Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

VW 1 wrote: »
    You are both right with this, the shift from an artist's point of view has already happened. The model being that the artists sell their revenues/royalties and receive an upfront payment based on the value and projected future value of their book of songs. The purchaser then retains a neogtiated amount (90% buyer/10% artist) to ensure that there is a revenue stream for the buyer and an incentive for the artist to keep making music.

Yeah the old system is terrible for artists and I see this changing over time. Off topic for the share picks thread but I got involved in the BAND Royalty NFTs that launched yesterday where you can invest and get paid a % of artists royalties.

On topic for this thread, it's a sea of red out there for my individual picks. Don't plan on selling any but frustrating to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭theboringfox

TheBetsy wrote: »
    Is anyone dipping their toes for some bargains?

Tempted by few like Lemonade, Splunk, Crowdstrike. Tempted to dip in there. Also think little more pinterest. Veeva systems been on my list and its pulled back enough I think theres good value. Think I like salesforce, tsmc for bit of topping up. Intel I came out of in 60s but might go back in. Ive lot of things Id like to buy but Im trying to keep to steady monthly investment as went bit mad last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

I just take solace from the fact my pension doesn't hold any LMND, RDFN or TDOC. They're just for me to buy and lose money on.
    :D hope they don't have a rookie like me managing funds :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Probably more TDOC, NET, CRWD, BWA. Tempted by NVDA and SQ too. I'll probably put some in to the relative safety of a trust fund on Degiro too - anyone have a recommendation there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Fearing the next 15 mns:
    21:00 - Square Results
    21:05 - Peloton Results
    21:10 - Datadog Results
    21:15 - Cloudfare Results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Bought more Skillz there. Have about 10% of my total holdings in cash but not going to bite on anything else just yet. We could have further to go down so willing to hold tough for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

For anyone freaking out about this correction, just get past May ->

seasonality%20since%201928%20DB.jpg?itok=yrb5eCe8

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheBetsy

bish76 wrote: »
    More Redfin, MILE and TDOC for me... tired to chasing them to the bottom :mad:

Also been buying $RDFN and $TDOC. Also got back into $UPST again today at $90 having sold out after last ER

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheBetsy

I just take solace from the fact my pension doesn't hold any LMND, RDFN or TDOC. They're just for me to buy and lose money on.

I will never forgive myself for not selling lemonade at $180, I even knew at the time at 100x sales it was never going to last, some dope I am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

TheBetsy wrote: »
    I will never forgive myself for not selling lemonade at $180, I even knew at the time at 100x sales it was never going to last, some dope I am

Could be worse...you could have bought it at that!:pac: (I didn't :) )

Anyone still in the DMYD SPAC post merger? (Genius Sports GENI)

Good longterm hold

GENIUS SPORTS BUYS BALLMER-BACKED SECOND SPECTRUM FOR $200 MILLION

https://www.sportico.com/business/sales/2021/genius-sports-second-spectrum-1234629072/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Could be worse...you could have bought it at that!:pac: (I didn't :) )

Anyone still in the DMYD SPAC post merger? (Genius Sports GENI)

Good longterm hold

GENIUS SPORTS BUYS BALLMER-BACKED SECOND SPECTRUM FOR $200 MILLION

https://www.sportico.com/business/sales/2021/genius-sports-second-spectrum-1234629072/

They're a nice hold if you're in pre-rumour for sure. I'm holding HZON awaiting the DA for SportsRadar in the same space - but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it in such a depressed SPAC market in the medium-term.

Have left my SPAC positions where they are (near-NAV in all cases) and concentrated on picking up some TLRY 'cheap' at $16.50 this week only to see it drop to $14 :mad: Very hard to know what's safe at the moment but also started a position in MNMD post-Nasdaq listing at around $3.50. Think that has serious legs even in terms of /r/WSB or similar attention at some point this year.

Also very tempted to start a position in 4D if it trends down below 100GBX next week. Is there any news/issues I'm unaware of here or is it just an unfavourable market for it atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

pioneerpro wrote: »
    They're a nice hold if you're in pre-rumour for sure. I'm holding HZON awaiting the DA for SportsRadar in the same space - but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it in such a depressed SPAC market in the medium-term.

Have left my SPAC positions where they are (near-NAV in all cases) and concentrated on picking up some TLRY 'cheap' at $16.50 this week only to see it drop to $14 :mad: Very hard to know what's safe at the moment but also started a position in MNMD post-Nasdaq listing at around $3.50. Think that has serious legs even in terms of /r/WSB or similar attention at some point this year.

Also very tempted to start a position in 4D if it trends down below 100GBX next week. Is there any news/issues I'm unaware of here or is it just an unfavourable market for it atm?

4D ticked upwards on the back of a lot of positive news coming around the same time, Merck & Pfizer partnerships, trial updates, US listing. But there hasn't been any real news for a while now and short interest increased on 4d which dropped the price. Looks like a few stop losses were hit yesterday which accelerated the drop. Plus the US listing couldn't have been timed worse, after months of green the listing happens in a sea of red.

The CEO bought shares April 15th and nothing has changed fundamentally about the stock so there's still reasons to be confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Market is crazy, tillray will have another bullrun for sure cant believe its that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

I am waiting to get into MNMD. Definitely a future for that kinda thing just not sure how far they are with it. Need to look into their stuff.

cronos wrote: »

Yes this is funny. Sure Yellen had to backtrack her comments on rates once the market started to slide. Whole thing on thin ice.
    I am just happy I am flat since feb beside few meme stocks that I am refusing to sell.
    The only thing I didnt expect, is crypto climbing further, still don't fully understand that market dynamics.

SmokyMo wrote: »
    Yes this is funny. Sure Yellen had to backtrack her comments on rates once the market started to slide. Whole thing on thin ice.
    I am just happy I am flat since feb beside few meme stocks that I am refusing to sell.
    The only thing I didnt expect, is crypto climbing further, still don't fully understand that market dynamics.

If the Fed said nothing for a few weeks, things would probably be fine.
    Seems like whenever they or Yellen speak everyone panics regardless of what they actually say.

I get the impression that yesterdays report was a warning shot to hedge funds to deleverage and be more careful with playing both sides (shorting stocks they also own).

As retail investing grows, the SEC/fed could come under pressure to increase regulation around hedge funds which I don't think they want to do but can see the growing need for.

Resisting buying any new stocks at the moment, as I want to reduce the number I currently own but waiting for catalysts in a number of them. Added small lots of PLTR and FROG yesterday. Possibly add more FROG today, down 9% pre-market.

Watching CCIV, NIO, AMD, ARRY to see what happens today and possibly average down.

cc87 wrote: »
    The CEO bought shares April 15th and nothing has changed fundamentally about the stock so there's still reasons to be confident.

That's more or less where I'm at with it - I'm just afraid its a tempting short target going forward and will end up seeing weird depression for a year and then breakout like Rocket Insurance earlier this year (RKT).
    Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Market is crazy, tillray will have another bullrun for sure cant believe its that low.

Makes zero sense to me. High Tide similarly tracing back to 1/2 of ATH YTD. I'm filling my boots anyway.
    I am waiting to get into MNMD. Definitely a future for that kinda thing just not sure how far they are with it. Need to look into their stuff.

Yeah unsure of how long a hold they are, but delighted to have a position staked out with the recent uplisting in any case. These guys are serious and in the right space.

That's more or less where I'm at with it - I'm just afraid its a tempting short target going forward and will end up seeing weird depression for a year and then breakout like Rocket Insurance earlier this year (RKT).
    I hopped on UWMC as kinda sympathy play to RKT when it boomed. Bigger company. Got greedy now in red. I think rates impact them negatively.
    Makes zero sense to me. High Tide similarly tracing back to 1/2 of ATH YTD. I'm filling my boots anyway.

Also in on HITIF, thought it would break 0.7 and go to 1.5, I made nice chunk on SNDL so was feeling great about weed stock! There was plenty of good news as well. Didn't matter and now I am slightly in red with it too.

I did add small position on EDR which owns UFC. Just because I am fan so why not.

• Advertisement

Also in on HITIF, thought it would break 0.7 and go to 1.5, I made nice chunk on SNDL so was feeling great about weed stock! There was plenty of good news as well. Didn't matter and now I am slightly in red with it too.

Yeah i'm in from about 0.32 and watched it go up to the 0.7 range happily with limited catalysts. Uplisting this year, and their continuing run of acquisitions, mean that it's one of the few stocks I've been urging to trace back to my original BEP so I can load up some more. Possibly the highest conviction stock I own.
    I did add small position on EDR which owns UFC. Just because I am fan so why not.

I'm a fan of MMA too, and I prefer to 'invest' by buying tickets to Bellator Dublin events :D

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

And just like that all the gains in Ocugen are wiped out... all to do with the request for Covid vaccine IP to be removed :(

voodoo wrote: »
    And just like that all the gains in Ocugen are wiped out... all to do with the request for Covid vaccine IP to be removed :(

They were also very vague about EUA timelines on the earnings call. Seems COVID outbreak in India is delaying Bharat collecting final data which is needed for the EUA submission. Possibly mid-late June before EUA may be granted.

Big big pump on COVID aligned stuff with EU news today. RLF up +20% (although fell a lot in recent times) and BRPA trading halt.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Up to 16$ already today on the back of some fairly weak-ass analyst PT news. Hilarious how little it took to depress it; but back up +15% in about 3 hours today so can't really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

cc87 wrote: »
    They were also very vague about EUA timelines on the earnings call. Seems COVID outbreak in India is delaying Bharat collecting final data which is needed for the EUA submission. Possibly mid-late June before EUA may be granted.

Yes, very disappointed with end to this week and the call. Sold all my shares around mid 8 to profit at least 10k. Couldn’t bear the thought of hitting 6s or even 5s after it was at 15...

I will try a re entry in the next week or two but I think it might bleed for a bit as they won’t be submitting the application for a few weeks. And market might be a bit wobbly during that time.

Every day / week is a school day I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I was ruing selling my 50% @11.60 for last few days, but now i'm happy atleast I took some profits off the table.

Yesterday it was Fastly's turn, today it's Jfrog

There's this funny new colour showing for me today...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Anyone had Canadian Aphria convert to Tilray on Degiro?

I think they rightly messed up my conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Treppen wrote: »
    Anyone had Canadian Aphria convert to Tilray on Degiro?

I think they rightly messed up my conversion.

What happened?

Advertisement