their ability to execute their strategies to date I don't think that is at all outlandish. I expect that in 3 years we'll look back and say, that was good value back then.

I know they are going to have a bit of competition from AMD in the future but they are now the "go to" for gaming so I'm not too concerned about that right now...I'm averaging down and long on Nvidia, interested to hear other peoples thoughts

(This was all typed on a laptop using an Nvidia GEFORCE GTX, so I can firsthand say their product is top of the class!)

- Nvidia announced that they will be beating Q1 estimates.
    - Going after Intel now by making their own server CPU ($$$).
    - Bringing AI driven automation to cyber security with Morpheus
    - Announced several renewed / new partnerships with Aws, Volvo, Schrodinger and others.
    - Stock up 20% in past month
    - Hopefully that $40 billion ARM acquisition gets the green light over the next 12 months
    - A stock I'll once again be buying on any dips a future revenue machine in all the right areas for future growth, not a cheap stock right now though

Long video of Nvidia's GTC conference for those with no life like myself :cool:
    https://twitter.com/nvidia/status/1379565405799256065

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Hyliion has been absolutely smashed into the ground, from ten to 58 back under ten now. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/HYLN/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

jams100 wrote: »
    - Nvidia announced that they will be beating Q1 estimates.
    - Going after Intel now by making their own server CPU ($$$).
    - Bringing AI driven automation to cyber security with Morpheus
    - Announced several renewed / new partnerships with Aws, Volvo, Schrodinger and others.
    - Stock up 20% in past month
    - Hopefully that $40 billion ARM acquisition gets the green light over the next 12 months
    - A stock I'll once again be buying on any dips a future revenue machine in all the right areas for future growth, not a cheap stock right now though

Long video of Nvidia's GTC conference for those with no life like myself :cool:

I bought Nvidia in the past, watched it grow from $78 to $468 then sold, which was a bit of a blunder as I could have made even more profit but at the time I thought it's valuation had gone sky high.
    Looking today it's far too expensive for me, P/E ratio now through the roof :eek: and TSMC are eating into even more of it's revenue due to chip fab space competition from Apple, AMD and Samsung.

My semiconductor plays are
    • Intelligence
    • Skyworks Solutions - main suppliers of 5G radio chips within all mobiles
    • Microchip Technology - has a big chunk of the microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog chips (very small position in this one)
    All have Moats, huge profits and low P/E ratios

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

How's everyone holding up the last 6 weeks have not been pretty - yesterday was quite the beating!

But long term over time stocks go up.

I've no more cash left to invest - waiting for Edesas phase 2 results once that hits $60 a share I'll be banging(wishful thinking I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Hyliion has been absolutely smashed into the ground, from ten to 58 back under ten now. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/HYLN/

I remember I had 500e of Hyliion last summer, and like 20 or so times that in NIO, and when HYLN hit 55 but NIO was still at like 13 I had completed fomo and thought ugghh maybe I'd backed the wrong horse ha. I ended up flogging on the HYLN for 30ish, the technology just wasn't ready for all the hype behind them, it's been a rocky road with NIO also but I've been alot more impressed with their ability to hit targets and actually grow revenues.

DutchYurt wrote: »
    How's everyone holding up the last 6 weeks have not been pretty - yesterday was quite the beating!

I've no more cash left to invest - waiting for Edesas phase 2 results once that hits $60 a share I'll be banging(wishful thinking I know).

Thank fook for crypto, that is all I have to say lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Timmaay wrote: »
    Thank fook for crypto, that is all I have to say lol.

Same! I've made about 5x off crypto then what I have off of stocks and only really got into it in the last 6 months! Albeit a bot is doing the work I'm pretty happy with the return. Looking forward to see how ETH2.0 pans out!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Same! I've made about 5x off crypto then what I have off of stocks and only really got into it in the last 6 months! Albeit a bot is doing the work I'm pretty happy with the return. Looking forward to see how ETH2.0 pans out!

What bot are you using? Don't want to clog this thread but pm me or post in the crypto thread if you can. Thanks

I only started (aside from Gamestop madness earlier in the year)on St. Patrick's day, in terms of Capital Gain I am up about 1% but Currency "Gain" has reduced that to 0.25%.

Three stocks are responsible for my "gains", the other six are at a slight loss. Berkshire Hathaway is my best performer at about 6% gain.

Slow and steady here, I will be topping up every month so will see how I get on over the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

Porsche and Gold are my best 2 performers, they are keeping me in the game everything else is way down, but im in it for the long haul. Dont know enough about Crypto at this stage to get involved.

Can't say I'm hugely excited about eth2.0, no real timeline and just keeps getting pushed out. I'll see how much it pumps in this breakout and probably cash in half of it. Btc I'll happily hodl, I got like 20% stablecoins which I'm pushing up towards 30%, then 15% in each of fetch, chainlink, Thela, ETH, and afew % in some moonshots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Argo Blockchain is down 13% today.

Any news?

Advertisement