Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

cc87 wrote: »
    Me last week when it dipped under $6: Once OCGN is over $10 I'm selling

Me today: Maybe I'll wait for $15......

I’ve been in since the Rigolo tip. Averaged up along the way but intend on taking 10% out at 20 (and rolling it into ANVS). The rest will be held for while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Sold half at 11.60, will hold the rest with a imaginary SL of 10.50 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

LC134 wrote: »
    I’ve been in since the Rigolo tip. Averaged up along the way but intend on taking 10% out at 20 (and rolling it into ANVS). The rest will be held for while.

Rigolo lol! Legendary tips and DD , got banned, came back for two days, 5hat the bed and left again. Wonder where he is now.

Treppen wrote: »
    Rigolo lol! Legendary tips and DD , got banned, came back for two days, 5hat the bed and left again. Wonder where he is now.

Living it up no doubt. The guy thrived in all markets.

It hasn’t happened yet, maybe next week, but I will let another huge RIGOLLLOOO roar when OCGN hits a new ATH above $18.

Don’t care where I am when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭1percent

Me last week when it dipped under $6: Once OCGN is over $10 I'm selling

Me today: Maybe I'll wait for $15......

I know the feeling, two weeks or so ago i had a sell order in for 10.59 i want to say it was, and as it approached I said no its going further! Well, I watched as it spent all of about 5 seconds that day above my order before crashing back down.
    Today I had my plan, I knew where I wanted to be, I watched it since logging off work (maybe a little before) moving my stop loss up as it passed each resistance point, higher lows, round number biases ect. 13.62 was my want, it would give me €1,270 in profit and it would make the tax return easy next year was my logic. And with the SL at 13.01, and the ticker hitting 13.60 BANG drops through the 13 and I'm out.
    It was a fun ride but now I can go and enjoy my Friday. Looking at her now she is still hanging around below the 13 mark so I am happy with my actions.

RIGALO thank you for the entertainment this stock has brought me since the new year when I read your post tipping it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

LC134 wrote: »

Same as myself, sold some last time it hit the $15 mark and told myself I'll let the rest play until phase 3 data or EUA.

After the last two months of red it's very tempting to sell the rest now though!

Same as myself, sold some last time it hit the $15 mark and told myself I'll let the rest play until phase 3 data or EUA.

After the last two months of red it's very tempting to sell the rest now though!

I think how it’s all played out give rooms to pretty high stock price. Literally blocked from US media coverage until now, all the other vaccines getting criticized, blood clots etc. J&J prob the worst affected in US confidence wise.

How I see it could be perceived by the average US person - Now there is a new option for people and it’s not the “DNA altering” or whatever the scaremongering is, instead it’s similar to other vaccines like polio. It covers variants and has taken time to be scrutinized I.e. not rushed with big pharma guinea pigs. No controversial side effects reported etc.

I’m delighted for people getting profit after holding through turbulent red weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

ADZAM wrote: »
    I want to get more non-US listed stocks in my portfolio.

What are peoples favorites on the European or UK exchanges?

For example I found:
    JDE Peets (JDEP.AS) on the Amsterdam exchange, a coffee play
    Aixtron (AIXA.DE)on the German Exchange, a semi-conductor materials provider

Some non-obvious ones would be good, value, growth, speculative, doesn't matter! :)

On this, Im looking to do similar., so would be interested in suggestions.

Pernod Ricard (parent company of Irish Distillers) has been a good performing Euro company. Shares doing quite well recently on the back of performance and think the target is €190.

Threw a €150.00 gamble into BTC there, will see what happens... Hoping for a short term modest profit (and something to keep me occupied lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Threw a €150.00 gamble into BTC there, will see what happens... Hoping for a short term modest profit (and something to keep me occupied lol)

I've just stated dabbling on crypto last few months. Main thing I've noticed is violent swings in all directions. Not sure what platform you're on but look at stop losses.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the madness though!

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote: »
    I've just stated dabbling on crypto last few months. Main thing I've noticed is violent swings in all directions. Not sure what platform you're on but look at stop losses.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the madness though!
    Ah its only 150 quid of disposable money (from Gamestop!) so happy to watch it a while and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Nice swing in SKLZ today. Made few hundred after two months of red.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Cronos/jams/dutch, or any others with plenty growth stocks, how did yas fair out in the end ha? For me just a casual 15% start of the week portfolio dip and full recovery the last 3 days. I think I need to log outa my degiro and t212 accounts and not check again until mid May, this crazy volatility isn't good for my head ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Timmaay wrote: »
    Cronos/jams/dutch, or any others with plenty growth stocks, how did yas fair out in the end ha? For me just a casual 15% start of the week portfolio dip and full recovery the last 3 days. I think I need to log outa my degiro and t212 accounts and not check again until mid May, this crazy volatility isn't good for my head ha.

Lost probably 30% on Skills by selling it at almost the bottom. Same with Opendoor. Open would still be slightly below my inital price, Skills is above so I'd be in profit on that one. Similar story for Mile. Basically chose the worst possible time to sell.

While the above is disappointing and wasn't really necessary for me to do it, the last time I pulled a similar maneuver I saved a lot more than I lost this time. Basically got out of all SPAC's before the collapse to NAV.

I've now reentered a good few SPAC's close to NAV. We will see how that goes. Still up 14% overall since last October, but I was up 61% at one point this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Do teledoc provide traditional GP services? Seems a hard thing to do over a zoom call? Blood checks, examinations, “cough while I put a stethoscope to your chest”.

Is there business model more addressed towards mental well being?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Do teledoc provide traditional GP services? Seems a hard thing to do over a zoom call? Blood checks, examinations, “cough while I put a stethoscope to your chest”.

No, GP services too and these are much cheaper and quicker than traditional f2f services.

Teladoc claim that over 90% of cases are resolved after a tele-appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah they do in the states. Irish Life Health offer simialr in Ireland which I've used. 80% of things people go to GP's for can be done remotely. Most of that "cough while I put a stethoscope to your chest” is really just for show, reassures patients that their doctor did a full check.

They bought Livongo last year which is a great addon to their business model (allows them to monitor diagnosed diseases like diabetes.

They've a few other things too, Best Doctors is one available to Irish people, you get told by your doctor "you have cancer, we recommend x type of chemo". They'll take your file and have it independently verified by a leading consultant that you're getting the best course of action.

Suppose it saves you going in to them to have blood test results read out to you.

Interesting reading about Bidens proposals.....

Proposed 39.6

Previously...

Now: 37%
    2017: 39.6%
    1993-2000: 39.6%
    1982-1986: 50%
    1981: 69.3%
    1971-1980: 70%
    1954-1963: 91%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Interesting reading about Bidens proposals.....

Proposed 39.6

Previously...

Now: 37%
    2017: 39.6%
    1993-2000: 39.6%
    1982-1986: 50%
    1981: 69.3%
    1971-1980: 70%
    1954-1963: 91%

What are them %, actual cgt rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

Flex wrote: »
    On this, Im looking to do similar., so would be interested in suggestions.

Pernod Ricard (parent company of Irish Distillers) has been a good performing Euro company. Shares doing quite well recently on the back of performance and think the target is €190.

Just on this I don't know how much more they have to run but logistics companies like Post NL and Poste Italiene have been on the up for me. Royal Mail which I'm not invested in has had a more meteoric rise though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Timmaay wrote: »
    What are them %, actual cgt rates?

It’s a bit different in the states to here tho isn’t it.

Those rates only apply to gains more than $1m in a year (so very few people) and you only pay CGt on shares you keep longer than a year (income tax on less than that)

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It’s a bit different in the states to here tho isn’t it.

Those rates only apply to gains more than $1m in a year (so very few people) and you only pay CGt on shares you keep longer than a year (income tax on less than that)

Ya, essentially the sell-off that happened when the rumour appeared was stupid since first it was a rumour and second there was plenty of time to react to it.

It won’t actually have any meaningful affect except to increase volatility a bit since it only penalises shares held for a year or more so it encourages selling sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wgk

Hey - long term lurker first time poster on this forum...

Like many others, jumped into this during covid and drip-fed monthly savings here over the last 12 months which is now reaching a decent sized portfolio.

Trawled this forum back to 2019 and set off curating a selection of picks from here balanced with some dividend plays and in the absence of any subscriptions, I relied a lot on broker upgrades flagged on yahoo finance, Hargreaves etc.

Special shoutout to Rigolo here whose early Argo blockchain tip has kept me significantly in the green throughout and I am a fully fledged Argonaut these days.

Currently portfolio (broad strokes);

- About 50% invested in Argo
    - Have 15k in AMC which I've slowly become more sure of
    - About 10% in a mixture of covid plays (Carnival, Norwegian cruises), oil and travel stocks for recovery (Exon, Chevron, BP, Shell, Tullow, IAG),
    - 4d (well flagged here)
    - A couple of SPACS (CCIV, PSTH etc)
    - Tech (Tesla, TTD, AirBNB) and a number of e-commerce plays (shopify, mercado libre, alibaba, pinduoduo)
    - Some interesting energy plays (Gevo, sunova, brookfield renewable)

More recently, I have started investing in some more crypto plays (at 34, I think I have a bit more time on my hands to be speculative). Currently invested 1-2K each in BIGG, Digihost, Hive, Pires and Riverfort (LSE plays linked to Argo blockchain investment in Pluto assets).

Am considering injecting some more cash in the next month and looking for any thoughts on;

- Voyager Digital (the platform not the coin)...its fundamentals seem better than Coinbase that recently IPO'ed and they are heavily backed to multi-bag in coming year but have been plagued with some growing pains

- Perion? any thoughts?

- Caught a wave of drone plays a few months ago but this seems to have gone very quiet lately - any thoughts on UAVS, Digital Turbine, Draganfly, Plymouth Rock)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

zom wrote: »
    Not the best timing for Cellebrite ;):

https://signal.org/blog/cellebrite-vulnerabilities/

TBH I was expecting this to have a major impact on Cellebrite (i.e. cheap stock for me to slurp up) but the news has completely unaffected the pre-merger share price.

That said, as good as Moxie Marlenspike is, this temporary mitigation of whatever Israeli 0 day or similar exploit that was being used is on a countdown to be patched - and was never the specific reason I'm bullish on them.

They recently merged with Axon - i.e. the only game in bodycam evidence handling for the police and federal agencies in the US - leading to e2e evidence chain handling and interoperability between their platforms. Axon ended up buying $90 million of common shares for the SPAC bringing Cellebrite public.

Think of this as the growth stock for bodycam usage in a post George Floyd world - except they already have the clients, the federal endorsements, and the legal precedents sorted.

tl;dr - Cellebrite is *the* law-enforcement digital portal in the states going forward, and will end up taking large parts of the burgeoning bodycamera market in security and retail due to their best-in-class chain-of-evidence and integrity handling.

pioneerpro wrote: »
    TBH I was expecting this to have a major impact on Cellebrite (i.e. cheap stock for me to slurp up) but the news has completely unaffected the pre-merger share price.

That said, as good as Moxie Marlenspike is, this temporary mitigation of whatever Israeli 0 day or similar exploit that was being used is on a countdown to be patched - and was never the specific reason I'm bullish on them.

They recently merged with Axon - i.e. the only game in bodycam evidence handling for the police and federal agencies in the US - leading to e2e evidence chain handling and interoperability between their platforms. Axon ended up buying $90 million of common shares for the SPAC bringing Cellebrite public.

Think of this as the growth stock for bodycam usage in a post George Floyd world - except they already have the clients, the federal endorsements, and the legal precedents sorted.

tl;dr - Cellebrite is *the* law-enforcement digital portal in the states going forward, and will end up taking large parts of the burgeoning bodycamera market in security and retail due to their best-in-class chain-of-evidence and integrity handling.

I noticed similar company $DGLY are being pumped on r/pennystocks , any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

I noticed similar company $DGLY are being pumped on r/pennystocks , any thoughts?

No clue about them - i'm hot on Cellebrite/Axon because of their massive federal and law enforcement captive client base. Axon alone has 85%+ of the bodycam market in the US and is staged for significant growth both in existing contexts as well as the private security and loss prevention markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Talkspace are similar to Teledoc but for mental health. A few months ago they announced they'd be going public with the ticker TALK. Hudson Executive Investment Corp (HEC) is the spac dealing with it but I haven't heard any updates recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

They had a legal battle with Axon last year or the year before, something about copyright, pretty sure they lost that

Big on Axon though, seems to be the only game in town

Advertisement