Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

Added to Affirm today, new 52 week low

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

cronos wrote: »
    Seems quite safe. Bit worried about 180 personally. Seems the tide has turned.

try having 209 BEP :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

treatyman wrote: »

Tip ranks says we should go all in https://www.tipranks.com/stocks/tdoc/forecast
    :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

cronos wrote: »
    Tip ranks says we should go all in https://www.tipranks.com/stocks/tdoc/forecast
    :rolleyes: :p

it better come back... :pac: I piled in last week to get my BEP down to 180, no cash left now and I've lost almost all the gains I held in last couple of months..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Qualtrics looks attractive at it's current price I would have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

UPDATE TO POSITIONS

Not much has changed in my main listing. I've included Intellia Therapeutics
    as they have risen nicely over the last month and are a significant holding.
    I sold some VOW3 this week only to reduce my exposure and keep the PF balanced. I sold spac Far Peak Acquisition Corp, and bought into HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp. I added to Skyworks solutions during the last sell off, happy with that move, I'm expecting good returns from Skyworks once the 5G era gets established

Main positions~ 75% of my PF
    • Intel
    • Exxon Mobile
    • Skyworks Solutions
    • UCB sa
    • Shanghai Henlius Biotech
    • Aryzta
    • Volkswagen
    • Baba
    • Intellia Therapeutics

Crsprs (~8%)
    • Editas Medicine
    • Applied Genetic Technologies Corp
    • Beam Therapeutics
    • Vascular Biogenics LtdD
    Current Speculative holdings (~6%)
    spacs
    • HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp

Others (very small positions not all listed)
    • Cocrystal Pharma
    • Winston Gold corp
    • AbCellera Biologics
    • Edesa Biotech
    • BowLeven Plc

Holding about 8% cash now too.

Massive jump in Cocrystal pharma today up 160%, positive results from it's COVID-19 Antiviral drug. This micro cap is on a roll. Still only a $250 million Mcap company, but the market is now very interested in them

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

I am down 33% on Relief therapeutics... and 20% on LMND. Started LMND with BEP $112 and now at BEP $99. I will hold for it to come back to at least $110. Not idea about Relief therapeutics though. Afraid of adding more money as it might be good money thrown after bad money.

Would love to have perspective on Relief therapeutics if anyone is holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

bish76 wrote: »
    I am down 33% on Relief therapeutics... and 20% on LMND. Started LMND with BEP $112 and now at BEP $99. I will hold for it to come back to at least $110. Not idea about Relief therapeutics though. Afraid of adding more money as it might be good money thrown after bad money.

Would love to have perspective on Relief therapeutics if anyone is holding.

Why would you buy LMND at $99 and sell at $110, was it just a short term gamble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

FTOC/Payoneer with a boost after announcing partnership with eBay.
    Still at a really cheap price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

ADZAM wrote: »
    Added to Affirm today, new 52 week low

Was looking ar them recently.
    Was a bit worried about their model and loan defaults however I'm always too cautious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    Why would you buy LMND at $99 and sell at $110, was it just a short term gamble?

Good point. LMND was supposed to be a long term investment originally but my confidence in this company has shaken since :D

In last few months, I concluded that it is basically an insurance company whose stock is valued with a tech multiples. AI modelling of risk management profiles is disrupted causing a hype of tech growth stocks initially but insurance is ultimately a mature market. I think it will settle around $110-120 mark towards end of this year when I will run out of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

LMND is no less a company than it was when I bought it a few months ago but hard not to be disheartened. Follow the company, not the stock. Long term hold for me (down 25% so kinda have to be).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

199bep here, awwwe you've bet me in the "buy high and buying the dip that keeps on dipping" awards lol. It's another rule of thumb I'm learning the hard way however, with dollar cost averaging, its far harder emotionally to keep buying on the way down and while the market is at max fear, absolutely no point only buying when the market is on the up or near the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Has anyone jumped into dogecoin..its going very well at the moment. Bought 700 of them myself, hopefully thay can claw back some of the loss on my shares.

butrasgali wrote: »
    Has anyone jumped into dogecoin..its going very well at the moment. Bought 700 of them myself, hopefully thay can claw back some of the loss on my shares.

Be careful with doge over the next few days, with Elon doing SNL there’s a good chance of a pump and dump over the weekend.

Folks, I'm following a good few Investment Trusts quite closely, I was thinking of setting up an investment trust watch thread (or something like that) and putting interesting articles and stuff as I find them in there, and others can do the same and chat about them, what do we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭in2dark

Folks, I'm following a good few Investment Trusts quite closely, I was thinking of setting up an investment trust watch thread (or something like that) and putting interesting articles and stuff as I find them in there, and others can do the same and chat about them, what do we think?

Great idea!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

cc87 wrote: »
    Be careful with doge over the next few days, with Elon doing SNL there’s a good chance of a pump and dump over the weekend.

It will probably dump when everyone least expects it to, like either friday morning or middle of next week ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Anyone follow this https://www.youtube.com/c/TheInvestorChannel/videos ? Pretty good imo. Not affiliated in any way. Any other channels people find interesting and would like to point out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Anyone follow this https://www.youtube.com/c/TheInvestorChannel/videos ? Pretty good imo. Not affiliated in any way. Any other channels people find interesting and would like to point out?

Big fan of that channel except a little bit too FAANG oriented for my liking. Another one I like is Learn to Invest. He has started to do a lot of one minute fair value analysis videos which I find helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSglJMvX-zSgv3PEJIE_inw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Goo idea, I'm following your comments on the Memestock thread, I never knew much about Investment Trusts so thanks for digging and explaining

Alfi, $ALF, a digital advertising company IPO's yesterday on the NASDAQ.
    Priced at $4.50, ended the day at $2.9, currently up 9% pre-market.

It's a SaaS based advertising service where I think their digital advertising systems all have cameras and using computer vision collect data about users/customers and their engagement to better target advertising, usual buzz words included AI, machine learning etc.
    Currently targeting airports, taxi services and shopping malls. Based in Belfast and Miami. Fully GDPR/data privacy complaint. Very young company and one I would see as prime to be bought out by one of the bigger advertising companies.

Might be willing to take punt on them but at the moment their website is full of dead links so not willing to put money on them yet. But they've a low float so if it runs it could jump quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Timmaay wrote: »
    It will probably dump when everyone least expects it to, like either friday morning or middle of next week ha.

I luckily got ahold of DOGE before the pumping started so I'm up 10-fold, was thinking of selling just on Friday or Monday, can't decide if Musk is crazy enough to state something like "DOGE TO THE MOON!" type of silly sentence on Sunday :D to be fair, it's a good (and very lucky) place to be in thinking of selling with 5-10 or 20x :D

I like this guy, he is good at explaining things https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrTTBSUr0zhPU56UQljag5A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Taking a break from logging in to Degiro every day, you'd drive yourself mad eventually. Especially during these selloffs.

Anyone any thoughts on or is long Spotify?

I'm trying to diversify a bit away from the mid cap growth stocks and see Spotify as a potentially decent growth play in the large cap space.

Had a look at their earnings and was quietly impressed. My biggest issue with them was how they were hemorrhaging money for a long time but they turned a profit and are cash flow positive. Balance sheet looks healthy too.

I know the stock fell a bit post earnings (what stock doesn't fall post earnings these days) due to concerns about user growth but I can't see Spotify going anywhere, they'll be around for the long term. Even with the likes of Apple music and to a lesser extent Tidal, it's not a zero sum game. Plenty of non iPhone users out there who will need a Spotify account, it's basically a cost of living for me at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

New all time low for Affirm, Peloton are their largest customer and they just announced a recall of all their threadmills due to safety concerns. Pure balls. Still long Affirm... it will be interesting to see if it breaks the $60 support level

in2dark wrote: »
    Great idea!!!
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Goo idea, I'm following your comments on the Memestock thread, I never knew much about Investment Trusts so thanks for digging and explaining

Thanks guys. I went ahead and set it up, pulled some of the stuff buried in the Memestock thread as an into

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058183673

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Fastly having another horror show of an earnings report. Numbers don’t look too bad but CFO leaving and the SP is down double digits again. Such a rollercoaster stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Fastly having another horror show of an earnings report. Numbers don’t look too bad but CFO leaving and the SP is down double digits again. Such a rollercoaster stock

yeah, logged in there and saw my nice green number from earlier was dragged into red by FSLY. Time to average down I guess??

Advertisement